Alec Ogletree - Under the Lights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[stl]8edd386d-a8e1-43fb-a740-1f51553b22b8[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Under-the-Lights-Alec-Ogletree/8edd386d-a8e1-43fb-a740-1f51553b22b8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 51553b22b8</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I trust Fisher and Snead on Ogletree.

This kid could be lights out good. I'm excited to see him flying around on the field!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ogletree has familiar echoes for Fisher

Mike Sando
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/98394/ogletree-has-familiar-echoes-for-fisher" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... for-fisher</a>

Jeff Fisher-coached teams have twice used the 30th pick in a draft for an athletic linebacker with experience playing safety.

It happened when the Tennessee Titans selected Keith Bulluck in 2000. It happened again when the St. Louis Rams selected Alec Ogletree this year.

"There are a lot of similarities when you watch him on tape," Fisher told reporters after selecting Ogletree. "Long arms, quickness, slippery, can take on, can tackle sideline-to-sideline. Very explosive player. That's a by-product of his safety background."

Bulluck became a mainstay of the Titans' defense, starting 128 games in 10 seasons with the team. He earned Pro Bowl honors for the 2003 season. He earned Associated Press All-Pro honors in 2003 (first team) and 2007 (second team). The Pro Football Writers of America voted him first-team All-Pro in 2003 and 2007.

Bulluck, listed at nearly 6-foot-3 and 244 pounds coming out of college, finished his career with 18 sacks and 21 interceptions.

Ogletree measured 6-2 1/2 and 242 pounds. Like Bulluck, he played safety early in his college career before converting to linebacker.

Fisher and Rams general manager Les Snead said they though Ogletree could have been selected among the top 10 or 15 overall selections had he not been suspended more than once for issues unrelated to football, including violations of the substance-abuse policy at Georgia.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
The Dude said:
Ogletree has familiar echoes for Fisher

Mike Sando
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/98394/ogletree-has-familiar-echoes-for-fisher" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... for-fisher</a>

Jeff Fisher-coached teams have twice used the 30th pick in a draft for an athletic linebacker with experience playing safety.

It happened when the Tennessee Titans selected Keith Bulluck in 2000. It happened again when the St. Louis Rams selected Alec Ogletree this year.

"There are a lot of similarities when you watch him on tape," Fisher told reporters after selecting Ogletree. "Long arms, quickness, slippery, can take on, can tackle sideline-to-sideline. Very explosive player. That's a by-product of his safety background."

Bulluck became a mainstay of the Titans' defense, starting 128 games in 10 seasons with the team. He earned Pro Bowl honors for the 2003 season. He earned Associated Press All-Pro honors in 2003 (first team) and 2007 (second team). The Pro Football Writers of America voted him first-team All-Pro in 2003 and 2007.

Bulluck, listed at nearly 6-foot-3 and 244 pounds coming out of college, finished his career with 18 sacks and 21 interceptions.

Ogletree measured 6-2 1/2 and 242 pounds. Like Bulluck, he played safety early in his college career before converting to linebacker.

Fisher and Rams general manager Les Snead said they though Ogletree could have been selected among the top 10 or 15 overall selections had he not been suspended more than once for issues unrelated to football, including violations of the substance-abuse policy at Georgia.

Dude, I can't get any of the vids you post to load over here..But they load at the other site?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Video worked for me.

Quote I loved: "It's either me or you. You're going to have to show ME something..."

RamsNation

Rookie
This kid has the potential to be something special.His lateral movement ability is just unreal.Hopefully we get him doing what he's good at and use his skills the best way possible,rather than try to make him something he isn't just to fit.He is great in space and on the move,not running in between the trenches.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Strong side LBs combined for something like 79 tackles, 2 sacks and 1 INT last year. This kid has the potential to make those plays and so much more on his own. This defense is primed to make a jump into the Top 5, no joke.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
He's going to neutralize the QBs in the NFC West!!!!!! That is why he was drafted by the Rams and that is exactly what he is going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jap

Legend
Jo-Lunn Dunbar took out Alex Smith last year. So the '9ers and 'Hawks know it's not wise to run to that side. With 'Tree aboard the U.S.S. Rams, his side looks at least equally unsafe. :twisted: :ww:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
jap said:
Jo-Lunn Dunbar took out Alex Smith last year. So the '9ers and 'Hawks know it's not wise to run to that side. With 'Tree aboard the U.S.S. Rams, his side looks at least equally unsafe. :twisted: :ww:
Dunbar was an excellent aquisition last season. Underrated in terms of his value and attitude on the field IMO. And at 28 yrs old he's in his prime.

NICE

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
mojorizen7 said:
jap said:
Dunbar was an excellent aquisition last season. Underrated in terms of his value and attitude on the field IMO. And at 28 yrs old he's in his prime.

NICE

I'm with you mojorizen7.

Dunbar, JL, and Ogletree... Luscious.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
One thing that would kill the Rams D last year was when a play broke down, they had no LB or S who could make a big time play on guys like Kaepernick or Wilson. Ogletree has the athleticism to run them down and blow them up. He is a perfect missing piece for the Rams D.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
max said:
One thing that would kill the Rams D last year was when a play broke down, they had no LB or S who could make a big time play on guys like Kaepernick or Wilson. Ogletree has the athleticism to run them down and blow them up. He is a perfect missing piece for the Rams D.
Yeah, I think that was the plan all along.

Similarly, I'll bet AZ drafted honeybadger specifically to cover Austin/Bailey/Harvin/etc...

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The Dude said:
max said:

Similarly, I'll bet AZ drafted honeybadger specifically to cover Austin/Bailey/Harvin/etc...

Good point. I wouldn't trust him to last past the preseason, though.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The Dude said:
max said:

Right, he'll be their Cortland. Strong slot playmaker. Have to say, if they can keep him out of trouble he's a hell of a pick.

Even though Austin tore his ass up in college.

WvuIN02

Starter
I personally think this kid is a better prospect than Jarvis Jones if he can keep out of trouble. His pursuit and safety background make him a perfect prototype for todays NFL, and he is a needed asset in the Rams division with QBs like Kaepernick and Wilson.

I think the Rams had the best draft of any team this year, hands down.

jap

Legend
WvuIN02 said:
I personally think this kid is a better prospect than Jarvis Jones if he can keep out of trouble. His pursuit and safety background make him a perfect prototype for todays NFL, and he is a needed asset in the Rams division with QBs like Kaepernick and Wilson.

The media and the masses won't believe that until we win the Show. :ww:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
jap said:

The media and the masses won't believe that until we win the Show. :ww:[/quote]

But do you CARE?

jap

Legend
RamFan503 said:
jap said:
WvuIN02 said:
The media and the masses won't believe that until we win the Show. :ww:

But do you CARE?

The media and masses are deaf, dumb, and blind as to what is really happening in most cases in football or sports in general.

Haven't you read some of the epistles I have written this draft? There is a real chance we could go pretty deep this year, maybe even end up at the Show. It all depends on how quickly these talented young kids integrate their collective skills sets.