Amendola Out? Quick In...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I want to see more of this Brian Quick character, he seems like a ghost right now, but I think Fisher has something up his sleeves...If we can replace an Amendola with a Quick we might see some interesting football here...

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think you will see more of Quick and Givens...but don't be surprised if you also see Steve Smith make his presence felt in the slot.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sum1BTRthnU said:
I think you will see more of Quick and Givens...but don't be surprised if you also see Steve Smith make his presence felt in the slot.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well. I initially thought Pettis would step up in place of Amendola, but Smith might be the more obvious choice there.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I'm afraid no matter how you slice it, neither the offense nor Bradford will find any replacement for Amendola satisfactory. There's just something about him, his spirit, drive, dedication and performance that defies description. We've already have seen the results upon Bradford and the offense over the past two years when Amendola's not on the field. Oh, I believe we can plug and play, but it won't be the same as I suspect this offense will be the poorer for his loss.

My hope is that he can return in 7 or 8 weeks, if not, this burgeoning offense is in for some tough afternoon's ahead. As for Bradford without his "banky".....well I shudder to imagine. :sick:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ramsince62 said:
I'm afraid no matter how you slice it, neither the offense nor Bradford will find any replacement for Amendola satisfactory. There's just something about him, his spirit, drive, dedication and performance that defies description. We've already have seen the results upon Bradford and the offense over the past two years when Amendola's not on the field. Oh, I believe we can plug and play, but it won't be the same as I suspect this offense will be the poorer for his loss.

My hope is that he can return in 7 or 8 weeks, if not, this burgeoning offense is in for some tough afternoon's ahead. As for Bradford without his "banky".....well I shudder to imagine. :sick:
Gloomy, but it has an element of truth. Amendola is the only (ONLY) receiver on this team who consistently fights for the ball and sacrifices his body on every potential reception. He just flat out doesn't care about anything other than coming down with the ball. Whoever steps up has to be exactly like that. Pettis, IMO, is the only guy I've seen (with the exception of Salas) who fights for the ball.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
KEEP your eyes trained on GIVENS he will be Amendola's replacement. You heard it here first. :twisted:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I was at the game and as soon as Danny went out, there was at leat 6-7 plays (maybe more) that Quick was in. He was the target on the Bradford interception as well. Smith, Pettis, Givens and Quick will have to step up big.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Yup, you got me there X, definitely gloomy. Anyway, you stated Amendola's case very well. I wish that I had taken your approach in pointing out the qualities that makes Amendola special, but I was too "gloomy" at the moment (pun intended). :sly: Guess I've just gotten tired of the injuries that seem to happen to key players-starters seemingly all too often the past few years. Although, I must admit this year has been better except along the "O" line and now Amendola once again.

He just flat out doesn't care about anything other than coming down with the ball. Whoever steps up has to be exactly like that.
That's the rub though, isn't it? No-one does it quite like him. But like folks are saying, "someone or more than one" will have to step up and that's to be expected....problem is, if history is any indication, Bradford doesn't trust anyone quite like Amendola and IMO, for some valid reasons. :bummed:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not a good way to get it but I'm guessing we see a lot more of Quick now as well. If Bradford had any time at all on that play, we might have seen a totally different outcome. I really don't think Sam throws that inside if he doesn't have two Cards all over him and hitting him while he throws.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Amendola is our best receiver right now, and understandably Bradford will miss him. Having said that, it's past time for Bradford to work some chemistry with the other receivers. Time to burn his banky.

Wouldn't it be so much better, by the time 'Dola returns, if Bradford can pass to any of his receivers in crunch time? Forget teams trying to take Bradford's banky away, he'll just throw somewhere else.

Obviously, that also falls on the receivers to play better and earn Bradford's trust. And yet I can't help but think Bradford looks to Danny far too much. Since the Washington game, teams notice where he lines up. I'd like to see the ball spread around more.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
Amendola is our best receiver right now, and understandably Bradford will miss him. Having said that, it's past time for Bradford to work some chemistry with the other receivers. Time to burn his banky.

Wouldn't it be so much better, by the time 'Dola returns, if Bradford can pass to any of his receivers in crunch time? Forget teams trying to take Bradford's banky away, he'll just throw somewhere else.

Obviously, that also falls on the receivers to play better and earn Bradford's trust. And yet I can't help but think Bradford looks to Danny far too much. Since the Washington game, teams notice where he lines up. I'd like to see the ball spread around more.
lol. My mind darts all over the place. The only thing I could think of while reading that ... was this.

[flv]http://vid682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/ccamuseme72/MrMomWoobie.mp4[/flv]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Is that from Mr. Mom? I always had a thing for Terri Garr.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:

You are right sir. And when you're right you're right. And you? You're always right.

Seriously though - good points. Nothing like a good silver lining - especially when it makes a lot of sense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Is that from Mr. Mom? I always had a thing for Terri Garr.
Yes.

And who didn't? :nau:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:

You are right sir. And when you're right you're right. And you? You're always right.

Seriously though - good points. Nothing like a good silver lining - especially when it makes a lot of sense.
If that were true I'd have won a lottery jackpot by now.

It's not that I'm right, but that I'm more right. :mrgreen:

How many of you remember Teri Garr's one episode appearance in TOS Star Trek? She had me then.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:

If that were true I'd have won a lottery jackpot by now.

It's not that I'm right, but that I'm more right. :mrgreen:

How many of you remember Teri Garr's one episode appearance in TOS Star Trek? She had me then.

I'd still roll in the hay with her today.

Speeps

Starter
I honestly believe Steve Smith will be the guy. I speculate he's been on inactive because of Danny's play, and his inability to be effective outside.