Am I the only one........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As far as I'm concerned, they're going 19-0 until it isn't possible. I'm extremely excited for this team to play.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think preseason will tell us alot
Ones vs Ones
If the offense can move vs a good #1 defense, we're in business

BeefJurky

Rookie
I can't think of a single spot we are worse at. Everywhere we lost someone, we replaced with someone better or at least equal. That includes coaches.

If Goff and company can look even mediocre/half decent next year (say, like, idk, 2016 Miami or Philly) and our defense can stay par or maybe even improve with Wade, we would be a team NOT to be taken lightly.

Then again, all new coaches and schemes on both sides of the ball and massive roster turnover could take some growing pains. Either way I'm so excited for football, it can't get here soon enough.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Absolutely, I think a 10 win season is attainable.

I think many are underestimating the level of improvement the D will make under Wade Philips.

When he want to Houston, they had less talent overall and he turned that D from the number 30 in the league to the #2 overall D.

Here, he's starting out with more talent AND he still has that superstar in Aaron Donald.

I'd be disappointed if our D wasn't legit top 5. Philip's scheme is about playing fast and executing. A lot fewer exotic blitzes, for example. And he focuses on teaching his fundamental technique so that the players focus on playing fast and executing at a VERY high level.

I think the offense will take a little bit, but I don't see the kinds of growing pains we had with the Schotty install and the subsequent MacGyver'ing that happened with Cignetti and Boras.

The whole point of this offense is that it has answers and as long as the QB is processing, he should have on most plays a way to beat the defense. Moreover, you can bet body parts that Kroemer will have the OL scheme worked out so that Rogers is clearing out holes and Gurley can be the downhill one-cut runner that makes him so danged dangerous.

We might win some low scoring games early, but, again, I would be shocked if we were in high scoring games, even from the first game of the season.

This season is shaping up like that moment in Bruce Almighty when he moves all the cars out of the way.

i210132.jpg

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I read a great article a couple years ago about the expected records of NFL teams. It specifically addressed playoff chances, but basically the record you are talking about is a wild card team most years.

The point of the whole article is that when you look back at the preseason outlook in a typical year for each conference usually at least one team comes out of nowhere. These aren't the 8-8 teams, they are usually teams that under-performed the previous year and got a 4 seed or a weak 3 seed schedule. I'm not saying it will definitely be the Rams, but it certainly could be.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
As much as I would love to think about a WINNING season and even the playoffs, I'd be setting myself up for disappointment (again) if I did. With the youth and lack of cohesion and continuity, I think it will be hard to put it all together. Need to give these guys a few years to gel and build up to things.

The team will win some games they shouldn't just as they're going to probably lose some games they should win. Such is life in the NFL as a young coach/team.

I'm just happy for the new regime and new culture being built.
We got rid of some of the dead weight Fisher leftovers... and now it's time to see the guys grow and develop.
Expectations : tempered.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't expect more than 8 wins. I actually th I k it will be less. An entirely new system that is more complex than anything these offensive players have dealt with in the past. They have been playing checkers and this year it will be chess.
A shift in defense is another reason for skepticism. Too many new players, and a few questions with some old players. This transition isn't likely to be smooth for everyone.

I believe in this coaching staff and their ability to teach and coach, but I think their will be a lot of growing pains this year. Unless they get incredibly lucky there will be some pieces that don't fit and needs that arise.

Year two they will start to surprise. Year three it's in full swing.

RAMBUSH

Starter
...... That thinks we could be as good as 9-7 or even 10-6?

I think the turnover on this team is so massive, on both sides of the desk, that that whole mess of 2016 could do an immediate 180.
Probably you are. I am thinking 12-4 .... woot woot .... Go Rams....

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm wit Zodi.

Can the Rams go 12-4? I certainly think so.

Can the Rams go 4-12? I certainly thinks so.

Pretty hard to put together a winning season with so many changes and new faces. Rams will be lucky to have a winning season.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I never get into predicting records. Anything can happen.

I am excited about the changes though.

Regardless of our record... I'm just going to be so thankful that I will no longer have to suffer through watching that middle school offense ever again.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
On board with most. Not predicting anything extravagant as far as winning goes, but I am not going to put us less than last season. Don't think it could be that bad, but I am thankful and content with the changes and looking forward to it.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I think so.

We don't know what our offensive players are capable of, they haven't had any coaching the past several years.

I actually worry more about our D switching to 3-4 than I do the offense coming to life. The O had blatant and glaring planning and coaching problems, I have confidence that can be brought up to speed in short manner. Our D was descent as a 4-3 with a pretty good coach. I hope they can at least get back to that level with the 3-4

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sky's the limit! And any Rams fan should know that! What was our record the year before we won the Super Bowl??????? Remember???? Yeah, it's exactly that possible!!!!!!!! And yes, it's wise to temper expectations when it comes to our Rams but don't poo poo on the parade before you hear the band play and catch the candy!!!!!!! I'm all in as usual this time of year!!!!!:coach::lifting::boxing::cheers:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've been watching Rams football since the late 50's, and I can't remember a season that was harder to watch than last season.