All those draft picks in recent drafts, where is all the young 49er talent?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Seems like the last few years the 49ers have had a million draft picks. Reid, Borland, and Hyde look like players, but they don't have much to show for all those recent draft picks, unless I'm missing people. If you get rid of Harbaugh you may want to get a new GM as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like the last few years the 49ers have had a million draft picks. Reid, Borland, and Hyde look like players, but they don't have much to show for all those recent draft picks, unless I'm missing people. If you get rid of Harbaugh you may want to get a new GM as well.

Brandon Thomas
Tank Carradine
Aaron Lynch
Jimmie Ward
Dontae Johnson
Aldon Smith
Marcus Martin

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They look pretty good tonight....
They're getting old quick and don't appear to have a full pantry of fresh groceries despite doing a lot of shopping. I think that was the point.
They aren't going to the playoffs and their window has closed.

Rams0307

Agree with the OP. They have had a lot of picks in recent drafts, and most of them have gone to waste. Few core players have come out of their last 3 drafts. Their 2012 draft was dreadful and 2013 isn't looking much better. I liked the Eric Reid pick for them at the time, but the times I've watched him this year, I haven't been impressed. I must say, I couldn't be happier that they missed on a lot of these picks. :D

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
but irrelevant when it comes to important games

1-4 in the division
wow, well the NFC West is tough...where is the easy spot?

They're getting old quick and don't appear to have a full pantry of fresh groceries despite doing a lot of shopping. I think that was the point.
They aren't going to the playoffs and their window has closed.
I think, they drafted late, so there's that. Plus their team was built in the days of Singletary, so how long ago was that core (offensive line & defense) built. I still see a team, that if they were in the playoffs, would be dangerous. Especially running the ball.

Athos

Legend
They suck shit and KraperDink is awful.

Once Boldin goes, they'll be screwed. CRABStree is mediocre. Stevie Johnson playin' like he just don't care.

All their skill position players are old and getting older. If Boldin goes down, that offense will really suffer even more than it has. Justin Smith's age will show eventually. Aldon will get himself into trouble again at some point.

I hope they lose next week and we win our last two now, draft position be damned.

I want KraperDink and HarBlow to finish last in the div.

fearsomefour

Legend
They suck crap and KraperDink is awful.

Once Boldin goes, they'll be screwed. CRABStree is mediocre. Stevie Johnson playin' like he just don't care.

All their skill position players are old and getting older. If Boldin goes down, that offense will really suffer even more than it has. Justin Smith's age will show eventually. Aldon will get himself into trouble again at some point.

I hope they lose next week and we win our last two now, draft position be damned.

I want KraperDink and HarBlow to finish last in the div.
Amazing how Davis is nearly completely disappeared in their passing game. The Whiners have certainly invested in the receiver positions....Boldin, Johnson, Lloyd, Crabtree, Davis....but really have not gotten much in return. Add in drafting at least one WR every year and their return has been terrible....how much of that is the WR talent and how much is a QB who can't find open guys? I don't know.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The last three drafts top First 3 picks were a strong safety, free safety & a wide out. The WR is not on the roster & the SS has yet to start a game. We all know how Snead & Fisher believe on drafting safeties in the first round....its not a good thing.

The 9ers have had 4 Second round sections the last 3 yrs. They were a RB,DE,TE & a RB. Neither RB nor the DE have started. The TE has started a half dozen for Vernon Davis & the 9ers have suffered much there.

The 9ers have had 3 Third round selections. They were a Center & two Lb'ers. One of the LB'ers was Chris Borland who has started 8 games & is a true gamer. The other LB'er has yet to start a game. The OC has started 7 games.

Athos

Legend
how much of that is the WR talent and how much is a QB who can't find open guys? I don't know.

Both probably. KraperDink sucks but Crabtree is pretty average, Lloyd doesn't seem to much care for football, Davis seems to be becoming irrelevant, Stevie Johnson is injured and aging, and Boldin is really the only threat.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They forgot what type of team they are....They should be a run first team and Gore is on fumes and they expected more out of Carlos Hyde. Next year they will have a new Head Coach and chalk it up to the lack of cohesiveness and that internal combustion led to their demise.

Next year whoever the new head coach is the players will talk about a breath of fresh air and that everyone is now on the same page. I've enjoyed watching Harbaugh and company implode this year, but as always I like to keep my friends close and my enemies closer.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Put an above average QB on that team and they would be in the playoffs IMO. That said the window is closing fast, next year might be the last season they are competitive until they do a little rebuilding.