Amendola to Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
DR RAM said:
Lesson said:
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:
CGI_Ram said:
5yrs... :shock:

Anxious to see the money involved.

I can't say anything bad about Danny. He (apparently) cashed in despite the injury history.

I don't blame the Rams for being cautious. If someone wants to overpay, you can't match the lunacy.

31m, 10m guaranteed, 6.1m average.

I personally think he's worth every penny. Just not a deal the Rams could justify doing.

I'd have a little issue if the Rams gave that much $ for that many years.
But only 10 mil is guaranteed, so that's not bad if you need an out.

I think the negotiations started out on a bad foot with his snobby ass agent. The Rams probably just had it in their heads they weren't getting him back, so they devised a plan to move on without him. I'd like to hear the background on this and see if the Rams were involved in negotiations at all with him.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Sort of adding on to what Username said, I wonder went the wrong way before the season to now as I thought it was reported KD was working with Danny, JL and CL about extensions? Oh well.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:
DR RAM said:
Lesson said:
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:
CGI_Ram said:

I can't say anything bad about Danny. He (apparently) cashed in despite the injury history.

I don't blame the Rams for being cautious. If someone wants to overpay, you can't match the lunacy.

I personally think he's worth every penny. Just not a deal the Rams could justify doing.

I think the negotiations started out on a bad foot with his snobby ass agent. The Rams probably just had it in their heads they weren't getting him back, so they devised a plan to move on without him. I'd like to hear the background on this and see if the Rams were involved in negotiations at all with him.
Sounds feasible to me. Back in early Feb when we played GM, I thought Danny would be worth 6 mil per. I still think he is based on his production and value. Obviously the Patriots did too. I'd be surprised to think that we(Rams) didn't think he was worth that. The Cheats probably tampered with him, and he already made up his mind to go there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
[tweet]311988142179762176[/tweet]

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI_Ram said:
Lesson said:

Me too.

That's a ton of dough for a guy that's missed a lot of games in his career due to injury.

When he plays; he's worth it.

But, that's the problem.

in reality it might be a 2 year $10m deal. if he stays healthy and performs well they'll keep him around.

jap

Legend
DR RAM said:
Lesson said:
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:
CGI_Ram said:

You better believe the Pats will use any out they can get. Their days of underpaying players in exchange for a chance of Super Bowl glory is over!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
kurtfaulk said:
CGI_Ram said:
Lesson said:

Me too.

That's a ton of dough for a guy that's missed a lot of games in his career due to injury.

When he plays; he's worth it.

But, that's the problem.

in reality it might be a 2 year $10m deal. if he stays healthy and performs well they'll keep him around.

This is true.

But! We don't know how it's structured yet. The dead money might be low but it would still be dead money.

Mardy Gilyard and Jason Smith are on our 2013 books and that's restricted us.

Lesson

Oh, really?
On the flip side, if he performs well, the Rams could get a high compensatory pick.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:
Username said:
DR RAM said:
Lesson said:
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:
CGI_Ram said:

Sounds feasible to me. Back in early Feb when we played GM, I thought Danny would be worth 6 mil per. I still think he is based on his production and value. Obviously the Patriots did too. I'd be surprised to think that we(Rams) didn't think he was worth that. The Cheats probably tampered with him, and he already made up his mind to go there.

Danny probably was tampered with by them last season when they "had interest" in trading for him. And i bet he stays healthy and gets 80-90 catches and 1000+ yds. I think we used him here too much, wr, kr, and pr... Making him more likely to get biitten by thAt pesky injury bug. There he will just be a wr... Ill be pickijng him up early in my fantasy draft, lmao!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d52LEmdjyP4[/youtube]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:

Ah dude... that's hilarious.

Score!

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
TO THE FRE%@$#^%!$@#%^!$*@#ING PATRIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Damnit I was hoping he'd go to Philly. Fuckin New England and that damn hoodie. Wouldn't be a problem...their players aren't a problem. It's that fuckin hoodie.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:

About sums it up perfectly. Don't like where he went, but it's a business, and I can't hate the man for it. I'll still root for him, until he and the Rams meet on the field again. Then I want James to knock his little head off. But until then....

As for the money, I would have been happy to pay it, had Danny been healthy. I think when you look at all the factors, the health, the money, everything, it makes sense to let him walk. Especially since there's an upgrade to him at the draft. Not paying Danny, allows the Rams to get Jake Long. It's unlikely that the premiere OT's will fall to 16, but it's likely that the premiere slot receiver (Austin) does. And we can go into the season with Pettis taking over in the slot (his targets show he's becoming good for that position) if Austin isn't there, where the O-Line would have been more hurt by a lack of a good tackle.

In the end, the front office placed their bet they'll have their slot guy there at 16 more than their tackle.

Unless they don't take Austin, then what the fuck do I know anyway.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Sad to see him go, but we will survive. (cue Gloria Gaynor) The only think that stinks is that he is now playing for belacheat.

Good bye Danny. :bummed:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I hate to say it, but this one makes me miserable. Like Warner leaving miserable. Honestly, I don't know what to say. The offense IMO ran through this dude, and he clearly aided Bradford. The money certainly wasn't astronomical, I'd argue that his 6 mil with the Pats is easier to swallow than Cook's 7 mil. I won't say the offense is screwed by any means, that's somewhat hyperbolic. I like the upside of Givens and Quick on the outside, but Danny in the slot is a hell of a lot more appealing than Pettis in the slot. And I like Pettis there.

Damn man, I've seriously not felt like this about football for a while. It's a business and I'm still hardcore for my Rams, but damn. From this moment on, I vow to never develop a man-crush on a football player ever again. Sorry for the rant. Now I'm feeling a bit sheepish. :oops:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Warner4Prez said:
I hate to say it, but this one makes me miserable. Like Warner leaving miserable. Honestly, I don't know what to say. The offense IMO ran through this dude, and he clearly aided Bradford. The money certainly wasn't astronomical, I'd argue that his 6 mil with the Pats is easier to swallow than Cook's 7 mil. I won't say the offense is screwed by any means, that's somewhat hyperbolic. I like the upside of Givens and Quick on the outside, but Danny in the slot is a hell of a lot more appealing than Pettis in the slot. And I like Pettis there.

Damn man, I've seriously not felt like this about football for a while. It's a business and I'm still hardcore for my Rams, but damn. From this moment on, I vow to never develop a man-crush on a football player ever again. Sorry for the rant. Now I'm feeling a bit sheepish. :oops:
Feel ya Benny. Dolamite was one I figured would be a lifetime Ram, considering his rapport with Bradford and how well he got along with everyone (Chris Long is bummed out too, btw). But, like you said, b'ness is b'ness, and we can't get hung up on these dudes on a personal level. Having said that, let me just tell you it's impossible to do what you said. You're going to develop another man-crush, and you're going to have your heart punched again. Bank it.