All-22 Breakdown of Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
I saw these articles posted on Reddit by an Eagles fan. I haven't had a chance to go through all of them yet, but they look pretty good.

Foles manipulating defenses in 2013
Nick Foles ability to throw receivers open
Nick Foles highlights against Skins game, some sick throws in this one
Examining Foles mechanics against Cardinals. Had some ups and downs this game

Nick Foles making plays under pressure in 2013. Highlight video of Foles making plays in pressure situations

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmEsU6vielE

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, his highlights for 2013-14 was much more than Bradfords, so there's that.. LOL

But from the video alone, he looks like he could get the job done for us, but then again it's a highlight video.

He does have some good escapability though.

Cygnus

Bringer of Balance
Name
Cygnus
Well, his highlights for 2013-14 was much more than Bradfords, so there's that.. LOL

But from the video alone, he looks like he could get the job done for us, but then again it's a highlight video.

He does have some good escapability though.
I noticed that too!

WvuIN02

Starter
He throws guys open....a lot...and has very good pocket awareness which is definitely better than SB imo. Weaker arm it seems and doesnt have the prettiest of passes all the time, but he finds guys who are open. Losing Jackson was a huge blow to their offense, and their OL was terrible as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I like it.

I'm not getting into any debate that is built upon the premise that one QB is vastly superior than the other. Those go nowhere. I'm just looking forward to all of the supporting players on offense finally getting their shit together and Cignetti trotting out an offense that utilizes the strengths of all players while keeping the pressure off of the QB in terms of overloading him with tons of jargon. Sandlot ball, baby. Just line up and get the ball in the hands of the guys who can do the most damage.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Although it is a highlight video, I'm liking this trade even more. First, he stands tall in the pocket. If need be he has surprising mobility for a guy his size. I didn't know that about him. Next, most of the plays in the highlight were not to guys like Jackson, Maclin or McCoy. They were to Cooper, Avant and his TEs. I'll take our guys over the likes of Cooper and crew. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he can do with guys like Bailey, Cook and Austin in this new offense.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Impressed with his escapability and his arm strength. He's tall yet very mobile. I'm excited to see what he can do with our receivers, especially if we can add a guy like White or Cooper!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like it.

I'm not getting into any debate that is built upon the premise that one QB is vastly superior than the other. Those go nowhere. I'm just looking forward to all of the supporting players on offense finally getting their crap together and Cignetti trotting out an offense that utilizes the strengths of all players while keeping the pressure off of the QB in terms of overloading him with tons of jargon. Sandlot ball, baby. Just line up and get the ball in the hands of the guys who can do the most damage.
Couple questions though .
Who are the Rams wearing #9 ?? Was it Kemp ? There was a nice QB there with a that Jersey.Strike year ? People forget about owners in the NFL that were bad people.Look at what the players have to fight for.You get a guy like Bradford who was given everything,& Foles who has earned it.(I front load his contract & get a extension right now).$13 mill vs 1.8.
Didn't mean to do that.
2nd question is what NFL QB legend does Nick Foles remind you of ?

beej

Rookie
I like it.

I'm not getting into any debate that is built upon the premise that one QB is vastly superior than the other. Those go nowhere. I'm just looking forward to all of the supporting players on offense finally getting their crap together and Cignetti trotting out an offense that utilizes the strengths of all players while keeping the pressure off of the QB in terms of overloading him with tons of jargon. Sandlot ball, baby. Just line up and get the ball in the hands of the guys who can do the most damage.
I agree. Seems to me the question you have to ask is a little more general. Not is he better than Bradford, Is he better than Bradfords backups. If the answer to that is yes, then we are a better team going forward. Now we just need someone to keep him upright. 6'5" 245lbs doesn't seem like much horizontally, vertically it looks pretty good.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I like it.

I don't think that's a debate that can even be discussed at this point. We've yet to see the best of Sam Bradford, and we may never see that, and we've seen the best of Foles but aren't sure how close to that he can be going forward.

What can't be debated is cap savings and the ability to better build around the QB now. I hope both QBs are in the Pro Bowl in 2015.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
He is a tough dude! Watched a lot of Eagles because Foles was my fantasy QB the last two years. I saw him take some huge hits last year and get right back up. I was actually surprised he made it as long as he did. I like him. Philly protection was a trainwreck last year but Foles has shown he can be very efficient with I think only 2 picks in all of 2013. Let's go Rams!!!!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Impressed with his escapability and his arm strength. He's tall yet very mobile. I'm excited to see what he can do with our receivers, especially if we can add a guy like White or Cooper!

Give me Cooper over White all day. I want the established route runner over the top speed. Add Coopper along with Barks, and a C from Free agency and we'll take off.