All Things Considered....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After looking at all the FA moves, to date, and the ROD 'Pre FA Community Draft' I think this is the way the Rams should go, in the 1st 4 rounds!!
Pick #10 - WR - Kevin White
Pick #41 - OG Ali Marpet
Pick #72 - OLB Marcus Golden
Pick #116 - ( From Philly ) - QB Garrett Grayson
All reasonable, fill needs, and are doable!
What do you think!? Who would you pick IF the Draft where Tommorrow!?

Stel

Starter
Like #10 and #116.

I like Marpet, but #41 might be a bit high for him. I guess it depends on what holes we have left on the OL when we draft but I think better values will still be on the board at #41.

Don't think Golden is a good fit for us. Don't see him as an OLB in a 4-3 defense and is a bit undersized for 4-3 DE.

Ltrautman

MIZ
#10 WR Amari Cooper
#41 Best OL available (Fisher or maybe even a guy who drops out of the first like Flowers, Erving etc)
#72 OG Laken Tomlinson or Ali Marpet
#116 QB Petty or Grayson

If we don't sign a center then I would change #72 to a center

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I like considering the WR first and LB/QB possibilities but reality is the Rams have no OL. I'm not saying that in a figurative sense like "they need to improve it so this is a bigger need" --

No, it's they literally have no OL at this point.

Seems lots of assuming going on that the Rams will win bidding wars for Barksdale, Wis and/or Blalock? Or assuming the C position is solved by Jones or Rhaney? Or something else magical happening to put warm bodies at those vacant OL spots -- or heaven forbid Pro Bowl talent at those spots, which actually should be the goal?

If those assumptions don't happen the Rams are trapped into taking starting OT, starting OG, starting/backup C, and swing OL depth. That's it, that's their entire draft at this point unless something drastic changes.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
at this point the rams will have to draft oline every round...

I doubt they will. I think we are gonna come out of this draft with just TE's and DE's
I'm puzzled --- I mean all I've heard is how Coach Boudreau doesn't like to play rookies (he kept Robinson on the bench forever) and yet here we are thinking they are gonna draft all oline

FrankenRam

Starter
at this point the rams will have to draft oline every round...

It could happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. While I understand your concern, I'd be surprised.....no, let me rephrase that.....I'd be stunned if it happened.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
After looking at all the FA moves, to date, and the ROD 'Pre FA Community Draft' I think this is the way the Rams should go, in the 1st 4 rounds!!
Pick #41 - OG Ali Marpet
You'd be comfortable with Marpet with the lack of film out there, depth at the position, and his level of competition? I'd have to see more of him. Seems like a big risk that doesn't need to happen. Remember that kids name that the Eagle picked a few years ago that had a good couple of weeks? Danny something??? Not a Grayson fan.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm really not sold on White. He has height, speed, decent hands, and that's about it. Wasn't impressed with his route running. Still have to watch more on him battling for jump balls. Just wondering what the big fuss about him is other than physical ability.

I see Cooper being picked before White and White probably being there when we pick.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Pick #41 - OG Ali Marpet
I like everything but the OLB. I like the BPA approach there but honestly can't say I have done enough research on college players to form that kind of an evaluation past the 1st round and even that is sketchy. So looking at it from a need perspective, I would say we are pretty set at LB - especially since the staff doesn't use more than two on most plays. I'd like to see us find a O-lineman in that spot. I also think Grayson could be an interesting one to watch develop. Always hard to say on a QB but I'd be pretty stoked to see him in horns.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like everything but the OLB. I like the BPA approach there but honestly can't say I have done enough research on college players to form that kind of an evaluation past the 1st round and even that is sketchy. So looking at it from a need perspective, I would say we are pretty set at LB - especially since the staff doesn't use more than two on most plays. I'd like to see us find a O-lineman in that spot. I also think Grayson could be an interesting one to watch develop. Always hard to say on a QB but I'd be pretty stoked to see him in horns.
I picked Golden because he is supposed to be one of the better run-stuffers in the Draft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd go corner over LB.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Good stuff but I don't think Cooper or White will be there at 1o. My guess is they're both gone.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm really not sold on White. He has height, speed, decent hands, and that's about it. Wasn't impressed with his route running. Still have to watch more on him battling for jump balls. Just wondering what the big fuss about him is other than physical ability.

I see Cooper being picked before White and White probably being there when we pick.

6'3" 215
4.35 40
Outstanding hands
Great work ethic
Intelligent(from all reports)

What's there not to be sold on? How many guys with his size and athleticism that ALSO possess outstanding hands bust because of lack of ability on the field?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Pick #41 - OG Ali Marpet

I like the approach and plan. Not sold on Marpet that high but it's mostly because I have not seen enough of him.

I like Cooper at 10
Cann at 41 if available
OG Tre Jackson at 72

Like yours too though!