Alterran Verner to sign 'quickly' on Tuesday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Alterran Verner to sign 'quickly' on Tuesday

The NY Daily News reports free agent CB Alterraun Verner "isn't planning any visits," and intends to sign with a team "shortly after the market opens" on Tuesday.
It's possible he already has a deal in place with a team. The Redskins, Giants, Rams, Jets, and Vikings are among the clubs known to have interest in Verner. Verner had to love seeing the Packers give Sam Shields $39 million over four seasons on Saturday. Verner is younger than Shields, and a superior corner.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...Tuesday?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Doesn't need to plan a visit because he already knows the coaches he will be playing under, since he has played under them before.....

jjab360

Legend
Doesn't need to plan a visit because he already knows the coaches he will be playing under, since he has played under them before.....
Pretty much. That's the only reason I can think that he wouldn't need to make sure he fits in with a situation before making a deal. Everybody say hello to your new St. Louis Rams shutdown cornerback. :D I like this kid, him, Tru, and Jenkins make a heck of a CB trio. (y)

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting. What would this do to our DB rotation. Do you give verner the #1 spot over jenkins?

jjab360

Legend
Interesting. What would this do to our DB rotation. Do you give verner the #1 spot over jenkins?
Absolutely. Tru is already the no.1 corner over Jenkins right now in my mind. Jenks still has to redeem himself from last year, he was pretty bad.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Pretty much. That's the only reason I can think that he wouldn't need to make sure he fits in with a situation before making a deal. Everybody say hello to your new St. Louis Rams shutdown cornerback. :D I like this kid, him, Tru, and Jenkins make a heck of a CB trio. (y)

And the best part is, they are still young!!! Verner - 25, JJ - 25, Tru - 24. Now we just need a new starting FS and some CB depth and the secondary will be set.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Good question. Though Jenkins will probably be much better this year with Williams running things, He is the weakest of them at this moment. Could change though, we shall see.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the best part is, they are still young!!! Verner - 25, JJ - 25, Tru - 24. Now we just need a new starting FS and some CB depth and the secondary will be set.

Don't get too ahead of yourself. This is merely us speculating and hoping still.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely. Tru is already the no.1 corner over Jenkins right now in my mind. Jenks still has to redeem himself from last year, he was pretty bad.

Yeah I get that. I just think Jenkins has the highest ceiling out of them...i still expect him to become one of if not the best Corners in the league

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah I get that. I just think Jenkins has the highest ceiling out of them...i still expect him to become one of if not the best Corners in the league
I agree. I also think this talk is fun but premature.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Don't get too ahead of yourself. This is merely us speculating and hoping still.

I know, I really am setting myself up for disappointment aren't I? lol. Since I really want him to be a Ram, he will probably become a Redskin or a Jet on Tuesday.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G

Rams play left and right corners, there isn't a #1 CB. However, Verner was the RCB for Titans in 2013 and Jenkins was our RCB. So, someone has to move. But it's not a #1 CB or #2 CB.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Don't the Vikings have a coach/coaches that he played under at Tennessee as well?

Not the same thing as Fisher and Williams of course, but it could be a factor.

Alan

Legend
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I'm seeing a lot of wishful thinking here.

It would be nice though.

A55VA6

Legend
Wherever he signs he must really want to go there. Interested to see who he wants to play for.

Alan

Legend
I think it's more likely that someone made a stupid offer that was much higher than the other offers.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
That is exactly what I was thinking. It would be pretty surprising for a player to pick a place without knowing the coaching staff. This is a good sign he's signing with the Rams. But it's also a good sign that Saffold isn't. :cry:

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I'm seeing a lot of wishful thinking here.

It would be nice though.

I would truly be shocked if we signed Verner, yet strangely elated!:cool:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That is exactly what I was thinking. It would be pretty surprising for a player to pick a place without knowing the coaching staff. This is a good sign he's signing with the Rams. But it's also a good sign that Saffold isn't. :cry:

As time went by, I think our chances of re-signing Saffold dwindled. He knows he can get some nice money from some needy club, more than we really wanted to spend on him. But yea, If Verner does become a Ram, Saffold is definitely not returning.