Already got a man crush for the draft...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

I really would love to add this kid to the Rams...

size,speed, and something we don't have - hands...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Y_ZortOek[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9o61zO2ucE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEua-UjnSO8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYRCjAkaYYk[/youtube]

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
iced said:
I really would love to add this kid to the Rams...

size,speed, and something we don't have - hands...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Y_ZortOek[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9o61zO2ucE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEua-UjnSO8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYRCjAkaYYk[/youtube]

No offense, but NO. Unless we could get him way low in the draft.

We need to fix this O line.

IMHO, it does not matter who you have at WR if your line can't even pass protect.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Adding another rookie WR isn't high on my priority list.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
Maybe not high in the draft, but they should keep adding them every draft until they hit upon that Marques Colston or Brandon Marshall. And then keep drafting them every year. That's just my preference though.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
X said:
jrry32 said:
Maybe not high in the draft, but they should keep adding them every draft until they hit upon that Marques Colston or Brandon Marshall. And then keep drafting them every year. That's just my preference though.

But we'll never know if we have that type in our fold if we just keep drafting WRs to take time from the guys we already have, at some point you have to stop drafting projects and give time to the guys you got. Two of our guys are rookies, 2 are second year men and the other only has 3. Like I've said before, playing musical chairs with positions is just as harmful as having crap players.

If you keep giving up on guys and not giving them time to grow and develop you're hindering your team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HometownBoy said:
X said:
jrry32 said:

But we'll never know if we have that type in our fold if we just keep drafting WRs to take time from the guys we already have, at some point you have to stop drafting projects and give time to the guys you got. Two of our guys are rookies, 2 are second year men and the other only has 3. Like I've said before, playing musical chairs with positions is just as harmful as having crap players.

If you keep giving up on guys and not giving them time to grow and develop you're hindering your team.
I'm all about competition though. Keep pitting guys against each other until someone (like the two guys I mentioned) just blows everyone else's doors off. If we ever get to the point where we're like the Packers, who draft and groom their own receivers to use forever, then I might rethink the strategy. But I don't think we're set at the position in any way right now.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dude, we can't even get Tavon Austin Givens or Cook the ball. How does this help our team?

We HAVE weapons!!! We don't have a coach that is able to play to their strengths. Yeah... let's run the ball Fisher because that's where our strength is. We averaged like 2 yards a rush last game and that turned out really well. The passing game will not open up any time soon.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
X said:
HometownBoy said:
X said:
jrry32 said:

I'm all about competition though. Keep pitting guys against each other until someone (like the two guys I mentioned) just blows everyone else's doors off. If we ever get to the point where we're like the Packers, who draft and groom their own receivers to use forever, then I might rethink the strategy. But I don't think we're set at the position in any way right now.
I don't think we're in the place to be holding receiver competitions either. We need production from our guys now, not more project WRs that go through rookie jitters and might not pan out, thus taking spots away from other players on the roster.

Especially with all our gaping holes, with no RB to speak of, a big gaping hole at RT with Saffold questionable of ever being healthy, an express need for a MLB and egregious other holes I don't think the Rams are in the position to be spending any picks on receivers.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HometownBoy said:
X said:
HometownBoy said:
X said:
jrry32 said:

I don't think we're in the place to be holding receiver competitions either. We need production from our guys now, not more project WRs that go through rookie jitters and might not pan out, thus taking spots away from other players on the roster.

Especially with all our gaping holes, with no RB to speak of, a big gaping hole at RT with Saffold questionable of ever being healthy, an express need for a MLB and egregious other holes I don't think the Rams are in the position to be spending any picks on receivers.
Fair enough. I think where we differ here is, you feel we're done. We should just settle in with the guys we have now, develop them, and hopefully that's all we need. I don't think we're quite there yet, but that feeling might be predicated on the idea that we haven't had a legit #1 receiver since Torry Holt. I hope Givens becomes that guy, but I dunno. Maybe Quick, but I dunno. Nobody thinks it's Pettis, and I doubt it'll be Stedman. I just really don't see the harm on taking a guy in the later rounds and see if he can push someone down the depth chart and instantly shine like Colston or Marshall.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well... we've hardly scrapped the surface in utilizing our #8 overall Tavon Austin.

Brian Quick, IMO, is still emerging and could be the guy we need outside opposite Givens.

My take: we are okay at WR. I got to believe we'll be going OL high in this draft. And even though I'm against it... RB should/could be a consideration.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
CGI_Ram said:
Well... we've hardly scrapped the surface in utilizing our #8 overall Tavon Austin.

Brian Quick, IMO, is still emerging and could be the guy we need outside opposite Givens.

My take: we are okay at WR. I got to believe we'll be going OL high in this draft. And even though I'm against it... RB should/could be a consideration.

This.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI_Ram said:

quick is a beast. he just needs to get his shit together. that interception on tnf where he jumped for the ball and almost made a play, he jumped too early. if he had timed his jump properly it would have been a td. preferably sam should have thrown it over his shoulder for an easy td but sometimes the wr has to make a play for his qb and this was such an occasion. qucik should be able to muscle his way to any ball and get the completion. if that was michael irvin trying to make that catch, touchdown. quick has to get his timing and body positioning down and he will be a bonafide #1 wr.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I wanted to draft jerry rices cousin, I cant remember his name atm. Since we went WR high this years draft I don't want him anymore. We need to fix this Oline. We also need to fix our OLB issue. not feeling it, we should of had dunbar not ww.

dont forget our RB issue.

next years draft I want - Oline, RB and OLB addressed.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
LosAngelesRams said:
I wanted to draft jerry rices cousin, I cant remember his name atm. Since we went WR high this years draft I don't want him anymore. We need to fix this Oline. We also need to fix our OLB issue. not feeling it, we should of had dunbar not ww.

dont forget our RB issue.

next years draft I want - Oline, RB and OLB addressed.
This.

Also our offense is pretty darn out of it with Schott's poor play call.

Can judge our weapons because they're not being used properly.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
Does anyone else have this problem when viewing this forum on the Tapatalk IPhone App?

NO YouTube videos play. They all say unavailable :(

I've already got a man crush for the 2016 NFL draft, Vernon Hargreaves III true frosh CB at Florida, has 3 INTs so for and has allowed 1 completion, I'd take him over Finnegan today.