Alec Ogletree, Conference Call, 4-25-13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
(On what the night has been like)
“It’s been a crazy, exciting night. I’ve been waiting to hear my name all night. The Rams decided to take a chance on me. It’s just a blessing for me, so I’m very excited.”

(On if he expected to be picked higher)
“I was just hoping to have my named called. That’s all I wanted. Where I went didn’t really matter. I was just looking for the chance to get my name called and it happened.”

(On if he thinks he would have been selected higher if he didn’t deal with off the field issues)
“I’m sure I probably would have had a lot better standing as far as where I stood with the teams if that wouldn’t have happened, but like I said, I’m blessed at this point right now to get the call from the Rams. It’s just a blessing.”

(On what he told the Rams about his off the field issues)
“I was young and dumb and made mistakes in my life. I’m just ready to move forward and start this new chapter in my life.”

(On if he feels he has something to prove)
“I do have to try and build my name back up to make it better than what’s it been. I can definitely say that.”

(On what he knows about the Rams defense)
“I’m not totally sure about the whole defense, but I do know some stuff about it. I took my visit up there and met with the coaches, and they really like me. They took a chance on me and I’m just ready to come in and ready to work at whatever position they want me to play.”

(On how the visit with the Rams went)
“It was great. I got to meet pretty much everybody that works there for the organization. I had a great experience up there meeting them. Like I said, just truly blessed to have them pick me.”

(On how much experience he has at outside linebacker)
“Well, I’ve got a little bit of both inside and outside, so I’d say maybe a year at the most.”

(On how he feels about playing outside linebacker)
“Like I said, I’ll be happy to play any position that they want me to play. It’s a blessing.”

(On what he does best on the field)
“I think I just make plays out on the field. I don’t want to say I have just one dominant thing I’d like to do, but I just try to be a football player and make plays.”

(On if he is a run-and-chase linebacker)
“I feel like I’m versatile. I do a lot of things. That’s just how I consider myself, just a playmaker.”

(On if he’s up to the challenge of chasing Seattle QB Russell Wilson and San Francisco QB Colin Kaepernick)
“I’m definitely up for the challenge.”

(On who was on the line when he received the phone call that he was being drafted and what he was told)
“I just talked to Coach Fisher and he called and told me he wanted me to be a Ram and I could barely hear him because my family was all screaming in my ear, but it was a great moment.”

(On not wanting to wait until Friday to be selected)
“No I didn’t want to wait until Friday. It happened today, and I’m just truly blessed for them to call me.”

(On if his time playing safety will help him at all)
“It does as far as covering schemes and just being able to see everything in front of you. The way I played, I pretty much knew everything. I worked with the linebackers a lot, so when I moved it was pretty much an easy transition.”