Am I the only one?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
How the heck did we trade the best QB we've had since Warner?

Because Bradford seems cursed and relying on a guy with an ACL far weaker now means we risk another losing season if he tweaks it again. A broken collar bone is nothing like an ACL.

If our OL isn't much better, I don't see him lasting long either.

Addition by subtraction. Wells and Long were the worst of the worst. Anything is better. And they won't leave FA without two lineman signed imo.

Also, why are we spending so much money on the likes of Fairley, Britt, Ayers?

Britt earned his re-signing my mentoring Quick. Can't be understated how much of a teacher it appears Britt is in helping our young WRs mature into better WRs. If we draft a guy, we have an actual Vet who knows what the fuck he's doing. Fairley? Just replacing Langford with superior talent that leaves you options between keeping Brockers or Fairley. No risk, one year deal. Ayers? That's easy if you know our LB depth.

We've had a great offseason and the draft isn't close to being here yet.

Until Wis/Blalock/Barks fall off the board to another team, it isn't over yet.

jjab360

Legend
I love this offseason so far. That Bradford trade solved a lot of our problems in one fell swoop. Fairley could be a huge get for us looking back, Ayers is a chess piece who's familiar with this defense, bringing Britt back was an absolute must, and I like our chances of getting at least 2 of Blalock, Barks, and Wis. Most likely we head into the draft with only 1 hole on the OL and get a really talented player in the 1st or 2nd, so I'm not worried about that.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Doesn't matter how you feel about Bradford that deal had to be done. They pay sam and he gets injured again or underperforms and angry isn't stong enough to describe your fanbase. They aren't stupid-the lines going to get fixed. Probably wont be the way we all think it is but it will get fixed. Fans assessments of fa players and contracts are different than the coaches and fo. Unless they're top tier guys they are kind of a commodity-just a matter of being a good broker.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
It's March, so it's still very early in the the process; FA and the draft is not over------we still have time to address the ol. I want ol more than any other position------I wanted GRob last year over Watkins, because I feel we need a GREAT o-line to do what we want to do. Let's calm down, trust in Snisher------they know more than us that we need the ol fixed; I'm impatient as well, but I believe they do have a plan. For all I know, they could be targeting two ol in they draft; they can get who they want a 10 and the trade back into the 1st round using a combination of this years' 2 and next years' 1 and or 2's. The trade of Bradford imho tells me they're ALL IN this year. The key to the line is the center position------either we go young/inexperienced, get Wis, or trade, I do not know what they're going to do, but one of those things will happen. Jones/Rhaney, I haven't seen enough, but Snisher has, they may feel a lot more confident and have reason to than I do. I don't like Barks' pass pro, but he's fine in the run game-----we can still re-sign him. I want a great ol but I know we're not done yet and there's still more than enough time left to do it.
Sorry for the length of this post!!!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I like the QB trade, even though I am a Bradford fan.

Ayers is a good signing.

Fairley to me is as much a bust prospect as he is a potential big get. Talented but lazy and frankly sometimes just fat.

Being optimistic that we will field a good oline is not something I'm going to be this year. 10 years of hoping every offseason that our oline is on par with the rest of the league is enough. I'll just expect our new QB to get beat up and expect the RB to find no holes until I see otherwise.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I am a Bradford fan, but this trade had to be done. First, what if he went down again and was lost for the season or a good portion of the season? Secondly, if he did last the season and put up great numbers he would then be looking to break the bank. What would you suggest the Rams do? Pay him a shitload of money with a good possibility that he could get hurt again down the road? Or do you let him walk in free agency without getting NOTHING in return? That would have been a shitty position to be in. Not only did we unload that huge contract, but we got a pretty good QB in return along with a 2nd and 4th rounder. If Foles performs like many of us expect he will we will have a good, young QB to lean on in the future.

I'm loving this offseason so far, and I am more than confident that the offensive line will get fixed. It's not like we are heading into training camp next week. No, the offensive line will not consist of 3 rookies. There is so much time between now and training camp. Relax

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is the best Rams offseason for so long it's crazy. You's have to go back to just before 1999, and maybe you could say 2000 when they ended up with 3 first rounders. There was a TON of hope then remember? This offseason has been remarkable and I can't see how any fan doesn't have faith in the FO to flat out get shit done.

