"All or Nothing" featuring the LA Rams (June 30th)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Watched the first 3 episodes....the scene where Fish says if they don't change they won't win another game...nearly prophetic, as they sat 3-1.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
After watching a few episodes, I'm glad Gregg Williams is gone. All of that screaming and yelling gets old real quick.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
After watching a few episodes, I'm glad Gregg Williams is gone. All of that screaming and yelling gets old real quick.

Yupppp. Don't act hard. Yeah the defense played well, but the attitude that GW was projecting was contagious ie. the Donald ejection, people just don't do that unless conditioned to feel that way.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Kinda weird watching when half the players and pretty much all of the coaches are now gone. It's like watching a totally different team from what they are now. I take solace in that as I am ready to start episode three... Where the shit starts to hit the fan.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I love having Prime

Thank you. :sneaky:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...er-told-rams-he-didnt-think-he-let-them-down/

After firing, Jeff Fisher told Rams he didn’t think he let them down
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 1, 2017

613634820-e1498911701131.jpg
Getty Images

After he was fired as the Rams’ head coach during the 2016 season, Jeff Fisher held one last team meeting in which he told the players he believed he had given them everything he had, even if the record didn’t reflect that.

In a video just released as part of the NFL Films/Amazon series All or Nothing, Fisher said he would walk out with his head held high, and urged the players to finish the season strong.

“Sorry if I let anybody down. I don’t think I did,” he said. “But this business is based on wins and losses.”

The Rams were 4-9 when Fisher was fired and they lost their final three games to finish 4-12. Fisher indicated that he was proud of his team despite its poor play on the field, and that his regret was that he wouldn’t get to continue coaching them.

“I love you guys,” Fisher said. “Sorry. Sorry.”

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Thank you. :sneaky:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...er-told-rams-he-didnt-think-he-let-them-down/

After firing, Jeff Fisher told Rams he didn’t think he let them down
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 1, 2017

613634820-e1498911701131.jpg
Getty Images

After he was fired as the Rams’ head coach during the 2016 season, Jeff Fisher held one last team meeting in which he told the players he believed he had given them everything he had, even if the record didn’t reflect that.

In a video just released as part of the NFL Films/Amazon series All or Nothing, Fisher said he would walk out with his head held high, and urged the players to finish the season strong.

“Sorry if I let anybody down. I don’t think I did,” he said. “But this business is based on wins and losses.”

The Rams were 4-9 when Fisher was fired and they lost their final three games to finish 4-12. Fisher indicated that he was proud of his team despite its poor play on the field, and that his regret was that he wouldn’t get to continue coaching them.

“I love you guys,” Fisher said. “Sorry. Sorry.”
Fisher is a good head coach and leader. He needs to adapt to the current game, though. It's something that has to be done in every business, not just football. People do it everyday. Some quicker than others.
I think some time away from the game will help him. Maybe watching the game away from the sidelines will humble him a bit. His stubbornness to run an outdated offense, has to be acknowledged by him at some point.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Nobody seemed in control of this team or themselves. It's a wonder how we managed to even hit 7 wins a season under Fisher. I respect the man, but his style just doesn't translate to success in the NFL.

Everyone yelling and swearing to get a point across, from top to bottom-- you have Williams frantic all the time, Boras throwing shit and overreacting at every offensive mistake, Gurley going off on the offense in the locker room, Donald throwing his helmet and being ejected... it's just chaos, and chaos equals undisciplined players.

McVay nor Wade seem to carry chaos with them, which is very much welcomed by me.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just spent last night and this morning/afternoon binge watching the entire series. I just couldn't stop watching.

First off this blew away Hard Knocks, it was Hard Knocks on steroids. This was a much more insightful production period focused mainly around day to day team activities from week to week. You get to see a lot of the goings on in this business from all different aspects including the coaching aspect.

Say what you want about Jeff Fisher positive or negative but after watching this series I came away with a different perspective of the the man and the coach. He didn't get the job done in his time with the RAMS but it wasn't from a lack of effort. This team never gave up on him and the player were genuinely devastated when he was let go but the writing was on the wall and it had to be done. This is a totally new team moving forward. McVay is a smart guy with smart guys surrounding him. The future looks bright and hopefully things continue to get brighter.

This series "ALL or NOTHING" will give you a much clearer understanding of what went down last season and what's to come. If you are able and haven't watched this series I totally recommend it. If you are not a Amazon Prime member I totally recommend that as well. If you enjoy shopping online like me and my family it pays for itself just in shipping charges alone plus Prime Day is on the 11th of July!

GO RAMS!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/01/cheetah-call-helped-rams-knock-off-cardinals/

“Cheetah” call helped Rams knock off Cardinals
Posted by Mike Florio on July 1, 2017

612077766-e1498930075451.jpg
Getty Images

Whether it’s Hard Knocks or All or Nothing, I’m only interested in learning things I didn’t already know. The second episode of this year’s All or Nothing had nothing I, and most people, didn’t know. Episode Three, however, was different.

While the Rams finished 4-12 last year, they started 3-1. The third win came against the Cardinals, who were the subject of the first season of All or Nothing.

The preparation for the game begins with a reminder to the Rams’ defensive players of the shots previously taken against them by the coach of the Cardinals.

“This mutherf–ker does not respect you,” defensive backs coach Dennard Wilson tells the defensive players regarding Bruce Arians. “After we lost to them last year, you should have heard the sh-t that he said in his press conference. And I’m gonna let you hear.”

