Am I the only one...?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wonderboy

Rookie
...that thinks that the Long signing makes it a virtual 100% lock that the Rams avoid drafting OL in the first two rounds (at least!). With Fisher's record of NOT drafting OL and the Rams being 100% set at 4 out of 5 spots (with at least Rok and Shelley Smith as solid competition for the last one and Rok was a 5th rounder last year). I think Fisher might take one OL late in the draft if he senses a diamond in the rough, but I think the first three picks will all be skill players. Of course if there is a stud DT (like Sheldon) available at #16 he might not be able to resist that temptation, otherwise I am sensing at least one WR, a safety, and the ability to take the best skilled position player (even if that person is a CB that slides) available! I am pumped. It also enhances the trade-down scenarios to continue to stock-pile picks in future years if the board looks right for them. The Rams can finally add weapons now that they're not patching holes! How exciting is that!?!

jap

Legend
Wonderboy said:
...that thinks that the Long signing makes it a virtual 100% lock that the Rams avoid drafting OL in the first two rounds (at least!). With Fisher's record of NOT drafting OL and the Rams being 100% set at 4 out of 5 spots (with at least Rok and Shelley Smith as solid competition for the last one and Rok was a 5th rounder last year). I think Fisher might take one OL late in the draft if he senses a diamond in the rough, but I think the first three picks will all be skill players. Of course if there is a stud DT (like Sheldon) available at #16 he might not be able to resist that temptation, otherwise I am sensing at least one WR, a safety, and the ability to take the best skilled position player (even if that person is a CB that slides) available! I am pumped. It also enhances the trade-down scenarios to continue to stock-pile picks in future years if the board looks right for them. The Rams can finally add weapons now that they're not patching holes! How exciting is that!?!

Nope!, you're not. We have needs at WR, FS, SS, OLB that has to be addressed. We can also look at RB, OL, CB, and QB.

Wonderboy

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the thing that makes this so exciting is that the best teams in the NFL are typically doing this. We always seem to have needs on the line and are drafting linemen early in the draft while the Packers/Patriots (ughhh, hard to even type that word) are always drafting skill position players and getting better by doing so. It just feels like our lines are in a really good spot right now. I understand the need for depth because guys will go down, but the ability to go after skill position players early in the draft makes me feel like our team is finally on the cusp, regardless of the fact that we are now in the toughest division in the NFL.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I think that the Rams are going to try and draft the best player available going forward, regardless of position (except for QB, LT, etc...) as opposed to drafting solely based on need.

If Warmack (or Cooper) are there at 16 I don't know how the the Rams can pass them up.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sure is, unless Rodger Saffold gets traded before the draft (which I doubt).

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Angry Ram said:
Sure is, unless Rodger Saffold gets traded before the draft (which I doubt).

If we trade him im sure it will be for a Rt that can start so no worries

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
idk i think the smart move would be grab Warmack at 16th if hes there or the next best G and then our line is set we wont need to be worrying about offensive line anymore, with our 22nd i would shoot for Saftey or WR.

Saftey if Kenny is still on the board, if hes not then shoot for the next best WR there which would prob be Allen. If Kenny is taken and we grab Allen, shoot for Rambo after.