All 2017 Sparq scores ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Keep in mind these scores may be adjusted some as they work thru campus NFL Day work-outs

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I looked into Robert Davis, and I wasn't impressed by his film.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sparq isn't a draft order, but analytic breakdown acquired from various measurables, from the Combine and other workouts. You can scroll right to open the page.

http://www.thefootballeducator.com/sparq-creating-spark-nfl-player-evaluations/

Snead seems to lean on these scores a bit. He has mentioned them once or twice in past interviews. I think they are just like a condensed version of combine results and should be used to confirm thoughts, good or bad, on prospects. Football IQ and production still hold as much value obviously.

However taking a less experienced, high Sparq score player in late rounds can be a good way to develop depth.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mitch Leidner making top five for QBs is interesting. I figured he would generate some interest. Learner was a good QB in Minnesota. He certainly made them much more competitive than usual.

I thought Calvin Cook and Donald Pumphrey would be at the top for RBs

Say Jones and Chris Godwin right in the top four for WRs. No surprise.

There are a bunch of good TEs rated very high. My favorite, Engram, not surprisingly near the top, along with Njoku

Pocic is the highest rated center by a good margin. I thought Elflein would be up near the top.

Kpassanon leading DL is no surpluses

I never would have guessed that Vince Beigel would be higher than McMillan.

Three press CBs that may be on the board in round 2, that I like a lot are near the topPing, Moreau and Awuzi

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Mitch Leidner making top five for QBs is interesting. I figured he would generate some interest. Learner was a good QB in Minnesota. He certainly made them much more competitive than usual.

I thought Calvin Cook and Donald Pumphrey would be at the top for RBs

Say Jones and Chris Godwin right in the top four for WRs. No surprise.

There are a bunch of good TEs rated very high. My favorite, Engram, not surprisingly near the top, along with Njoku

Pocic is the highest rated center by a good margin. I thought Elflein would be up near the top.

Kpassanon leading DL is no surpluses

I never would have guessed that Vince Beigel would be higher than McMillan.

Three press CBs that may be on the board in round 2, that I like a lot are near the topPing, Moreau and Awuzi
Yeah, mentioned in another thread that Njoku & Moreau were at the top of my list of hopefuls which slide to us in the top of the 2'nd. Most if not all of my mocks have Kpassagnon in the 3'rd. Njoku & Kpassagnon would be a coup for our first two picks imo. Only 39 and a half more days and we'll have some real results.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't really get the Awuzie love. I get liking him in the 3rd to 4th round range, but the 2nd is too early. He has a nice athletic skill-set, is versatile, and is willing to stick his nose in, but he got beat way too often to be a 2nd round pick in this class.

I also don't see Kevin King as a 2nd round pick. He'll go there because of his size and athleticism, but he doesn't have 2nd round film. He grabs to compensate for his instincts not being great at this point in time. He has a lot of potential, but he'll get flagged like crazy if you start him as a rookie imo.

As for Moreau, he makes more sense as a 2nd than the other guys. But he's not at the top of my board in the 2nd. He's a great athlete and his instincts are better than they should be considering his experience level, but he's not the same caliber of player in coverage as Gareon Conley, Jourdan Lewis, and Ahkello Witherspoon. He doesn't have the route recognition skills, drive on the football, and natural ability to mirror that those guys have. I'd consider him more like Cordrea Tankersley. He's insanely athletic but gives up more separation than he should at the top of the route because he is a split second slow when it comes to processing the route. That's understandable considering his lack of experience.

My issue is that at the top of the 2nd, you can get Gareon Conley. He's every bit the athlete that Moreau is. Hell, at the top of the 3rd, you can likely get Jourdan Lewis or Ahkello Witherspoon. IMO, Witherspoon is every bit the athlete that Moreau is. Problem is that Witherspoon doesn't tackle like Moreau.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@jrry32 do you really think Conley last to round 2? I say I like Moreau and the others because I think they are the best of what will be left after round 1

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 do you really think Conley last to round 2? I say I like Moreau and the others because I think they are the best of what will be left after round 1

He seems to be the on the borderline. With the Sidney Jones injury, he might jump into Round 1. It's hard to say with total certainty.