Wilson then played a clip of Arians dismissing the Rams and their defense: “Everybody’s been wanting to talk all that stuff about how great their defense is. I think they saw a good defense tonight. It’s in red and white. There’s an 11-3 team, and a team that’s always 8-8. You figure it out.”

“That’s what he thinks of us,” Wilson says. “Every time you line up and you go play against Arizona, he’s lining up saying, ‘We’re gonna whoop their ass.’ Because he has no respect for us. He don’t have respect for this coaching staff. He don’t have respect for you as players.”

For the offense, it was less about getting riled up and more about finding a fatal flaw in the red and white defense.

“Look at the tape,” running backs coach Skip Peete explains to players. “There’s several times that they have a hard time just getting up, getting set, getting lined up. A couple of teams have hit them, and they’re kind of milling around and haven’t even gotten lined up.”

In a meeting with the team’s blockers, offensive line coach Paul Boudreau insists that a successful play can be run without extended pre-snap signals.

“Why go through the ‘Black 80,’ all that bullsh-t?” Paul Boudreau says.

“What [Boudreau] is gonna tell the line is, ‘Listen, we need to go,'” position coach Chris Weinke explains in the quarterback room. “I absolutely love it. We want to get up. Don’t even give them a chance to make an adjustment. We’re gone.”

They dub the maneuver “Cheetah,” and they spot an opportunity to use it early.

In the huddle, quarterback Case Keenum invokes “Cheetah! Cheetah! Cheetah!” before breaking the huddle. He then finishes the call by saying, “On the Cheetah.”

The offensive linemen walk toward the ball, with all of them in a two-point stance. The center quickly identifies the middle linebacker, and then quickly bends over and snaps the ball. Keenum gets it, throws it quickly to receiver Brian Quick, who slips a potential tackle and sprints to the end zone for a 65-yard touchdown and a 7-0 lead.

Eventually, the Rams would win the game, 17-13.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stopped watching halfway through the first episode. Video was very potato quality, it might have been my bandwidth was being drained and the feed quality dropped.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We all we got! We all we need!

Loving this now. Get it watched gents.

ETA: Case Keenum comes out of this looking really good. Dedicated guy who's probably making the most of his average talent. Can't fault the effort tho and he seems like a really good dude.

That is why Fisher was so loyal to him, and kept Goff on the back burner. Fisher loves an underdog. He also loves the hard worker, nice guy part. He hung onto Barnes and Keenum too long. It really seems to be the main reason based on their play. Coaches should be leaders, not best friends with players.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Seems like we got confirmation that Fisher was indeed micromanaging the offense. "Let's open it up." "Let's take a shot."

The offense was 100% the reason he was fired. I wonder if it was an ego thing-- not hiring an experienced coordinator & letting him have full control over the offense.

I think that's why it's so refreshing that McVay hired Phillips.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I like it better than Hard Knocks. Seems more genuine and "real".
Episode 1 gives us a nice little callback to the infamous "We're not going 7 and 9" speech and the awful opening night MNF game. Episode 2 shows the nice boune back win at home vs SEA.

But, I caught that too Zodi, when Fish says. "Ok, let's take a shot". After the offense was struggling for 3 quarters.
3 and outs all game long and you want to 'take a shot'? The guy refused to adapt.... SO frustrating.

Cringe-y moment when they show us a few of the players girlfriends and one of them (TJ McDonalds GF) asks if Gurley has scored a TD yet.... the score was 3-3. Yikes.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Seems like we got confirmation that Fisher was indeed micromanaging the offense. "Let's open it up." "Let's take a shot."

The offense was 100% the reason he was fired. I wonder if it was an ego thing-- not hiring an experienced coordinator & letting him have full control over the offense.

But wouldn't you want the head coach to start micromanaging if the offense is struggling? I'm sure every head coach has input on what plays to run. In every coaches meeting before games we see Fisher tell the offensive staff what fans are basically saying, "we have to score more points" "we have to get 30 going" "if we don't make a change we're not going to win another game".

Zodi

Hall of Fame
But wouldn't you want the head coach to start micromanaging if the offense is struggling?

I would hope the guy running the offense, on his own accord, would know when or to be able to call a play that stretches the defense.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I would hope the guy running the offense, on his own accord, would know when or to be able to call a play that stretches the defense.
Agreed. Boras is either not capable of doing that, or wasn't ready to be an OC. As to why Fisher didn't grab a capable OC is a good question. You mentioned ego and the ability to control as a reason, it's possible. Maybe Fisher wanted to give Cignetti/Boras a chance. I personally think that after Schotty left there wasn't a lot of proven OCs wanting the Rams job. At the time the offense didn't have a legitimate QB (Foles and Keenum) and the only "weapons" on offense were Tavon and Mason. Also job security, signing onto a staff where the HC has 3 straight losing seasons too enticing when you consider recently HCs get 2-4 years to produce a winning team.

I could be mistaken but didn't Fisher try to get someone from the Packers and Colts, I think he was denied by their respective teams. Or maybe one opted to stay with their team.

Last edited:

tempests

Hall of Fame

I thought that was routine sideline stuff. IMO, the only OCs that have complete autonomy in the NFL are head coaches in waiting.

Fisher wasn't as involved in the offense as McVay is going to be.