Am i jerk because...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I couldn't agree more with Athos. Twilight and 50 Shades of Gray treat women worse than crap, and that's the main reason why I hate both of them. I know at least fifty people on one site alone that have more writing talent in their pinky than those two have in their entire bodies. And the sad thing is that none of them even dream of making it big; they just write because they love to write. But my freaking fate, I absolutely know that they're better than most of the big names that are currently in the business.

Both of them are written by women too. Read by them too. Can't blame the men this time.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Both of them are written by women too. Read by them too. Can't blame the men this time.

Women can be quite misogynist as well. Just ask Norman Bates.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Twilight's theme fits the writer -

A 13 year old girl's version of Underworld

Kate Beckinsale is hotter than every woman on Twilight combined.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Twilight's theme fits the writer -

A 13 year old girl's version of Underworld

The only thing I like about the Twilight movies are the scenery. The forest mountains and sunsets are amazing.

Memento

Name
Jemma
The only thing I like about the Twilight movies are the scenery. The forest mountains and sunsets are amazing.

If you want scenery, go watch The Hunger Games. It also has shit romance, and it's still better than Twilight and 50 Shades of Gray combined. Plus there's actual action scenes instead of bullshit drama.

Athos

Legend
If you want scenery, go watch The Hunger Games. It also has crap romance, and it's still better than Twilight and 50 Shades of Gray combined. Plus there's actual action scenes instead of bullcrap drama.

And J-Law is way hotter than dead face Stewart. Who looks like a methhead.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agreed on the titties. She's kinda plain and that face just looks way older than it should for 25. I still see more smokin regular gals every day at the gym. It's really amazing. I'd consider your girl next door to be far more attractive than the most glitzed up movie stars actually.
Yeah - don't get me wrong. I take one trip over to take my son out to lunch at U of O and I see better looking chicks everywhere I turn. But I'd still watch Ms Johnson strip and shake her groove thang.
I watched a trailer for morbid curiosity and the acting looked worse than the worst soap opera.
Wonder if it was the same clip I saw because soap opera acting is a perfect analogy. It was freaking bad.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I won't go out of my way to see this, but if Mrs. HNB suggests it (once it's on video, of course) then I won't object.

This kind of movie was already made, back in 2002: Secretary, with Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader.

Though I have no doubt that 50 Shades will be a greater commercial success, I'm betting that Secretary is the better movie.
Secretary wasn't bad at all for a Spader B movie. The wife liked it too. :cool:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If you want scenery, go watch The Hunger Games. It also has crap romance, and it's still better than Twilight and 50 Shades of Gray combined. Plus there's actual action scenes instead of bullcrap drama.
WAY too much clothing but good movie in spite of that fact.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I'm a fan of Hunger Games. Like you, I don't like how they made it a love triangle instead of what it's supposed to be (political and social unbalance).

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm a fan of Hunger Games. Like you, I don't like how they made it a love triangle instead of what it's supposed to be (political and social unbalance).

They didn't make it a love triangle. The authoress did. Problem is, Katniss has the personality of a porcupine's ass in the books. They at least made her better in the movies. Not much, but a little.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If I've said it once to my wife I've said it a thousand times. Females are destroying the Sci-fi/fantasy genres. You have to wade thru 5000 shit half romance books to find one decent one. And they keep turning those turds into movies.

Memento

Name
Jemma
If I've said it once to my wife I've said it a thousand times. Females are destroying the Sci-fi/fantasy genres. You have to wade thru 5000 crap half romance books to find one decent one. And they keep turning those turds into movies.

You're reading the wrong authoresses. Ursula Le Guin and J.K. Rowling are two of the best in the sci-fi/fantasy genre - no matter the gender.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
You're reading the wrong authoresses. Ursula Le Guin and J.K. Rowling are two of the best in the sci-fi/fantasy genre - no matter the gender.

I've read both. But they only write so many books. I'm talking sheer numbers.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I've read both. But they only write so many books. I'm talking sheer numbers.

Like I said, there's more out there. You just have to dig deeper than the filth that's at the top.

Believe me, there's just as many shitty male authors as female authoresses (-coughCliveCusslercough-).

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Like I said, there's more out there. You just have to dig deeper than the filth that's at the top.

Believe me, there's just as many crappy male authors as female authoresses (-coughCliveCusslercough-).

It's not just that they're mostly shitty. It's that they're mostly the same shit. It's one plot spread over 50,000 books. But I get your point.