Amendola to Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2 words: Adam Archuleta. If this does turn out to be similar, we have dodged a major bullet. No ill will to Danny, will always admire him, but that injury bug sure whacked him good while he was here. Danny has more going for him than Adam, but I recall being punched in the gut when he (Adam) left, only to see later the FO was right for letting him go. Could go the other way too where he is on the news every game ripping it up with Brady for the next 5 year. That would hurt!
Good luck Danny and nice payday.

A55VA6

Legend
Am I the only one NOT hurt by this? I think we can actually end up better.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Man. This one really hurts me as well. I thought for sure that Danny would be a Ram for life. Never even doubted it. This kid is a football player. More cajones than most guys twice his size. But that might just be his downfall. Missed a lot of games the past few years due to injury.It is a business, after all, and I don't blame him for making a wise business decision. Gonna miss him in horns but I'm glad he was a Ram.

GO RAMS!!!!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
He's a great receiver, he did his job with us. Only down side was the injury proneness.

cant hate the man, hes trying to get paid.

A55VA6

Legend
LosAngelesRams said:
He's a great receiver, he did his job with us. Only down side was the injury proneness.

cant hate the man, hes trying to get paid.
It almost seemed like staying with the Rams wasn't even an option though. It's like he just wanted to get out of here.

…..

Legend
This leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Not real happy to lose Danny in this manner.

I understand the business side of Football. I also understand Les Sneads remarks about evaluating everything, including ones ability to be on the field. Still, I had hoped some compromise could be reached.

I'd hope and like to think Danny's agent is an idiot, and the aggressive remarks made when Titus was signed were made purely from an idiot agents point of view.

Whats worse is that Danny is now a Patriot and theres a possibility that he leads the league in receptions while filling in nicely for Wes Welker. This of course, will give the world a new opportunity to call Bellicheck a genious, and that just doesnt sit well with me.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
The Dog said:
This leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Not real happy to lose Danny in this manner.

I understand the business side of Football. I also understand Les Sneads remarks about evaluating everything, including ones ability to be on the field. Still, I had hoped some compromise could be reached.

I'd hope and like to think Danny's agent is an idiot, and the aggressive remarks made when Titus was signed were made purely from an idiot agents point of view.

Whats worse is that Danny is now a Patriot and theres a possibility that he leads the league in receptions while filling in nicely for Wes Welker. This of course, will give the world a new opportunity to call Bellicheck a genious, and that just doesnt sit well with me.
Me too man, really irritated that the one team i didnt want to see him on, lands him...

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
It's funny how you guys turn on Danny so fast...it's pathetic...he's better then anyone AS OF RIGHT NOW on our roster...it's a MAJOR lose...the patriots know wtf they're doing...don't be so naive Danny is a stud and he will be missed

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm actually a little bit relieved with this news.
I'm a Danny Amendola fan...
Office+Space+Bob.jpg

But i also was a little skittish over his seemingly non-NFL body. It also will open things up in the draft and in TC in terms of opportunities and competition.

Good luck Danny...you were a helluva football player on an offense with next to zero weapons. I thank you for your efforts here. Time to move on.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
BuiltRamTough said:
It's funny how you guys turn on Danny so fast...it's pathetic...he's better then anyone AS OF RIGHT NOW on our roster...it's a MAJOR lose...the patriots know wtf they're doing...don't be so naive Danny is a stud and he will be missed
I agree with you, mostly. However, it's a bitter pill to swallow, anticipating Brady to Amendola; having comparisons made to Welker in Miami of Amendola with the Rams. :amped:

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I came to terms that the Rams were going to lose DA months ago, so I'm not surprised by him leaving. I'm also not surprised he ended up in NE were his old buddy Josh Mcdaniels is the offenisve cordinator.

I'm not going to hate on the guy for making more money where he can and going to a coach that highly regards him. I just feel a little sorry for DA because the fans aren't really ever going to embrace him up here unless he has an insanely productive season. (which he probably will have.) I'm rooting for the guy in the end just like I still root for Loyd.

nighttrain

Legend
31m, 10m guaranteed, 6.1m average. DA got his money, he deserves it, but with the Rams to many games on the bench..
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A55VA6 said:
I've just always had something against Danny. He's always seemed like he's about himself and not the team. Just my opinion.

