Amendola: out this week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sort of feels like old news and piling it on... But Amendola is out. Again.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24103419/patriots-list-cb-aqib-talib-as-doubtful-danny-amendola-out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... endola-out</a>

Though Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib shut down Saints tight end Jimmy Graham last Sunday and held him without a catch, he suffered a hip flexor injury that forced him out toward the end of the game.

Talib missed practice Wednesday and Thursday, and despite the fact he practiced Friday for New England, he's officially listed as doubtful to play vs. the Jets on Sunday.

As the Boston Herald writes, "He stopped in the middle of the team jogging portion of the workout to walk toward the area where the cornerbacks stretch together. It's uncharacteristic for a player to stop midway through that exercise, so it was likely related to the hip."

Even if Talib is not likely to play, Jets coach Rex Ryan is apparently a big fan.

"He does have that kind of ability, that lock-down ability," Ryan said. "Very physical, that's what I like about him. He gets his hands on you at the line of scrimmage. This past week he did a tremendous job on Graham. I don't think I've ever seen anybody slow that kid down and he didn't slow him down, he shut him out. That'll tell you about him. ... He's really a tremendous player and we've known that for a long time. He got two picks against us last time we played him."

At this point, it sounds like Talib won't get the chance to repeat that performance.

In other Patriots injury news, tight end Rob Gronkowski is questionable to play (but boy, does he have a T-shirt to sell you), receiver Julian Edelman (thigh) is questionable and receiver Danny Amendola (concussion, groin) is out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
On the one hand I feel bad for him.
With the other hand I'd like to bitch-slap him in his Patriot grill.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Danny boy would be so great if he could remain healthy, such a shame.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
The weird thing is its always something different with him. 1 day it's his leg 1 day it's his shoulder 1 day it's a concussion I've never seen anything like this honestly

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
He's played in 45 game and scored 7 TDs. You can only count on the guy for 2 TDs a season. He has 0 so far this year.

jap

Legend
BuiltRamTough said:
The weird thing is its always something different with him. 1 day it's his leg 1 day it's his shoulder 1 day it's a concussion I've never seen anything like this honestly

Danny simply does not have a pro football body. That's why other & myself were advocating that the Rams let him go rather than sign him to some crazy megabuck FA deal. He spends more time on the trainer's table than he does on the field.

had

Rookie
jap said:
Danny simply does not have a pro football body.

I believe he's bigger than Wes Welker, yes? I don't think you can say a guy has a 'pro football body'. It's how the body reacts to violence. Some guys get hurt more easily. I don't think it's about the body/size/type.

RamsNation

Rookie
Af this point this shouldn't surprise anybody,especially not us Rams fans.We have come to expect this from DA,but I agree it is a shame he has such talent but the guy is just made of glass.He plays real tough and gives it 150% every play,some say that might be why he gets hurt he plays every play like it's his last.I rather him play like this even if it leads to injuries than to take plays off and not give it his all just to avoid the dangers of the game.Hes got heart you can't take that away from him,reckless,but heart lol.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
max said:
He's played in 45 game and scored 7 TDs. You can only count on the guy for 2 TDs a season. He has 0 so far this year.
I truly expected DanA to play moe than he has but was puzzled that BB didn't see how much more durable Welker is

Something tells me part of the Patriot Way involves a player being more loyal to the team than the team is to them

jap

Legend
had said:
jap said:
Danny simply does not have a pro football body.

I believe he's bigger than Wes Welker, yes? I don't think you can say a guy has a 'pro football body'. It's how the body reacts to violence. Some guys get hurt more easily. I don't think it's about the body/size/type.

My statement had nothing to do with his body size. It had everything to do with his body's robustness under the stresses imposed on by the pro football grind. Some players
simply do not hold up under those conditions no matter how good they are.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What's amazing is the Patriots can be so wrong going with Amendola over Welker and still keep winning football games. At this point with Steven Jackson & Amendola not seeing the field the Rams made the right decisions regarding these two.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
den-the-coach said:
What's amazing is the Patriots can be so wrong going with Amendola over Welker and still keep winning football games. At this point with Steven Jackson & Amendola not seeing the field the Rams made the right decisions regarding these two.

I guess that's true, but wouldn't you rather they were tearing the league up and earning us draft choices.