All this talk about Goldson & Whitner....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is Brian Randolph a day 1 starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cody Davis or Christian Bryant?

I'm thinking they want TJ to move over. Possibly Mo but I doubt it. He struggled a lot in coverage last year. Davis and Bryant could also factor in if they show well.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
TJ can't cover. They have to have someone to play like McCloud . TJ and Mo are the same.

Cody Davis and Christian Bryant I like and hope it's one of them if it's not a rookie

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
TJ can't cover.
I've seen several shots of TJ & Mo playing in a single high safety look...and I haven't seen any adverse effects...that is, the opponent wasn't throwing bombs over their heads...
I actually think the FS in the Williams defense has to be a sure tackler with range...and out of Mcleod, McDonald, and Alexander, I believe Mo is the fastest....
My main concern with TJ at free, is the speed of the collisions and the possible friendly-fire affect when he's out there....dude has seriously injured two Rams the last 2 years...
Again...I like TJ as the first choice....but if Mo isn't able to lock down the SS position...I believe Bryant and Randolph should battle for the FS position, moving TJ back into his SS role. I'd then expect Randolph to beat out Christian Bryant...dude has range, and is a better tackler, imo.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
He looks like a solid player. I hope he can play special teams because we are set at safety.
Also in that video: he is a concussion and personal foul "blow to the head" nightmare. Count how many times he hits his head and how many times he hits someone in the head, he better work on that.

ps: all the love for Mo Alexander, he won't even be on the 53

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What people are misconstruing here is that Whitner or Goldson are going to be DEPTH. This isn't like Fish's first year where the roster is wide open, they have an effin PIPELINE going at safety now. TJ is going to set up at FS and do the job plus lay MFers the F out across the middle deep. Mo will be the SS most likely but what happens if one of them goes down? They can't move Barron out of WILL, so they need that depth that those older signings give them.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
He looks like a solid player. I hope he can play special teams because we are set at safety.
Also in that video: he is a concussion and personal foul "blow to the head" nightmare. Count how many times he hits his head and how many times he hits someone in the head, he better work on that.

ps: all the love for Mo Alexander, he won't even be on the 53
I can't see any way Mo doesn't make the 53. Who beats him out?

HellRam

Starter
I've seen a good amount of names being thrown around for the FS position. When the Rams let Mcleod go I originally thought Joyner would be the replacement. I'm now thinking come week 1 it'll be TJ and Mo as our starting safeties. Mo playing FS, Alexander ran a slightly faster 40 time then TJ and appears to have more range. This gives the Rams 2 big athletic starting safeties. I believe the Rams keep McDonald at SS, he's proven to be a good fit there in the pros. He may not have the same success at FS. That's just my opinion, I'm a if it's not broken don't fix it kinda guy. Moving TJ to FS would be total remake of the secondary, not sure that's what the Rams wanna do. If the Rams sign Whitner I'll be almost certain this is how it plays out. Whtiner replacing Mo as the back up SS and also playing in Barron's old role.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
In a year or so maybe, first he has to make the 53 man roster. No way in hell he starts opening day, and doubt he'll get any playing time at FS unless mop up duty late in a game. That's even if he makes the team or PS. I could see the McLeod route. Ball on ST's and develop over time into a starting role. That's the only way I see it happening.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
My money is on Davis or Bryant starting at FS, with Joyner being the dark horse candidate.