All 22

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you X.

Case is obviously playing it safe. That is one of the big negatives having a number one pick sitting behind you. He is missing a lot of down field throws.

From his wired video the guy is awesome! He is so fired up and wants to win! Great qualities and will make a life being a back up in this league but he just doesn't have it.

Side note-Maybe a sticky thread to post and discuss real plays. Those video clips you posted were amazing and it would be so great if we had a place to go for that type of stuff.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't disagree with that. On a side note, look at the crazy-ass route Quick ran out of the Y.
All he had to do was run the post on his option route. Don't know why he went to the corner.
(assuming he was running an option route)

Also, why only send two receivers to the endzone on 3rd & 13?

If you slow it down and watch Quicks route the ball is out before he even gets to his break.

The ball is out so quick the all of the defenders are in pursuit of the ball before Quick even breaks.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think the key here is we were 3rd and 13 (on two occasions) Case passed to Tavon (our $42m WR) and to Gurley (our stud RB) as @-X- mentioned QBs ALWAYS miss opportunities, Case isn't alone there - I think at 0 and 0 we were playing for the 3 points there and CK went for the 'Safe' option. On the second clip, we should have gone for the TD with Tavon, he had the time and space, but I would like to also point out is it me or does Gurley look for the contact this year?

We all know that Fisher uses Punting and FG as cornerstones to his offence, a bit like the aerial kicking game in Northern Hemisphere rugby, I can't say I'm a fan, neither are the NZ All Blacks ;) .

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I hope all this is what they go over in there meetings on Tuesday's, on offense and defense, missed opportunities.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
This is the kind of stuff that separates the good qbs from the really good or great qbs is seeing and reacting faster. Theading the needle so to speak.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Also, why only send two receivers to the endzone on 3rd & 13?
Cuz it leaves more WRs for those sweet, sweet underneath and horizontal routes that have little to no chance of getting a first down or TD. That's why. :yess:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Why? Why play it safe? Why not go for the td?
I've seen the pre-determined target stuff in practice...no scanning the field, no read1, 2 or 3....just, I'm going here, then throw....no real reason...unless they expect pressure & this is their hot read.... IDK

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Looking at some of top QBs in the league on the all-22 as well.
You'd be surprised how common missing open reads really is.

Yup it happens a lot.

The real problem I have with the vids is that he has time, in both clips they were only rushing 3. I know that means a lot of bodies in the secondary but why rush the ball out. Someone may shake free.

IMO this is him following orders, protect the ball as much as possible and especially in the red zone.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yup it happens a lot.

The real problem I have with the vids is that he has time, in both clips they were only rushing 3. I know that means a lot of bodies in the secondary but why rush the ball out. Someone may shake free.

IMO this is him following orders, protect the ball as much as possible and especially in the red zone.
Could be following orders. I don't think it's fair for any of us to rain down on Keenum unless we know what the situation is. Could be his own fault, could be what he sees in pre-snap, could be what he sees immediately post-snap, could be the play design, could be called in, could be a discussion in the huddle, could be anything. But you're right. Happens to all of them. Now, all that said, I'm SURE they're discussing this in meetings and film review, and they're pointing to what could have been. Someone's gonna own these.