Am I the only one...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Who really wouldn't be all that upset if the Rams took one of the highly rated QBs (e.g., Bridgewater) with the #13 pick? I understand all of the arguments against that (e.g., using the pick on positions of higher need, etc), but I've already played this scenario out in my head and it makes me kinda happy on some level when it happens. Mainly because the need for insurance has risen exponentially after watching last year play out. Worst case scenario and all.

I've already said everything I can say about Bradford. I feel I'm pretty objective about him, and I do like him a lot. Great accuracy, real good arm, smart, won't lose you a game on his own. All that said, I'm super curious if another *decent* QB could take over and keep the offense from having to be scaled back - or worse - TAKE a step back if Bradford were to get dinged up again.

I'm also curious if another QB could actually be ... better? You'll never know until you're forced to try. Feeley? Nope. Lewis? Nope. Austin? Nope. Clemens? Nope. Hill? I dunno. Probably not. And *if* Hill is just another in a long line of mediocre backup QBs, and Bradford gets (the i word), then 2014 could go straight into the crapper too.

Unless...

A55VA6

Legend
If Manziel is there at 13, yes. But he's the only one.. and at that point we might get a sweet trade offer. I look at Bridgewater as a late 1st round or early 2nd. Rams seem to be interested in guys like Savage and Murray quite a bit, so it's pretty unlikely they pick a QB at 13.

I'm a Bradford fan.. but I wanna see some flashy numbers. I want to see the media talk about him like he's finally becoming a star. He's got all the talent.. it just hasn't really all came out.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I think if the Rams see a QB at 13 that they rate high enough to take there then a team behind them will value that pick enough to give up something sweet in exchange for that QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If it's Bridgewater, I wouldn't be. Bortles is acceptable too. Carr? I'd wait until the second. Manziel? No.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Any sooner than the third round would be a mistake IMO, using a pick in the first half of the first for a backup QB is for teams that are a finished product, a winning season while attractive is not the goal a championship is and we have other needs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Who really wouldn't be all that upset if the Rams took one of the highly rated QBs (e.g., Bridgewater) with the #13 pick? I understand all of the arguments against that (e.g., using the pick on positions of higher need, etc), but I've already played this scenario out in my head and it makes me kinda happy on some level when it happens. Mainly because the need for insurance has risen exponentially after watching last year play out. Worst case scenario and all.

I've already said everything I can say about Bradford. I feel I'm pretty objective about him, and I do like him a lot. Great accuracy, real good arm, smart, won't lose you a game on his own. All that said, I'm super curious if another *decent* QB could take over and keep the offense from having to be scaled back - or worse - TAKE a step back if Bradford were to get dinged up again.

I'm also curious if another QB could actually be ... better? You'll never know until you're forced to try. Feeley? Nope. Lewis? Nope. Austin? Nope. Clemens? Nope. Hill? I dunno. Probably not. And *if* Hill is just another in a long line of mediocre backup QBs, and Bradford gets (the i word), then 2014 could go straight into the crapper too.

Unless...

I think that if any of the "name" QB's drop to 13 it's because everyone pretty much agrees they aren't talented enough to be impactful in the NFL. Especially QB needy teams that are all over the top 10 slots. So I wouldn't waste the pick.

I still think JM could drop out of the first round completely. But I wouldn't give up a second rounder for him myself

Alan

Legend
I like nothing at all about that idea. You'd have to be counting on failure for that to work out. It will have cost us a very valuable piece of our puzzle. This should be a great starter and not, if everything works out well, a clipboard holder.

Count me as extremely unhappy if we did that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Unless...
I wouldn't be against it, if I thought we had a QB rated there. Personally, I don't. I'd be OK with someone in the third, because I think there are a few guys that could be good prospects with a little work. I just don't see the separation between most guys. I like Bortles the best. I'd even be OK in the 2nd if "our guy" is there. Just because of injury concerns. I mean, if Green Bay can do it with Favre as their QB, but I don't see a Rodgers out there.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd pass on 13, though Carr is growing on me, but I'd be more interested in round two if someone like Garopollo fell or Mettenberger in round 3.

FRO

Legend
I just think we can get a better player at 13 than one of the QBs. Dennard is guy who would be a great get at 13.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Sorry X, don't agree with you at all on this one. The Rams have to approach this as if they are all in on Bradford and draft other positions to try and help Bradford and the Rams win now. By drafting a sliding QB at #13, you're essentially wasting the pick. No way does that pick see the field this year. Bradford and Hill aren't likely both going to be knocked out for the season and if the hypothetical QB falls that far in the draft, a mediocre QB crop form the looks of it, the better plan, IMO, is to just draft "him" when you actually need to.

This year's crop of QB's isn't a special opportunity to draft a really good guy so it doesn't benefit the Rams to draft him and sit on him and it doesn't seem to me that the Rams can afford to just burn a 1st round pick. If Bradford gets hurt again and the team decides to move on, then you just draft a guy next year when you have to. In this hypothetical, Bradford and Hill have to both be lost in 2014 and in that case, the Rams are going to be picking toward the top of the 2015 draft. In which case, they would be getting just as good of a potential QB as they would this year. IMO.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Sorry X, don't agree with you at all on this one. The Rams have to approach this as if they are all in on Bradford and draft other positions to try and help Bradford and the Rams win now. By drafting a sliding QB at #13, you're essentially wasting the pick. No way does that pick see the field this year. Bradford and Hill aren't likely both going to be knocked out for the season and if the hypothetical QB falls that far in the draft, a mediocre QB crop form the looks of it, the better plan, IMO, is to just draft "him" when you actually need to.

This year's crop of QB's isn't a special opportunity to draft a really good guy so it doesn't benefit the Rams to draft him and sit on him and it doesn't seem to me that the Rams can afford to just burn a 1st round pick. If Bradford gets hurt again and the team decides to move on, then you just draft a guy next year when you have to. In this hypothetical, Bradford and Hill have to both be lost in 2014 and in that case, the Rams are going to be picking toward the top of the 2015 draft. In which case, they would be getting just as good of a potential QB as they would this year. IMO.
Honestly I like what V3 said a week or more ago is I would be upset if we use a pick higher than 4 on a QB, I could bare a 3rd on a QB if he fell or we were that convinced he would pan out. We still have plenty of value with BPA and position need to be taking a QB and Shaun Hill to back up Bradford and the draft will be full of valuable pick ups and droppers. Unless we pick up extra picks via trades and use those one of those on a QB, I'd be very disgruntled to say the least.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Or how about fix the offensive line and give our QB, whoever that may be, someone to throw the ball to?

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

jjab360

Legend
I don't see a big gap between the QBs that will likely be available at 13 and the QBs that will likely be available in the 2nd/3rd round, so no it doesn't make much sense to me.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
What if I told you that you don't need Peyton Manning at QB to be the best team in the NFL? What if I also told you there isn't a Peyton Manning in this draft anyway?

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
I think we definitely need to draft a QB this year, and it doesn't matter what round we get him. Where they are "slotted" to go doesn't mean anything (Tom Brady in the 6th? Really??). You don't know if a player is going to be impactful in the NFL until he is playing in the NFL. By the way, X, I didn't know you were a eunich(sp.)

GO RAMS!!!!