Which leads me to this

@Selassie I I have faith they will address the OL too. It's going to happen, these guys are no dummies.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm not that negative. I've been on this forum for a while, and most people could attest to that. I love the Rams, and I have, up to this offseason, loved what Fisher/Snead did to build the team and organization. They have produced an impressive collection of young talent. Eventually this team will emerge and become a force to reckon with.

But, I'm not happy at all this offseason. I don't agree with a single move that they've made besides resigning Kendricks, and even that was to too much money. How the heck did we trade the best QB we've had since Warner? Did we do it because he's injured? Well so was Foles. If our OL isn't much better, I don't see him lasting long either. Also, why are we spending so much money on the likes of Fairley, Britt, Ayers? Wouldn't you rather have Langford for 1 million more? I know I would.

Don't we need offensive lineman? We have two starters. That's it. That's all we got. We are now forced to take OL every round of the draft, in a draft that has a ton of WR talent, which we're now going to miss out on. If that's the case we start 3 rookie OL. Good luck to Foles not getting killed.

I know the offseason isn't over yet. I know that there's a couple of average OL guys left on the market, but our cap space, will eventually run dry, if we keep spending it on headaches like Fairley and Britt, and not on OL which can actually help this team
You definitely aren't a negative member, but that doesn't mean that we all have the same ideas.

I liked Bradford every bit as much as most on here. Most of us defended him relentlessly on other boards over his tenure.
However, even if Sam stayed healthy this next season, we would still have been in a tough spot. After next year Sam will be a FA. Then we are in a position where is is looking at a large, long term deal. It's just not something that I would be comfortable with. I have serious do u to that Sam can stay healthy over an extended amount of time. His lack of ability to stay on the field has hurt this team immensely. All of the wishing and wanting has no bearing on the outcome.

As far as the oline.
I'm not worried at all. We still have time to get it worked out.
There will be more players available between now and after the draft. People will be trying to move decent players.
We also still have the draft.

Fisher and Snead have been fairly deliberate with the way they do business. They know throwing money at a problem puts the team in a worse situation.
They have done a great job building a tough competitive team.

I'm not worried at all.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
If we have two starters on an OL, then we're pretty much forced to draft OL in every single round. There's no other way around it.

I'm not so sure it's the only way
Teams will continue to cut players after the draft - hopefully there will be some decent players available

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In terms of the OL, Snisher may not be as down on it as the rest of us. Specifically, while they would like to upgrade C at the right price, it wouldn't shock me if they felt Jones or Rhaney would be able to do a good job there (Jones with a hopefully healthy offseason to build up his strength). If they can sign one of several guards they are looking at, and either sign a tackle to start or one for depth and draft someone to hopefully start, they should be fine in this scenario. If they can get a center they really like at a good price too, so much the better.

But free agency has been going on for just a few days - and more cuts are to come, after all.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Echoing the same sentiments as many already, I liked the trade.
You get rid of a 13 mil hit for a 1.5 mil hit= win
You trade one player for an equal player plus a 2nd rounder = win
You have two qbs who are both on the last year of their deals. Who's contract is going to be larger most likely?= win

As for the other moves...
Fairely vs Langford= save 1 mil but you also push off another year of Brockers, Jenkins, Tru etc to see if you want to 're up with those guys. That mil might come in handy or most likely we find out who we want to shake loose. We get Fairely on a prove it deal so you know he's going to ball out= win
Kendrick= contract wasn't outrageous, solid contributor and a key cog in our two TE sets=win
Britt, incentive laden two year deal with only 4 mil guaranteed=win, scratch that=steal
Ayers, fast to the ball blitzing LB that knows the system=win

What's not to like?

FRO

Legend
I know some are saying have faith in Snead and Fisher to fix the offensive line, but the line has been a major issue since they took the job in 2012. It really hasn't improved talent wise much at all. The pieces we have in Robinson and Saffold are great, but we need more than two guys. I'm really concerned about the line. I fully understand that we have a ton of offseason to go. I just want this line fixed once and for all. It's been one of the worst in the league for about 10 years running.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I know some are saying have faith in Snead and Fisher to fix the offensive line, but the line has been a major issue since they took the job in 2012. It really hasn't improved talent wise much at all. The pieces we have in Robinson and Saffold are great, but we need more than two guys. I'm really concerned about the line. I fully understand that we have a ton of offseason to go. I just want this line fixed once and for all. It's been one of the worst in the league for about 10 years running.
You might have to wait on the draft.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Are you the only one?
Are you the loneliest creature in the universe?

