All the coaches and Jackson: Pressers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Steven Jackson
[flv]http://prod.video.rams.clubs.nfl.com/STL/videos/dct/video_audio/2011/12-December/12_29_11_Presser_Jackson.flv[/flv]

Steve Spagnuolo
[flv]http://prod.video.rams.clubs.nfl.com/STL/videos/dct/video_audio/2011/12-December/12_29_11_Presser_Spags.flv[/flv]

Josh McDaniels
[flv]http://prod.video.rams.clubs.nfl.com/STL/videos/dct/video_audio/2011/12-December/12_29_11_Presser_McDaniels.flv[/flv]

Ken Flajole
[flv]http://prod.video.rams.clubs.nfl.com/STL/videos/dct/video_audio/2011/12-December/12_29_11_Presser_Flajole.flv[/flv]

Tom McMahon
[flv]http://prod.video.rams.clubs.nfl.com/STL/videos/dct/video_audio/2011/12-December/12_29_11_Presser_McMahon.flv[/flv]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
steferfootball said:
Did anyone else catch the subtle vibe from Jackson that he wants Spags to stay?
I got that from a few players over the past couple of weeks. I'd be curious to know if Kroenke is going to take any of their input into account. Like if he'll interview the core players or some of the vets after the season is over.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
steferfootball said:
I got that from a few players over the past couple of weeks. I'd be curious to know if Kroenke is going to take any of their input into account. Like if he'll interview the core players or some of the vets after the season is over.

If I was in that position I would do that. I would talk to Jackson, Bradford, Laurinaitis and Long first and foremost. I'd tell them that it was totally confidential as well and I would like to hear any concerns. I would then probably talk to a few other key leaders like Mikell and Lloyd (if he does want to indeed stay) as they are key players that we can build around. I think that the hardest thing a coach can do is make a team play together, and Spags has done that. He needs some more talent and a President who is able to be in charge and lead the team should be a priority (I would like Fisher for that job) as well.

I think this team can win with Spags. I think this offense can score with McDaniels, and this team can win a Super Bowl with Bradford.

I will support the team no matter what they do, but I have faith even without the results. I don't just say that as a homer because I supported the firing of Terry Murray for the LA Kings a few weeks ago. The players were not buying into the message and you could tell. I felt it was time to go, and you could tell. I don't see that with Spags, I see an injured team without enough talent trying their best to win for a coach. That's hard to do, especially with a team who's in position to be drafting #1. Any other team would be filled with locker room drama, but not the Rams. That's a big sign that these players respect the leadership and it should be taken into consideration.

steferfootball

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
steferfootball said:

If I was in that position I would do that. I would talk to Jackson, Bradford, Laurinaitis and Long first and foremost. I'd tell them that it was totally confidential as well and I would like to hear any concerns. I would then probably talk to a few other key leaders like Mikell and Lloyd (if he does want to indeed stay) as they are key players that we can build around. I think that the hardest thing a coach can do is make a team play together, and Spags has done that. He needs some more talent and a President who is able to be in charge and lead the team should be a priority (I would like Fisher for that job) as well.

I think this team can win with Spags. I think this offense can score with McDaniels, and this team can win a Super Bowl with Bradford.

I will support the team no matter what they do, but I have faith even without the results. I don't just say that as a homer because I supported the firing of Terry Murray for the LA Kings a few weeks ago. The players were not buying into the message and you could tell. I felt it was time to go, and you could tell. I don't see that with Spags, I see an injured team without enough talent trying their best to win for a coach. That's hard to do, especially with a team who's in position to be drafting #1. Any other team would be filled with locker room drama, but not the Rams. That's a big sign that these players respect the leadership and it should be taken into consideration.
With you 100%. Aside from the Kings fan thing.

This is where the four pillars come into play. A wise man once said to build your hose on a rock, not on the sand. When a storm comes a sound foundation will end up being the difference between between a standing and collapsed structure.

While they are not winning, their character shines through - They are really fighting their butts off.

I'd bet that most teams that have lofty expectations coming into the season yet fail don't react like we have.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
steferfootball said:

You're my boy blue, you're my boy

I totally agree. I remember all of the drama the Rams had before 1999 when the team sucked; the drama with Linehan when the team sucked. I remember how the players just quit in 2008. This team does play hard. They do work hard. Maybe I'd get rid of a position coach or two, maybe I'd hire a true QB coach, but I would give the regime another chance. I would probably hire a team president as well, but I would wait to fire the coach.

Others have said, if you don't plan on firing Spags then you need to extend him. I think we can wait until the season starts to see how the team is doing. If it looks better, extend him during the middle of the year, if not then let him play out his contract and go after someone else.