All hail the wet blanket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
“Let’s face it: The Rams haven’t exactly owned the NFC West,” ESPN analyst Louis Riddick said recently. “They haven’t really been making any headway.”

Fisher and Snead have only guided this franchise to 27 wins over the last four seasons, never eclipsing seven in a single campaign. Goff is their make-or-break move, but they need to use their remaining selections on Saturday to make his life easier. The Rams’ chances will come at Nos. 110, 113, 177, 190, a pair of fourth-rounders followed by two in the sixth.

Top priority is finding someone to catch Goff’s passes. Do-it-all threat Tavon Austin will be around, but the franchise hasn’t produced a 1,000-yard receiver since 2007. It also just lost two starting defensive backs in Janoris Jenkins and Rodney McLeod. Some depth on the offensive line could help too.

All that, Riddick said, means that the Rams need to be “deadly accurate” with their late-round picks: “This is not a team that is one player away. They just aren’t.”

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20160429/goff-looks-the-part-but-la-rams-work-far-from-done

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Screw that guy. We've been a good qb away from being a good team for a while

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ain't right.jpg

KMA!.gif

Oh for F--k's sake.gif

stupid.gif

Upset.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I believe they are one player away. A quarterback. And Goff could easily be an immediate upgrade there. There's a lot more around him than the last number one pick we got at quarterback. We have an elite back and an explosive, versatile guy in Austin.

The upgrades at receiver are going to have to come elsewhere, not the draft. I don't see a 4th or 5th rounder in his rookie year making a difference. They're going to have to look at what vets available. Is Boldin signed? I think he's still got enough in the tank to make the unit better. A veteran presence would be good for a rookie phenom.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
^ I think that about covers it. This author has no idea how close we are. And I prefer it that way.