Suppose You're not the loneliest of creatures
Then tell me who this wretched soul might be?

But I can't believe my despair could be much deeper
When I'm as lonely as a man can be
For I Am A Ram's Fan! The loneliest of all creatures!

If ewe're look for a Mercurial, Queen Epic Opera to express ewe'r lonely Ram emotions?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbrY4J9Rpeo

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I think calling Sam the "best QB since Warner" is false and a flat out insult to Bulger.

Bradford never touched Bulger's production. Bulger's best year vs Sam's... No comparison.

Yeah yeah yeah... O-line, receivers, etc. It's still true though.

The guy has potential. He flashed some that potential. But he never put it together consistently.

If it was just the consistency that'd be one thing. But it's not. The injuries are just too much to deal with. The shoulder, the ankle, the two major knee injuries... That's a pattern. A disturbing one.

Even if he lights it up next year, that won't deter me. He has had healthy years for us too. But let's see him do it 3-5 year. I don't think that's possible. I don't think he has it in him.

I really like Foles and think a lot of people overlook the fact that he excelled in Reid's system and only took a step back with Chip after the offense went through major change.

Even in that change, his team was still winning games with him under center. That's a good sign.

Get him back in a system that fits and I think he's capable of great things. If not, we have X's favorite backup in Case Keenum. Not to mention two 2nds as ammo to move up in 2016 and take a QB.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think our top 2 targets are Barksdale and Blalock

Barksdale is getting married today, so I'm sure he's focused on that rather than his contract situation. He has time, and it's not everyday you get married.

Blalock is older and this will likely be his last contract, or one of his last for sure, so I'm sure he's taking his time to figure out what's best for him.

So I'm not concerned about those 2. I think we have a plan.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not overly concerned and am actually quite excited about some of the moves.

I was a huge Bradford fan and went all in when we drafted him. He was born on my birthday and the same day as my puppy. I figured it had to be a sign. I even named my Lab after him. So to say you are disappointed in the trade... well get in line buddy. Add to that, I have been openly critical of Foles' play. All that being said, I have to suspect the coaches saw Sam's knee as too big of a risk. Coaches have to take guesses on some of this stuff and assess how their team will be affected. Foles should provide someone that can at minimum, manage an offense.

I too would like to see them actually make some moves in FA and the draft to address the O-line. The one thing I see though when I watch this regime is they don't seem to play the knee jerk game. They also try to bring players along slowly if they are not quite ready to play. My hope is that we have a couple O-linemen that are simply not on the fans' radar because they haven't played meaningful snaps. Jones, for example, may have been just a step behind Wells in both calling the line and understanding assignments or maybe just not quite as healthy as the coaches would like to see. I don't know.

But I have gotten overly excited and overly critical in the past during this time of year. Most of the time I am either wrong or wrong. Areas of the team surprise me and others disappoint me. But above all right now, I see Fish and Snead building a team that I think can win if a few areas improve. I'll just wait and watch and see how it all unfolds.

I know.... boring - right?

Ramatik

Starter
This is the best Rams offseason for so long it's crazy. You's have to go back to just before 1999, and maybe you could say 2000 when they ended up with 3 first rounders. There was a TON of hope then remember? This offseason has been remarkable and I can't see how any fan doesn't have faith in the FO to flat out get crap done.

Which leads me to this

@Selassie I I have faith they will address the OL too. It's going to happen, these guys are no dummies.

I lean towards being positive. I don't like the trade, but I'm not going to bitch about it. I don't like Bradford more than I like the Rams. That is just stupid. But that question, How can any any fan not have faith in the FO to flat out get crap done? Really?

I'm mean, okay, things have been trending up, but where have you been for the last 15 years? I hope... I mean, I really hope that things are going to come together... but to have blind faith that this FO is just going to flat out get crap done? Really?

That would be remarkable!