All aboard the Gurley30 and Jrry32 TRAIN!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We came out and looked terrible in all facets of the game against Washington. That game was what it was. We got beat. It happens. Today's game was not that. It was a game we should have won. A game against a quality team that we should have won. But we shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly and cost ourselves a victory. Kendricks and Cook made two mistakes that kept 11 points off the board. Foles made a big mistake when we had plenty of time for a game winning drive. This was a game that we should have won. The type of game that makes or breaks a team's season and we lost it.

And I realize that one game making or breaking a team's season sounds preposterous but coming into that Cardinals game at 2-1 with a hard fought win over a quality team...imo, that gives us momentum and swagger. Instead, we're going into that game hoping not to put ourselves in a bigger hole.

This was a game we had to win and our own stupidity kept us from winning.
Pretty much that. The OL will hamper this team all season long. Snisher is to blame.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty much that. The OL will hamper this team all season long. Snisher is to blame.

I'm not sure that they will. I think they're being misused right now. All this zone blocking is a mistake. The OL had no issues today in pass pro (aside from a couple mistakes with blitz pick-ups). But we look terrible zone blocking. Which doesn't surprise me. They have a bunch of big, heavy guys that are suited for a PBS. Yet, they're running so much zone right now. I don't get it.

Let's go back to the power plays.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I even noticed us doing some cut blocking today

jap

Legend
Nothing was there for Gurley, but I came away very optimistic as he ran hard and took hits.

Gurley was finally taking enemy fire for the very first time at the pro level. I thought he would get more than 6 carries, but when the Steelers are allowed to mount long, clock-killing drives, you don't get a lot of time to allow your star rookie RB to get acquainted with the NFL. Nevertheless, I like the fact that he absorbed some solid contact and, at least, has a bit more of an idea at what to expect from guys who are faster, quicker, stronger, better tackling, and more savvy than he has ever seen to date. You better believe, the NFL has not even begun to see the best from the Gurley Express. When he gets comfortable behind a pro OL (even our young OL pups!), he will help to settle down the pressure on Nick Foles.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We came out and looked terrible in all facets of the game against Washington. That game was what it was. We got beat. It happens. Today's game was not that. It was a game we should have won. A game against a quality team that we should have won. But we shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly and cost ourselves a victory. Kendricks and Cook made two mistakes that kept 11 points off the board. Foles made a big mistake when we had plenty of time for a game winning drive. This was a game that we should have won. The type of game that makes or breaks a team's season and we lost it.

And I realize that one game making or breaking a team's season sounds preposterous but coming into that Cardinals game at 2-1 with a hard fought win over a quality team...imo, that gives us momentum and swagger. Instead, we're going into that game hoping not to put ourselves in a bigger hole.

This was a game we had to win and our own stupidity kept us from winning.

No way we can win with those blaring lights in the way of the ball :)

I have to joke or the irritation will drive me crazy.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I noticed that when Gurley was in the game, the Pitt D completely sold out to stop him.

Which is why on that one play where he was one block away... it was such a big deal. When a D like Pitt is basically selling out to stop the rookie and...they did...but...and here's the encouraging part...we got close on our limited opportunities. Pitt is another of the top Ds in the league.

Not every D will be able to do that and not every D will sell out like Pitt did to stop Gurley. That is when we'll see "the breakout".

It's coming. If I had to guess, I'd say probably against Green Bay since AZ is another really tough D, but who knows?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I noticed that when Gurley was in the game, the Pitt D completely sold out to stop him.

Which is why on that one play where he was one block away... it was such a big deal. When a D like Pitt is basically selling out to stop the rookie and...they did...but...and here's the encouraging part...we got close on our limited opportunities. Pitt is another of the top Ds in the league.

Not every D will be able to do that and not every D will sell out like Pitt did to stop Gurley. That is when we'll see "the breakout".

It's coming. If I had to guess, I'd say probably against Green Bay since AZ is another really tough D, but who knows?
That would sound cooler in an English accent. Which would also separate you from all other Robin Hoods.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I still think we need an outside threat in order to become a complete offense. Even if Gurley becomes a weapon, teams can still focus much of their attention at the LOS because that's where Austin is getting into the offense(and i'm ok with that). I've been down on T.Austin the last year or so, but i like what i've seen from him so far. Another weapon on the outside is still a need. I don't know if that guy is B.Quick or not.