Alex Smith trade effectively done

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
They got the Chiefs 2nd round pick? They completely stole that pick, that's essentially a first round pick. This is not good for us, I don't want the whiners able to accumulate any more talent.

nighttrain

Legend
we still got two 1st from the Skins, and i look for next year to be more than difficult for RGIII..gonna have to learn to read D's, Not first look and run..Or he's one and done..no good old running QB's, and he's already had his first injury
train

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Jesus H.... a 2nd rounder +.

Sounds like the chiefs BELIEVED they were in a "real" bidding war. ?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Damn,a 2nd rd pick + a conditional? Probably too steep for KC(IMO).
Smith had it good behind that line in Frisco,but he's probably the best QB option out there so maybe a solid move for the Chiefs.....which leads me to the Cardinals.

What the fuck is that organization doing? If they were(or weren't) in the mix they simply must swallow a giant spoonful of FAIL.
Its been four seasons since Kurt Warner gave that organization a blip of success on ther historic radar of failure.
Warner is irreplacable, granted,but what a joke its been for them to even get a legit QB in there since KW left.
No OLine...no QB and weak pass rushers.

I find it amusingly funny. Keep on drafting WR's,CB's and RB's Arizona. :tooth:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
it just goes to show you how weak they think this qb class is. Still no excuse for giving that pick up.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
mojorizen7 said:
Smith had it good behind that line in Frisco,but he's probably the best QB option out there so maybe a solid move for the Chiefs.....which leads me to the Cardinals.

What the fuck is that organization doing? If they were(or weren't) in the mix they simply must swallow a giant spoonful of FAIL.
Its been four seasons since Kurt Warner gave that organization a blip of success on ther historic radar of failure.
Warner is irreplacable, granted,but what a joke its been for them to even get a legit QB in there since KW left.

If it took at least a 2nd round pick and a condtional 2nd round pick for a team in the other conference, imagine how much Arizona would have to give up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Angry Ram said:
mojorizen7 said:

If it took at least a 2nd round pick and a condtional 2nd round pick for a team in the other conference, imagine how much Arizona would have to give up.
Good point,but damn...as ya'll know QB's are at premium. You've got to go out and overpay for 'em in FA or via trade, or hope your team sucks enough to draft one in the top 5. They aren't cheap.

AZ needs one BADLY that can step right in and manufacture offense by getting the ball to all those skill guys.

Now they're going to have to look to draft one outside the top 10. Not an enviable position.

I just wish Larry Fitzgerald would get frustrated enough to leave town and get himself into the Horns. :bg:
What a waste of a WR there.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
There are also rumours that the Chiefs are hitting the FA market with force and are also after Darrelle Revis... where the Chiefs could use the No. 1 pick as bait and get Revis, who played for new Kansas City defensive coordinator Bob Sutton in New York, and the No. 9 pick in return, and target either Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson with the 9... that's not too bad a trade :s

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I guess... the more I think about it...

Alex Smith is worth a 2nd.

I mean; KC doesn't have a QB. They need one. Smith is proven. No NFL learning curve. Good to go starter.

In a QB driven league; KC has filled the biggest hole on their team for a 2nd rounder. Not bad.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We thought we had it made last year?

The 49ers now have (after their comps) a 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7 in the draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:

The 49ers now have (after their comps) a 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7 in the draft.

Okay... seriously? They have that many picks? :grr:

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
I guess... the more I think about it...

Alex Smith is worth a 2nd.

I mean; KC doesn't have a QB. They need one. Smith is proven. No NFL learning curve. Good to go starter.

In a QB driven league; KC has filled the biggest hole on their team for a 2nd rounder. Not bad.
that's just how i look at this..
train

nighttrain

Legend
X said:

they look good 1 thru 4, but how many players do you really think they will get with all those 5-6-7's? are they worth our extra 1st round? dont think so my self.
train

…..

Legend
So...the stars are lining up for the sophomore slump to hit kapernick and the 9ers to have no answer

2013 Division Title- Rams

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Dog said:
So...the stars are lining up for the sophomore slump to hit kapernick and the 9ers to have no answer

2013 Division Title- Rams

THAT would be awesome!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wow, what a fucking dumbass move by the Chiefs. They're giving up a pick that could be considered a first rounder for Alex fucking Smith? I thought all of the stupidity regarding quarterbacks left the building when Pioli was fired. Guess I was wrong.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Memento said:
Wow, what a freaking dumbass move by the Chiefs. They're giving up a pick that could be considered a first rounder for Alex freaking Smith? I thought all of the stupidity regarding quarterbacks left the building when Pioli was fired. Guess I was wrong.

They need a QB.

What is a better option?

Retain Cassell?

Spend a high pick on Geno Smith?

Deal for Michael Vick?

I am not happy the 49'ers got a high 2nd, but I'm looking at the options the Chiefs had and this is a bad year to need a QB.

PhxRam

CGI_Ram said:
Memento said:
Wow, what a freaking dumbass move by the Chiefs. They're giving up a pick that could be considered a first rounder for Alex freaking Smith? I thought all of the stupidity regarding quarterbacks left the building when Pioli was fired. Guess I was wrong.

They need a QB.

What is a better option?

Retain Cassell?

Deal for Michael Vick?

I am not happy the 49'ers got a high 2nd, but I'm looking at the options the Chiefs had and this is a bad year to need a QB.

If you feel Alex Smith can take you to the next level, then the move makes absolute sense. Do they really think they are a mediocre QB away from the Super Bowl?

Personally I feel Smith is just a stopgap QB. I would have used those picks and built up the team and look for a QB later down the road.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
CGI_Ram said:
Memento said:

They need a QB.

What is a better option?

Retain Cassell?

Deal for Michael Vick?

I would've taken Geno Smith. The Chiefs need a good young quarterback if they want to compete and give fans hope, and Geno Smith is by far the best option. He's young, has plenty of room for improvement, and - in my opinion - is much more of a franchise quarterback than Cam Newton ever was. When is the last time that a team has won anything by going with a retread quarterback, particularly one who has been nothing short of a disappointment for his entire career? And they gave up their second round pick to do that trade. They could've used that second round pick to draft a wideout to replace Bowe or draft one of the two tight ends to give G. Smith a weapon and to help Charles in the running game. Now they'll have to draft Joeckel or Fisher, they won't get a chance at a weapon until the third round, and the fans, like I've been saying all along, will burn down the whole fucking city because they were stupid enough not to go in a different direction and go with a youth movement when nothing else was working.

The Chiefs have talent. They're not the Jaguars or Raiders; they have some talented young players on their roster. This was a bad year for them, even worse than a normal number one overall campaign. I thought that the only thing that was truly missing from the picture was a great quarterback. Alex Smith is not a great quarterback, and he will not succeed in KC. Their fans are much harsher and much less sympathetic than San Fran's, and they will rip him apart.

It's an incredibly stupid, short-sighted decision, and it could cost them dearly in both the short-term and the long-term.