All-Time Favorite Rams Coaches?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious on who are some of your all-time favorite Rams coaches are. I would list mine as:

#1 Dick Vermeil - Even though he had a short career as the Rams Head Coach I loved the
enthusiasm and passion that he brought to the Rams Organization, Players,
Fans, etc!
#2 Chuck Knox

#3 George Allen - Allen was the Rams Head Coach when I first started following the Rams

#4 John Robinson

#5 Jeff Fisher - Incomplete! But, I hope he moves up the list in the next few years!

And, I do realize that many on this board are ST. LOUIS RAMS fans not L.A. Rams Fans BUT
as of now we are ALL RAMS FANS!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Malavasi, Robinson and Martz. Cant really put a 1-3 on it, I'd call it a 3 way tie for first

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
1. Vermeil, he took us to the promise land and won
2. Martz, he took us to the promise land
3. Malavasi, he took us to the promise land

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Since I've been a Rams fan I've seen 6 (not including interims) head coaches. Vermiel and Martz are the only 2 I'd call favorites. After that I'd order them like this...Fisher, Spags, Linehan, Brooks.

Fisher is definitely in a different class than the other three, but still needs to have a winning season to move into some kind of "favorite" category.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Joe Stydahar. Someone had to remember him. Coached 1951 championship team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
WOW! Great question!! Tough to answer when you think back thru all the Great coach's! ie.
1951 Champs.jpg
Gillman1951.jpg
AllenLA.jpg
RobinsonLA.jpg
tempAP0909030347190_48--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
Hard choice, Best Record? Best Motivator? Most Likeable? Or Just My Favorite Guy!?! I'll go with George Allen!!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love my early years as a RAMS fan during the decade of the 70’s. I was at a great age (9-19) for being a football fan while I was still playing the game myself. As most of you know the RAMS went to three straight NCF Championship games (74, 75, & 76) with each loss hurting worse than the last. That run thickened my skin for what was about to happen in the following decades. So thank you Mr. Knox for the"Three yards and a cloud of dust" and toughening me up while keeping the HORNS securely on my head.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I love my early years as a RAMS fan during the decade of the 70’s. I was at a great age (9-19) for being a football fan while I was still playing the game myself. As most of you know the RAMS went to three straight NCF Championship games (74, 75, & 76) with each loss hurting worse than the last. That run thickened my skin for what was about to happen in the following decades. So thank you Mr. Knox for the"Three yards and a cloud of dust" and toughening me up while keeping the HORNS securely on my head.
Knox is not in my TOP 5, But he'd be #6!!(y)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, my avatar makes a statement, however, loved Chuck Knox the first time around, however, Harland Svare (before George Allen) did not win many games, but he sure did look the part!
harland_svare_1964_09_01.jpg

A55VA6

Legend
Well I was born in 91' and became a Rams fan in 98' so I'll base it from then until now:

1. Martz (He was the guy when I was growing up. Loved those years seeing the Rams win)
2. Vermeil (I was too young to really care about head coaches, but he won us a Super Bowl)
3. Fisher (Took this team from trash to a team that can beat anyone any given Sunday)

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Vermeil and Knox, head coaches, Vermeil first, Knox runner-up
Martz as OC
Malavasi as DC, with Fritz Shurmur assistent/LBers
Hanifan OL
Norv Turner WR
Gil Haskell ST
Mike Waufle DL
Steve Shafer DBs