Am I alone in this?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

I am not sold on bringing Delmas here, especially if he commands a big contract. Missed 13 games the past 2 serious with knee injuries.... more importantly, signing a safety from one of the weaker pass defenses isn't exactly inspiring. They were 9th worst in avg QB rating vs them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not a Delmas fan, but it wouldn't piss me off if we signed him. There's something to be said about his relationship with Walton, and it's not like we can be real choosy at the moment either. It would be an upgrade over - essentially nobody.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Had we not brought in Walton, I would be wary about Delmas as well. I figure Walton knows the kind of player he is on and off the field and if he deems him a worthy investment, I cant argue with that.

I prefer Phillips to Delmas

jap

Legend
Walton has established relationships with a number of young safeties in this league. He may be able to help draw one to us.

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
I'm not a Delmas fan, but it wouldn't piss me off if we signed him. There's something to be said about his relationship with Walton, and it's not like we can be real choosy at the moment either. It would be an upgrade over - essentially nobody.
How about Austin at 16, safety at 22 and 2nd round, Warford in the third, and Loadholt and Cook in FA?
train
ps we ended up with two rooks at CB most of last season, tells me Fish is not afraid of rookies
train

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Delmas; 25 years old and named Pro Bowl alternate in 2010 and 2011.

The injury history will help keep his contract down somewhat, but when he's on the field he's damn good.

Now it's just a matter of determining; is the injury bug a point in time... or trend? Being 25 years old... no way can he be labeled injury prone just yet.