Aldon Smith suspended indefinitely by 49ers.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
<a class="postlink" href="http://fansided.com/2013/09/22/aldon-smith-suspended-san-francisco-49ers-indefinitely/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fansided.com/2013/09/22/aldon-sm ... efinitely/</a>

The San Francisco 49ers made a puzzling decision to play linebacker Aldon Smith, despite reports that he would soon be entering a rehab facility, but they went forward with their plans and announced after the game that their stud defender would not be available for the Thursday night match up against the St. Louis Rams.

According to 49ers CEO Jed York, Smith has been suspended indefinitely.

Another interesting note following the game is that Smith’s locker at Candlestick Park is “completely empty.” according to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com.

Photos that surfaced of Smith’s post-game interviews with the media show that his locker was indeed cleaned and that his name tag was even removed from the locker. This all comes just one day and a half after Smith was arrested on suspicion of DUI and marijuana possession. It was his second DUI arrest in just two years.

Smith is now expected to enter a substance abuse program, but the league could still step in and hand out a suspension of their own.

fearsomefour

Legend
That sigh of relief you heard was from the Rams line. There is no reason the Rams cant win the game Thursday if they eliminate big runs from Kap and run the ball themselves.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Good. 49ers are probably pissed about losing to the Colts. Let's make sure they're firmly in 3rd place on Thursday.

Lesson

Oh, really?
After Sunday’s loss to the Colts, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh wouldn’t say whether linebacker Aldon Smith will play Thursday night against the Rams.

Harbaugh’s boss has now addressed the issue instead: The 49ers have announced that, according to CEO Jed York, Smith will not face the Rams.

The 49ers haven’t given a reason for the absence, but it likely means he’ll be entering rehab for alcohol abuse. Smith was arrested for suspicion of DUI on Friday, the second alcohol-related incident of his three-year NFL career.

Smith played extensively on Sunday, registering five tackles but no sacks.

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/22/49ers-announce-aldon-smith-wont-play-thursday-night/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... day-night/</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Dungy just said on Football Night in America; Harbaugh made a mistake playing Smith. Could have sent a message to the team.

He said that's what he would have done.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:
Good.

Fuck that guy.

As a Mizzou fan, I agree. Fuck that guy. I hope his ass gets thrown in prison where he belongs.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Memento said:
X said:
Good.

freak that guy.

As a Mizzou fan, I agree. freak that guy. I hope his ass gets thrown in prison where he belongs.

Gee. I hope he gets the help he needs. :huh:

On a side note, it appears that Patrick Willis left the game with a groin pull. I wonder if he'll be ready Thursday.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Memento said:
X said:
Good.

freak that guy.

As a Mizzou fan, I agree. freak that guy. I hope his ass gets thrown in prison where he belongs.

On a side note, it appears that Patrick Willis left the game with a groin pull. I wonder if he'll be ready Thursday.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
fearsomefour said:
That sigh of relief you heard was from the Rams line. There is no reason the Rams cant win the game Thursday if they eliminate big runs from Kap and run the ball themselves.

I'm gonna take the opposite approach and say there is no reason the Rams should win if they give Boldin a 7 yard cushion every snap and give V. Davis free reign to do whatever he wants against wants. Sorry fellas... that game today really has me low. I don't trust our coaches to call a good game for 4 quarters, they haven't so far.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well if there ever was a time to "seize the oppurtunity" it's this week. The Rams' problems are all on field stuff.

Really a crossroads for the season here. They can either take care of bitness or allow SF to "regain their identity."

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Memphis Ram said:
Memento said:
X said:
Good.

freak that guy.

I have absolutely no sympathy for people who drive drunk. None. I could go on a full-blown rant on how much I hate drunk driving, but I don't particularly feel like preaching right now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Memento said:
I have absolutely no sympathy for people who drive drunk. None. I could go on a full-blown rant on how much I hate drunk driving, but I don't particularly feel like preaching right now.

Me either Memento.

It's even more absurd for millionaires, who have unlimited resources, to do it.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
In an ESPN article..

Niners or Goodell cannot suspend him

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9708209/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-indefinitely

League officials confirmed to ESPN that under the collective bargaining agreement and the league's substance-abuse policy, the 49ers could not suspend Smith. Even though commissioner Roger Goodell has emphatically stressed that DUI violations are high-level concerns, he also cannot suspend Smith under the personal conduct policy because the most recent case still must be adjudicated.

nighttrain

Legend
Angry Ram said:
Well if there ever was a time to "seize the oppurtunity" it's this week. The Rams' problems are all on field stuff.

Really a crossroads for the season here. They can either take care of bitness or allow SF to "regain their identity."
And also time to re-establish our own identity. Is our defense going to be soft all year or step up? OL ? Coach Lou must get these guys ready.
train

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm lost with this post from the link. Did he mean to write for getting blasted? :lol: Was the Pope forgetting to bless them? Whatever...........

Sep 22, 2013 8:06 PM

I’m glad he got to play today. Now there are no excuses forgetting blessed in their own house by the Colts. Now, off to rehab to paint sad clowns and write some nice poetry. :boing:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamsSince1969 said:
I'm lost with this post from the link. Did he mean to write for getting blasted? :lol: Was the Pope forgetting to bless them? Whatever...........

Sep 22, 2013 8:06 PM

I’m glad he got to play today. Now there are no excuses forgetting blessed in their own house by the Colts. Now, off to rehab to paint sad clowns and write some nice poetry. :boing:
Is that an auto-correct fail? lol.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
For your information Here's Aldon Smith back up replacement...Corey Lemonier 6-3 260. he was the 9ers 3rd round pick.

Analysis
Strengths
Long-limbed end with a nice motor and a strong overall build with room to grow. Plays on both sides of the formation. Stands up at times. Showcases a good first step. Also flashes agility to drop into a zone and attack ballcarriers coming into his area. Can threaten outside shoulders of average linemen, and works an impressive rip move on the outside. Has strength and long arms to separate the ball from any ballcarrier. Works hard throughout each play, chasing plays to the sideline when needed and crashing inside for a secondary rush if stopped in his initial upfield move. Works well on twists inside, closes hard and gets into passing lanes if unable to reach the quarterback. Strong arm extension to knock back and shed linemen or tight ends in the run game. Good vision through traffic and hustle to reach the ball. Frame makes him susceptible to cut blocks, but he recovers quite well, gets back into the play to make a stop with pure effort.

Weaknesses
Does not have a powerful build. Lacks great snap awareness. Looks to be stiff in the hips, and is not always flexible enough to bend the edge. Weak hands, doesn't deliever a blow on contact with the offensive lineman. Better tackles get a push against him on drive-blocks due to that leggy build. Struggles to separate when an offensive lineman engages into his chest.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/corey-lemonier?id=2540172" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2540172</a>