Am I the only one........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
...... That thinks we could be as good as 9-7 or even 10-6?

I think the turnover on this team is so massive, on both sides of the desk, that that whole mess of 2016 could do an immediate 180.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Being as hard on the Rams as I can be, and trying as hard as I can not to be a 'Homer', I can see the Rams going 11-5 No-ProblemO!!(y) And it's Playoff Time!! or should I say .. :party::banana::rockon::cheers::snicker::shades:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Your not the only one. I think the D takes another step forward under Phillips and I think the offense could be in the middle of the pack just with better scheme and play calling. It would not shock me at all if this team one 10 or 11 games because that is where my expectations are.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I believe it every year. Team's surge/flip like that all the time.

Besides; we're overdue :sneaky:

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be surprised if we go 12-4 or 4-12. There are just so many question marks and unknowns with this team. Goff? Gurley? Our young receiving corps? Offensive line? McVay? Phillips' new defense? Corners? Linebackers?

I just want us to play exciting, competitive and disciplined football.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I believe 9 - 7 or 10 - 6 is attainable, but because we are such a young team i'm not going to hold my breath. Between youthful mistakes and our past history of injury, It's just too hard to dismiss. jmo.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

I think the turnover on this team is so massive, on both sides of the desk, that that whole mess of 2016 could do an immediate 180.

Yes
100%

If this team shows up and competes we have the talent to win this division - SF sucks, I think AZ is busted, and we can compete with Seattle.

This will be a good year to show up strong.

Everyone is counting us out. Excellent. I'm tired of being consideres up-and-coming only to flop flat on our faces

I think this upcoming year we may actually be a consistent and powerdul ground and pound team the kind of which we were promised but never divered over the past 5 years. McVay will be conservative but in a good way.

10-6

Here is the mystery McVay Math :LOL:

* Andrew Whitworth & Kromer- 2 games

* Sam Rogers blocking for Gurley - 1 game

* Cooper Kupp moving the sticks - 1 game

* A well-protected Jared Goff - 4 games

* Wade - 1 game

* Our TE's, Higbee, Hemmingway, Everett - 1 game

A55VA6

Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if we go 12-4 or 4-12. There are just so many question marks and unknowns with this team. Goff? Gurley? Our young receiving corps? Offensive line? McVay? Phillips' new defense? Corners? Linebackers?

My thoughts exactly. 2017 could be horrible, or could be amazing. Lots of unknowns.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anything is possible in football. Wade's track record shows that the defense should still be reasonably good this year. The question is if McVay, Goff, and Gurley can get the offense into the average territory. There's potential for that if Kromer can get the OL to live up to potential and some of our young WRs/TEs step up. But we need a lot of things to go right on offense. That hasn't happened in a long time for us. I hope it will finally happen this year. We're more than due.

fearsomefour

Legend
I refuse to get up for a Ram team anymore.
I will just be interested to see some specific things....how the transition to Wade's D happens....do the O line and Goff improve....is Quinn basically done as a difference maker pass rusher?.....I will be watching the micro story lines with in the macro one.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This isn't the Linehan Rams.
This isn't the Spags Rams.
This isn't the Fisher Rams.

This is the McVay/Phillips Rams! Wade alone will bring us many wins. The offense will at the worst be high teens-low twenties this year. I see 7-9 to 10-6. :cheers:

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really think that we will be a second place team in division. SF did not do enough to improve greatly, Arizona has blown their chance and Seattle will be 3 wins to the plus of us. Lefeur is an awesome QB coach and he will, along with McVey create another Joe Montana out of Goff.

Please dear God, one more Super Bowl win before I meet my maker.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
No im actually expecting it...our defense has always been average to above average with Fisher/Williams. With Phillips onboard im expecting our defense to be even better and now it seems that we finally have a component offensive staff that has addressed our o lone and added some weapons. Im expecting 8-8 atleast.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Lefeur is an awesome QB coach and he will, along with McVey create another Joe Montana out of Goff.
Don't forget about Olson who Carr praised to high heaven about as well. They make a great trio to get the Goff train rollin hard!! Instead of 3 coaches with 1 year of offensive/QB experience we now have 20+ years guiding Goff. I am expecting night and day type development. I haven't been this excited about a new regime in over a decade.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
The learning curve is my biggest concern. I know it's not insurmountable, but it makes me nervous. I know Fish was able to scrape together 7 wins his first year, but he brought in the likes of Finnegan, Dunbar and Hayes that knew the defensive system.

It does look like we drafted intelligent football-savvy leaders, so there's hope that it won't be too tough. I'm kinda all over the map with what I think happens this year.

I think Vegas has us at 4.5 wins? I'd take the over anyway.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So what are you saying, Zodi!?
~Fish

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1517842_orig.gif