All Time Best Ram Safeties

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
He definitely wasn't the best but Adam Archuleta remains one of my all time favourite Rams. I just loved the way he played the game. One of my favourite ever Ram plays was a fumble recovery where he tackled the guy, stripped the ball without either of them hitting the ground and returned it 90-odd yards for the score. I think it was against Atlanta.

He also memorably dropped an easy game winning pick in the last seconds of a late season game against the Jets though. I'm sure it was an overtime game we ended up winning to sneak into the playoffs. He was wildly inconsistent, but man could he hit.

He's now a pretty good commentator too.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
no love for #48 Bill Simpson ? He had 22 career ints in 5 seasons with the Rams. 12 more with the bills.

s-l300.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP61GDj25x8

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
#21 Nolan Cromwell gets my vote.

He can't dance for shit though. See... Just Ram It video.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not to mention as holder on place kicks, TD's from fake field goals.

Meador was the Captain of the Fearsome Foursome defense as well.
Ramlock, you and @tempests make a really great argument for Meador but I can't get past Night-Train's All-Time record of "14 Int's" in one Season, a record that will never be broken! And I loved the " Neck-Tie's" he would lay on opponents! ( Outlawed by the NFL!:snicker:):shades:

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thx Dave. I knew there was someone I overlooked. NightTrain was a man among boys, 14 int's in a 12 game season, a record that still stands over 60 years later.
Dick is one of those rare players who transcend time. Players back then were smaller. slower and they didn't work out like they do now. Night Train could have played and excelled in todays NFL.

One of the all time greatest football players of all time, regardless of position.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Nolan was greatest I've ever seen.....

But going through these posts, Night Train was the greatest Ram safety ever....

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Ya, I wanted the Taz wild man that the STeelers got...I didn't care we had Arch....whatever...
Toby Wright scared people....but could run, unlike TJ Mac. Actually, I like Mo Alexander a lot. Great tackler and fast and wants to put some hurt on people....he was out of positoin at FS a bit. I think he is a pro bowl SS. What do I know.

Johnny Johnson was a great FS who did well even with a slight frame. Cromwell for a few years. Cromwell was a pretty good SS, too---though he was too slight for SS...what do I know.
Liked Vince Newsome, too.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Mo Alexander is just getting started. He's progressed and improved every season. This is the year he really comes into his game, finally playing SS. Wade is going to depend on Mo.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Mo Alexander is just getting started. He's progressed and improved every season. This is the year he really comes into his game, finally playing SS. Wade is going to depend on Mo.
Mo's sitting out OTA's with some sort of abdominal injury today. What's up with him and his abs? That's two years in a row he's had some trouble...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sitting here waiting for any OTA news Champ, and that the first I've heard. How'd you get that piece of news?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He definitely wasn't the best but Adam Archuleta remains one of my all time favourite Rams. I just loved the way he played the game. One of my favourite ever Ram plays was a fumble recovery where he tackled the guy, stripped the ball without either of them hitting the ground and returned it 90-odd yards for the score. I think it was against Atlanta.

He also memorably dropped an easy game winning pick in the last seconds of a late season game against the Jets though. I'm sure it was an overtime game we ended up winning to sneak into the playoffs. He was wildly inconsistent, but man could he hit.

He's now a pretty good commentator too.

he was one of my favorite rams ..my name on the old original rams forum was ukram31 ..i remember a play where he lit up Todd Heap in the endzone

if it wasnt for the back injury after which he lost a step he could of been one of the best