Alright, let's make a deal...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adrian

UDFA
Name
vermeilsRE
We weren't supposed to beat the Seahawks and we were supposed to get killed by the cards. Carson Palmer blah blah blah... "No picks, only sacked once, best 3rd down conversion rate"! No way can the Rams D hold the mighty Big Ben! As easy as we could be 1-3, we could easily be 4-0. Cmon, no tds at home against the steelers and the fkn Redskins???

So here's what I'm thinking. After we beat the Hawks I came to the conclusion that this is a different team. No way could any ram team in the last 10 yrs have fought through that & win. We've seen it a million times. Come that close only for a pick on the winning drive or failing to hold em on 3rd down! This is a different team.

Here's my deal... If we beat the Pack at home I'm gonna go back to my post-Seahawk mindset. That this is a different team. The Packs D is no better than the Hawks or the Cards with a less effective D-line. And their offense? Who gives a damn! This is the Rams D. They can stop anyone! Big Ben? The cards O? Jimmy Graham, lynch, Baldwin, and lil Russel Wilson? ANYONE!

We'll have a great run after the buy to put us in a great post season position.

That's my deal. Pull this one off like we know they can, and we can start talking about getting Tree back for the postseason!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
It will not surprise me if we beat Green Bay. It can be done. We have a good RB, and as long as we can control the clock and keep Rodgers off the field, we have a shot. If we can't run the ball, we have no shot.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Maybe it's just may own naivety, but I started over when Fisher took over. Not because I was a big fan of Fisher or the coordinators that he brought in, and I especially did not want to admit to myself that the team needed to be turned upside down and re-started again. But because he did just that.

Although my inner optimist was so audacious as to include a lower score and a safety on the score prediction thread, in truth I'm still cautiously optimistic and understand that a victory against the Packers is unlikely. We are the underdog, and will remain so until we prove to ourselves otherwise.

Win or lose against the packers, I won't be able to shake the perception that we play to the level of our opponents until we beat a "lesser opponent", regardless of how badly we victimized the Raiders last season. We need a winning season badly :)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe it's just may own naivety, but I started over when Fisher took over. Not because I was a big fan of Fisher or the coordinators that he brought in, and I especially did not want to admit to myself that the team needed to be turned upside down and re-started again. But because he did just that.

Although my inner optimist was so audacious as to include a lower score and a safety on the score prediction thread, in truth I'm still cautiously optimistic and understand that a victory against the Packers is unlikely. We are the underdog, and will remain so until we prove to ourselves otherwise.

Win or lose against the packers, I won't be able to shake the perception that we play to the level of our opponents until we beat a "lesser opponent", regardless of how badly we victimized the Raiders last season. We need a winning season badly :)
This is my view right now as well.

One game at a time... any given Sunday... name the cliche.

But I need to see a pattern of consistent execution and discipline in this team. I've been teased far too often.

I'm not expecting a win Sunday... but I am expecting a crisply played, well executed game with few penalties. If they do that, the score should be close and I'll begin to "get a feeling" again.

Until then... stock up on booze!!
:D:yess::ROFLMAO::LOL:(y)
:cheers:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I will be sitting on the edge of my sofa, like always, hoping, pacing, eating, yelling, anxious, drinking....:yess:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Leave us nervous people alone... we got issues!! :D
Do what the rest of us do!!

drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif

GO RAMS!!
addon.jpg

Moostache

Rookie
The feeling that I cannot shake, like a seed stuck in the back of your teeth is this:
We were essentially one 4th and 2 conversion away from losing BOTH games we have won.
Change the outcome of 2 plays, and the season is an 0-4 dumpster fire right now with everyone screaming for Fisher's head.

Donald and Brockers saved the SeaHawks game by making a play.
No one (but Carson Palmer's bad throw) saved the Cardinal game. Its possible to give Gurley a big assist in locking down that win, but if the Rams were down at that point and chasing the lead instead of protecting it...say the Cards had converted the 4th and 2 and went on to grab a 25-24 lead...would that have changed? Most likely Gurley would not have been being fed the ball the way he was...

