Am I the only one who...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
wants the Rams to target Davin Joseph, despite the news of signing Roger? Ideally it would be on something like a 1-year $3M deal. But I wouldn't stop there.

I STILL want to add Matthews/Robinson or Yankey/Jackson. Our OL on paper now looks good, but we still need to continue the youth movement. An OL with Long, Joseph, and Wells has quite a bit of age on it. Adding Matthews/Robinson gives us insurance for Long at LT and a player who can immediately compete with Joseph for starting RG. While Yankey and Jackson are more strictly guards, they could also compete for RG.

LT Long, Matthews/Saffold
LG Saffold, Joseph
C Wells, Barnes, Jones
RG Matthews, Joseph
RT Barksdale, Saffold

While you see Matthews at RG above, I have NO problem adding Yankey or Jackson instead, Matthews/Robinson just give as a legit replacement for Long in 2015 which is ideal. Going OG instead of a top LT would give us flexibility to add a talent like Watkins or Clowney.

How do YOU want the Rams to finish addressing the OL moving forward in FA and the draft?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Agree. This OLine needs an overhaul with younger,more durable talent across the board.

A55VA6

Legend
I think we need someone like him. I'd be all for the deal. He may be declining but I think Coach B can help make him a solid contributor either as a backup or a starter on the opposite side of Rodger.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Staffold is back in the fold, so draft Greg Robinson to start out as our RG

Last edited:

laramsoriginal

Starter
wants the Rams to target Davin Joseph, despite the news of signing Roger? Ideally it would be on something like a 1-year $3M deal. But I wouldn't stop there.

I STILL want to add Matthews/Robinson or Yankey/Jackson. Our OL on paper now looks good, but we still need to continue the youth movement. An OL with Long, Joseph, and Wells has quite a bit of age on it. Adding Matthews/Robinson gives us insurance for Long at LT and a player who can immediately compete with Joseph for starting RG. While Yankey and Jackson are more strictly guards, they could also compete for RG.

LG Saffold, Joseph
C Wells, Barnes, Jones
RG Matthews, Joseph
RT Barksdale, Saffold

While you see Matthews at RG above, I have NO problem adding Yankey or Jackson instead, Matthews/Robinson just give as a legit replacement for Long in 2015 which is ideal. Going OG instead of a top LT would give us flexibility to add a talent like Watkins or Clowney.

How do YOU want the Rams to finish addressing the OL moving forward in FA and the draft?

Agree 100%

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
With the season he had and his age I would offer much less on a 1 year deal. Less than 2mil. for sure. I'm not sure he's better than Dahl at this point. But might be a depth guy.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Just throwing this out there, what about Oher as the swing OT? Use a early 2nd rounder on Yankey/Xavier to fill the hole at RG? That way the rams can use both first round picks on Dennard (after trading down) and HaHa (after trading down). Rams can settle for a first round in 2015 for compensation rather than getting a draft pick in 2014.
Just saying...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What we don't want to see on the offensive line in 2014...
fqgbzzxtvawtohsyw9ma.gif

Rodger is back,but i want to see some draft capital put into this group.

Alan

Legend
If we draft a T he will probably shift over to LOG and not ROG. I know Bonifay has said that Saffold wants to play LOG but that is directly opposite to what I've read. When he played well at G it was ROG and I read an article where he specifically said he wanted to play LOT or ROG. That's actually very good news because I'd think in most cases it would be easier for someone like Matthews or Robinson, who are are used to playing LOT, to just slide over to LOG.

I totally agree with you Mojo about still needing to spend some serious capital on the O-line. Matthews or Robinson with our first pick, hopefully not at #2, and a top G with our third (or the extra pick 2nd rounder we got for moving down) pick. We'd have starters and quality depth.

Alan

Legend
mr.stlouis possibly not looking at all the ramifications:
A 1 year deal wouldn't hurt us.
The guy hasn't played well since 2011 according to reports and I'm not in favor of having just a NAME on the roster taking up space and valuable training/learning time fro a younger player who has potential. Plus it sucks up some of our much needed CAP reserves. So yeah, I think it might hurt.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
fqgbzzxtvawtohsyw9ma.gif

I certainly don't want our offensive line to let Bob Waterfield get hurt, then run over by an ambulance either. If that happens, they have failed in a manner one would think impossible. ;)

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
To be fair, if Bob Waterfield had got hurt he'd have had Jane Russell as his nurse.

Jane Russell in a nurse's uniform...

image.jpg

nighttrain

Legend

LG Saffold, Joseph
C Wells, Barnes, Jones
RG Matthews, Joseph
RT Barksdale, Saffold

Big if on Long and Wells first few games, I think Barrett Jones plays G/C to start this season
train

A55VA6

Legend
fqgbzzxtvawtohsyw9ma.gif

lmao I love how the ambulance hits like 8 guys and another guy dives out of the way extremely late.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
lmao I love how the ambulance hits like 8 guys and another guy dives out of the way extremely late.
From what I've read on video game history, the ambulance wasn't SUPPOSED to run people over, but when that's what it did in one of the builds, the devs thought it funny and decided to go with it.

jjab360

Legend
What's funnier than an ambulance putting people in the hospital? A firetruck starting a fire?