Amendola Fighting For A Roster Spot?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know why the assumption is that Amendola means everyone else doesn't get snaps. If Amendola is getting all these snaps and targets, it means he earned them. Which means it was a smart idea to sign him. Otherwise, if Quick, Givens, Bailey, etc. progress and play well...Amendola, like any of the others, will be rotating in with those guys. Which will probably keep him healthy and only make us better. Because it give us additional depth.

I don't see why people would be so opposed for the veteran minimum. Worst case scenario? He gets hurt. Oh well, you're paying him what guys like Kellen Clemens get paid. Best case scenario? Quick, Givens and Bailey progress significantly and Amendola only plays a few snaps per game but gives us one hell of a #5/#6 WR as well as a good backup punt returner in case Tavon gets hurt.(so we don't have to sign a guy like Veltung again)

I just see it as a win-win.

A55VA6

Legend
How is he overrated? He led the NFL in all purpose yards in either 2009 or 2010. His health's an issue, but he is still a solid WR.
He's a great player don't get me wrong, but I don't think he's an elite WR like some people try to make him out to be.

If he didn't have problems staying healthy I'd love for him to be a Ram. But he's always injured, and him getting injured screws up the offense.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Keep lookin forward, Dan was great but when and it IS when he get's hurt then WHO he cost us becomes relevant .This is a team built for a future near and not so near,the decision on Dan has been made ,move on is my thought,rehashing it is JUST rehashing it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a great player don't get me wrong, but I don't think he's an elite WR like some people try to make him out to be.

If he didn't have problems staying healthy I'd love for him to be a Ram. But he's always injured, and him getting injured screws up the offense.

Who believes he's an elite WR?

Also, how does it screw up the offense? If his absence screws up the offense, wouldn't not signing him screw up the offense? I don't get it. I get an argument that him taking up a roster spot and inevitably getting hurt costs us someone that might be more productive in that roster spot. I get that. But I don't get how Amendola getting hurt screws up the offense. It would just put the offense in the same position as it would be in if Amendola were not signed in the first place imo.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Apples
apples and oranges we don't have a whole line of promising young linemen we'd have to cut one to give him a roster spot

iced

i'd take amendola at the vet minimum easily...he's an upgrade over pettis, givens, and quick as of right now

moklerman

Warner-phile

it all worked out well. danny a went to the patriots, meaning the rams went after and got austin, the patriots let go of welker, danny was injured as usual, the patriots made themselves weaker, danny dropped the only pass thrown his way in the afc championship game on 3rd down, patriots lost, rams have austin for the forseeable future, danny made his money, patriots still haven't won anything since caught cheating.

couldn't have worked out better.
Was reading something by Bill Cowher the other day and he said that everyone tries to steal signs in the NFL. Said it wasn't a big deal and that he had guys on his staff trying to do it. I think he said he didn't go so far as to use cameras but his point was that it wasn't a big deal that the Patriots got caught stealing signs. Said the problem was that they were told to stop doing something by the league and they kept on doing it.

I wonder if that's a coincidence or if it's why the magically timed calls and fortuitous officiating hasn't bailed them out when needed?

I guess I'm too much of a conspiracy fan because I STILL can't believe the Eli to Tyree play in the Super Bowl was allowed to happen. Eli could have been called in the grasp and the catch could have been ruled incomplete and I think it would have if it was 1999-2003.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Was reading something by Bill Cowher the other day and he said that everyone tries to steal signs in the NFL. Said it wasn't a big deal and that he had guys on his staff trying to do it. I think he said he didn't go so far as to use cameras but his point was that it wasn't a big deal that the Patriots got caught stealing signs. Said the problem was that they were told to stop doing something by the league and they kept on doing it.

I wonder if that's a coincidence or if it's why the magically timed calls and fortuitous officiating hasn't bailed them out when needed?

I guess I'm too much of a conspiracy fan because I STILL can't believe the Eli to Tyree play in the Super Bowl was allowed to happen. Eli could have been called in the grasp and the catch could have been ruled incomplete and I think it would have if it was 1999-2003.

I'm not a fan of conspiracies. It's just specious reasoning, IMO.

…..

Legend
We really dont need Amendola on the team anymore. Mayyyyybe as a KR, since we still havent seemed to find one of those.

We have Tavon Austin, who can do the things (return punts, catch 2 yard bombs) that we would get from Amendola's skill set.

As a WR...NO THANKS. He would combine with Tavon and Pettis to create the lowest YPC in the history of all mankind. We need to extend our offense out past the 3 yards that Amendola always got on 3rd and 5

I love Amendola's spirit for the game, love to watch him play....but I always said he reminded me of Wayne Chrebet....and now I get a feeling Chrebet may end up with the better career.