I'm fine with him walking.

Cannot disagree more. That man killed his body out there for the team and was a model citizen on and off the field.

I will miss him but I came to terms that we were going to lose him weeks ago. Rams just aren't willing to risk it on his durability.

That said, it'll piss me off if we have to hear next year how Tom Brady and the Patriots released Amendola's potential like they did Welker. And I'm sure we will hear it if Danny stays healthy. They'll conveniently ignore that he would have had 100+ catches and 1000+ yards in 2012 had he stayed healthy.

I'll root for Danny...and against the Patriots. Like I did with Kurt on the Cardinals.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good luck to Amendola. Remember: if he has a great season for them, we get a good pick in next year's draft. I don't blame him for taking the money; 95 percent of humanity would do the same if they were in his shoes. Granted, I wouldn't become a damned Cheatriot (or a Whiner or a Seahag), but I'd go where the money was and set myself up for life.

It's just...Amendola in a Cheatriot uniform. Hard to fathom, much like Steven Jackson in a uniform that isn't the Rams.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Memento said:
Good luck to Amendola. Remember: if he has a great season for them, we get a good pick in next year's draft. I don't blame him for taking the money; 95 percent of humanity would do the same if they were in his shoes. Granted, I wouldn't become a damned Cheatriot (or a Whiner or a Seahag), but I'd go where the money was and set myself up for life.

It's just...Amendola in a Cheatriot uniform. Hard to fathom, much like Steven Jackson in a uniform that isn't the Rams.
I totally agree. I wish the little guy didn't get those injuries, because if not, I think he'd remain a Ram. I would wish he do well if not for the fact that he's going to the Patriots and I hope they lose essentially every single game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ram Quixote said:
BuiltRamTough said:
I agree with you, mostly. However, it's a bitter pill to swallow, anticipating Brady to Amendola; having comparisons made to Welker in Miami of Amendola with the Rams. :amped:

The difference being welker was pretty much just a punt returner at miami, but the focal point of the offense for the rams.

If he wasn't inured so often he would put up comparable numbers to welker already.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Danny Amendola WR NE

12 Hrs New England Patriots 2 Comments

The Rams were reportedly willing to pay Danny Amendola roughly $4 million per year.

Amendola got about $6 million per year from the Patriots, landed a five-year deal and gets to be a featured player for Tom Brady. In other words, the Rams never had a realistic shot of retaining their oft-injured No. 1 wideout.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4991/danny-amendola" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4991/danny-amendola</a>

fearsomefour

Legend
Amendola to the Patriots just made too much sense. I would have figured right around that $4M a year sort of offer to keep him as well. So, the $2M a year difference we couldnt compete with. Bums me out. Loved his game and attitude. But, he was never a dominant guy. Injuries of course and a fairly low yard per catch average for a WR. That said I totally expect him to be the same sort of first down machine Welker was with Brady....taking for granted he stays healthy.

By the way. Not overpaying for guys is exactly how the Patriots have stayed competitive all these years. Despite all of their success they entered free agency with a cap number about $98M. A team like the Raiders were mashed up against it. Goes to show, it really is about how you spend it, not just how much you spend. Gotta draft also. I hate to see Amendola leave as I think he is uncoverable out of his break in that slot position, but, I am still excited about this team.

Now, about a safety....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I shall not speak his name again.

So many evil thoughts that I'm going to keep to myself.

Other than that.... We made the smart decision based on the dependability of the player.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Selassie I said:
I shall not speak his name again.

So many evil thoughts that I'm going to keep to myself.

Other than that.... We made the smart decision based on the dependability of the player.

This. Yep, I have "turned" on Danny. I loved him while he was a RAM. I love NO player who suits up for "that" team. I wish him much anguish and regret while with that shitbag group of cheating fucks.