The entire team stunk in Washington.
The offense was utterly putrid against Pittsburgh.
And then there are 2 wins against supposedly superior teams that come down to 1 play each!

Its one of the more confusing 2-2 starts I can remember.
This Rams team is a group that is on the razor's edge - with most of the NFL, stuck in the "parity" middle, but unquestionably better than when Fisher and Snead arived.
We are still not showing "elite" play from any unit on a consistent basis, and going into Green Bay against a healthy Aaron Rodgers is usually death...

BUT...

If these Rams have shown anything to date it is an ability to raise their level of play (or play down) to that of the opponent.
I think the odds of us winning three games, against superior teams, by one play each is out there...I just can't feel it is likely.
I think Rodgers converts where Wilson and Palmer have failed and the Rams leave on the wrong end of the 1-play decision this weekend (though I would be happy to be wrong!)

bskrilla

Starter
Change the outcome of 2 plays, and the season is an 0-4 dumpster fire right now
Change the outcome of 1 play against Pittsburgh and we're probably 3-1 right now. If Kendricks doesn't drop that pass he likely scores the TD we needed to win.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Change the outcome of 1 play against Pittsburgh and we're probably 3-1 right now. If Kendricks doesn't drop that pass he likely scores the TD we needed to win.
And the INT in the WA game - as poorly as we played - could have changed everything if it wasn't dropped. If we are going to play the one play game, we could be 4-0 just as easily. As it is, we beat the shecocks far worse than the score indicated. And though this is not popular belief, we were not as atrocious in the WA game as I've seen some teams play this season.

Now the thing is though, you could legitimately play the one play game with the shecocks. They actually should be 1-3 and everyone including them knows it.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup... that's sports.. woulda... shoulda... coulda...

I hate it when people do that... yeah, we lost BUT!!!! Fact is... we lost!

Every game has opportunities to win... your team either seizes them or it doesn't.

We won two games... we seized the opportunities. We lost two games... we failed to seize them.

It's up to the Rams to seize the opportunities Sunday. If they do, no telling what the final score might be.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now the thing is though, you could legitimately play the one play game with the shecocks. They actually should be 1-3 and everyone including them knows it.
Nah... they knew they had it in the bag...
  • th

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
@DaveFan'51 "Do what the rest of us do!!"

Rest Hell...I don't drink. I'm on too many hardcore (Morphine) pain meds for decades.(back) Stuff just makes me sleepy like ----X- fell asleep at the wrong time. I'm such a giant guy it would take a lot to effect me. Hardcore tolerance due to longtime use of said meds. So I'm fully exposed to all of our growing pains as a young team. Maybe I break less stuff after we don't show up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OP: I'm loving the optimism. But I'm just too shell-shocked by this team's frustrating inability to be consistent to believe they can win two big games in a row, on the road, against playoff-caliber teams. This game will require the defense's best effort yet, because Rogers is a better QB than Palmer and will not fail to score if he is given 5 trips to the redzone.

I am excited by this team, mind you. I think they have a playoff-talent roster and can beat anyone when they put it all together. So we'll see and I sincerely hope you're right but I'm done with the Kool-Aid until they show me a bit more. IF they win this game? Ok, I'll be drinkin it again from an effin beer funnel.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Every game has opportunities to win... your team either seizes them or it doesn't.

We won two games... we seized the opportunities. We lost two games... we failed to seize them.

It's up to the Rams to seize the opportunities Sunday. If they do, no telling what the final score might be.
[av]http://www.moviewavs.com/0053148414/MP3S/Movies/Napoleon_Dynamite/fourthquarter.mp3[/av]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I think it's natural to look at things your team could have done to win. I just can't get with the idea of trying to figure out what your team could have done to lose. Maybe that's just me.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think it's natural to look at things your team could have done to win. I just can't get with the idea of trying to figure out what your team could have done to lose. Maybe that's just me.
It's NOT just you Bro!! It's :alien: to me too!!:D