Amendola out 2 to 6 weeks.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Graphicker said:
we're getting nothing.. We signed Cook and Long for mega money... Much more than Amendola, Gibson and Jax got.

And, I am thinking Cook and Long will prove to be well worth their contracts! Two GREAT signings!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jjab360 said:
I think I heard someone say he converted 8 third downs on 10 recpetions for the Pats or something like that. He's gonna be great for the Pats if he can get healthy.

And there lies the rub.

Very good player.

Just can't stay healthy. The data is piling up... I don't think that changes.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:
jjab360 said:
I think I heard someone say he converted 8 third downs on 10 recpetions for the Pats or something like that. He's gonna be great for the Pats if he can get healthy.

And there lies the rub.

Very good player.

Just can't stay healthy. The data is piling up... I don't think that changes.
I guess there comes a time when even someone who loves DA has to admit he's just a bad injury risk.
I KNEW he wouldn't hold up for the number of catches Wes Welker has gotten but I did think he could make 100.
The Pats screwed the pooch letting WW go and Manning is smiling.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah I don't fault him for going after the money. It's not like he didn't also realize he is one hit away at any given time. I just wish it hadn't been to the patsies. I gotta admit. That stung a bit. I always liked DA. Now he's dead to me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is all on Bill Belichick Amendola is younger & faster than Welker and IMO Belichick blames Welker for some crucial drops in post season. However, Tom Brady is 36 and the window is closing they should've brought the more durable Welker back for Brady's sake.

On paper it looked like a good move, but Amendola is a paper tiger in some ways. Yes he produces, however, is always battling some sort of ailment. Sad part is I drafted Amendola on my fantasy team, but regardless of that, it's nice to see the Rams get things right & other teams not because it has not been that way for a very long time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well... the Patriots did protect themselves as best they could on this deal. If he can't stay healthy they can get out after 2-years. But; $10 million is gauranteed in the first 2-years.

Danny Amendola‘s history of full health (or lack thereof) has been widely documented since the wide receiver signed with the Patriots on Wednesday. And don’t worry, the Patriots were well aware of his lengthy time spent off the field due to injury.

That’s why a good chunk of the contract handed out to Amendola depends on the former Ram’s health, according to Howard Balzer of the Sports Xchange. Amendola’s base contract is for five years and $28.5 million. He also gets a per-game roster bonus of $31,250 for every game he stays healthy. That would amount to $500,000 per season and $2.5 million total.

Amendola has played just 12 games in the last two seasons. The wide out’s contract includes a $6 million signing bonus, plus $4 million in guaranteed money, which includes his entire $2 million 2013 salary and $2 million of his $3 million 2014 salary. His base salaries are $4 million, $5 million and $6 million for 2015, 2016 and 2017 respectively.

Since Amendola’s deal only guaranteed $10 million without the per-game bonuses, his contract is nearly identical to Wes Welker’s two-year, $10 million offer.

Read more at: <a class="postlink" href="http://nesn.com/2013/03/report-danny-amendolas-five-year-31-million-contract-depends-on-wide-receiver-staying-healthy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nesn.com/2013/03/report-danny-am ... g-healthy/</a>

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
den-the-coach said:
This is all on Bill Belichick Amendola is younger & faster than Welker and IMO Belichick blames Welker for some crucial drops in post season. However, Tom Brady is 36 and the window is closing they should've brought the more durable Welker back for Brady's sake.

On paper it looked like a good move, but Amendola is a paper tiger in some ways. Yes he produces, however, is always battling some sort of ailment. Sad part is I drafted Amendola on my fantasy team, but regardless of that, it's nice to see the Rams get things right & other teams not because it has not been that way for a very long time.

Belichick appears to have a blind spot when it comes to WRs, especially when it comes to drafting them. He did strike gold with the Welker trade and the Moss trade was more of a known quantity great player who just needed the right environment. I don't give BB that much credit for Moss it was a no risk move.

I just don't believe BB is good at evaluating WRs and he certainly doesn't value them very much. He has shown that he thinks they are a dime a dozen. But this time he has taken it too far and it appears to have burned him. But we'll see. If their passing game miraculously comes to life then BB will have he last laugh. I don't see it though.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
max said:
den-the-coach said:

Belichick appears to have a blind spot when it comes to WRs, especially when it comes to drafting them. He did strike gold with the Welker trade and the Moss trade was more of a known quantity great player who just needed the right environment. I don't give BB that much credit for Moss it was a no risk move.

I just don't believe BB is good at evaluating WRs and he certainly doesn't value them very much. He has shown that he thinks they are a dime a dozen. But this time he has taken it too far and it appears to have burned him. But we'll see. If their passing game miraculously comes to life then BB will have he last laugh. I don't see it though.
See I perceive Beliceck differently,from all I've seen Welker and Amendola's contracts were very similar ,I just think Welkers decision to test the market was in BB's mind a lack of loyalty.
I think he's a guy who thinks of people as part of something other than just a team and gets sideways when they don't go along with the patriarchs plans.
It's OK if you defect TO the Patriots, but when you leave or even act like you want to leave IMO he takes it personally.
He let Lawyer Malloy walk when he was at the very top of his game and IMO it was as much about the desire to be in complete control down to the last detail.
I THINK the personality of the diva wr just grates on his last nerve and it's difficult for him to deal with them.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thordaddy said:
max said:

See I perceive Beliceck differently,from all I've seen Welker and Amendola's contracts were very similar ,I just think Welkers decision to test the market was in BB's mind a lack of loyalty.
I think he's a guy who thinks of people as part of something other than just a team and gets sideways when they don't go along with the patriarchs plans.
It's OK if you defect TO the Patriots, but when you leave or even act like you want to leave IMO he takes it personally.
He let Lawyer Malloy walk when he was at the very top of his game and IMO it was as much about the desire to be in complete control down to the last detail.
I THINK the personality of the diva wr just grates on his last nerve and it's difficult for him to deal with them.

Great points Gentlemen, however, IMO I feel that Belichick wanted to go in another direction because of the key drops and his target was Amendola all along. They kept Welker hanging & forced his hand, it's not like he received a great deal from the Broncos. However, Belichick underestimated the chemistry between Brady & Welker as well as the durablity of Amendola.