Alternate universe Ram season after 13 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Team management is one thing, playcalling and game planning is completely different. His lack of concern over both the QB2 and PK have cost games. His game planning and playcalling IMO were subpar for him in the first half.
Both of these, especially this year, are functions of *next season's* goals. Not concerned about kicking? Then why'd they cut one? They're very concerned about it, but have a particular solution in mind.. meaning a big leg on a rookie contract. They've brought in several kickers this year, both in the offseason and during the season. They also, finally, tried to address the backup QB with a draft pick and seemed to feel they were on track. Where the decision/evaluation process failed with Bennett, isn't known to me. I wasn't a fan of the pick as a person, but people can grow.
His play calling can be inconsistent... but not nearly an "issue." His play design is brilliant. If you're referring to the first-half of the season, we can point to numerous different factors. It's rolling now.
Those supposedly knowledgeable people panned this roster in September and now are surprised. I have been adamant all season they have been wrong about this roster. Now they are backtracking, how nice of them. They are exactly where I said in Sept that they would be, i.e. on the cusp of being 10-7 and surprising a whole lot of people.
"The people who panned the roster" is a blanket statement. What criticisms? Because, I still have plenty. But they're not criticisms of the decisions process.. it's about places where there's an obvious lack of talent.. specifically, the defense. Which makes the coaching job on that side of the ball this season, very, very notable.
Had this team had a decent QB2 and PK two positions that McVay took for granted they would be 9-5 now and probably end up at least 11-6 which was my high-end prediction.
"Take for granted" is such a dumbass thing to say.
To his credit McVay seems to have done some introspection over the bye and has come out more or less back to form. What I'm saying is that the pre-Super Bowl Sean would have never simply delegated the QB2 and not vetting the pick, or taken the PK position lightly. So no I don't see this as his best year coaching. Those media hacks are covering their butts for not doing their homework or not really looking at who Les drafted and where they fit in the roster. The draft was targeted and conducted with a two year plan. That part to me has always been obvious.
The Rams had John fucking Wolford as the backup QB for the Super Bowl year. If Stafford went down, they don't make the SB. Period.
Guess you don't remember how they acquired Matt Gay or what his story had been.

We can agree on the two-year plan part, lol.

But, yeah.. maybe His best year as a head coach.. revamped the staff.. worked on that two year plan with Les.. and changed the offense.
Competitive with $75 million in dead cap money. It's a pretty amazing season.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I can say is... I am pleasantly surprised with how the season has gone thus far.

These draft kids? Very impressive!
Free agency acquisitions weren't really flashy... but they are filling holes nicely (have to give props to Snead and McVay).

I figured I'd be happy if they went .500
Playoffs? Man... I'd just love it!! (fingers crossed).

As I watch the games, my only beef is McVay. At times, he just gets stubborn. Like getting into the red zone - mainly by effective runnning - and deciding to pass on all three downs. Why?
He just gets pass happy sometimes. And, a lot of the time, no need for it. Williams is a delight to watch!

So... go Rams!! Beat the Aints and keep improving. I'm enjoying this season.

BTW... don't sleep on the need to replace Stafford in the not-so-distant-future.