Aldon Smith suspended for 1 year/Signs new deal with Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
How can you even enjoy an illegal substance knowing there's a great chance it will cost you a fortune?

I don't get it.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How can you even enjoy an illegal substance knowing there's a great chance it will cost you a fortune?

I don't get it.

I dunno, man. Probably the same way you run a dog fighting ring and expect to never be found out.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/17/nfl-suspends-aldon-smith-for-one-year/

NFL suspends Aldon Smith for one year
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 17, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwixngnmnznmm2u0yzcwmtcxyji2zwnkntjjyzaxodhh-e1442193122770.jpeg
AP

The NFL has lowered the hammer on Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith.

Smith is suspended for one year, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

During his time with the 49ers, Smith had a number of issues related to substance abuse and off-field misconduct. The 49ers cut him in August after he was arrested for DUI, hit and run and vandalism, but the NFL did not immediately suspend him and the Raiders signed him.

Smith has played in all nine games for the Raiders this season, but now he’ll be ineligible to play until November of 2016.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can't BELIEVE the Raiduhs signed him... oh wait... never mind.

jjab360

Legend

I don't get it.
Why do men cheat knowing that there's a great chance it will cost them their family?

It makes them feel good and they think they're smart enough to not get caught.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Just when you thought Aldon Smith couldn't possibly get any dumber...

image.jpeg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-reach-deal-with-still-suspended-aldon-smith/

Report: Raiders reach deal with still-suspended Aldon Smith
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 4, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpta1nwfkztlmotlmyjezowq0m2q4zdk1otiwyjcxownl-e1447808618334.jpeg
AP

The Raiders were willing to give Aldon Smith a chance, knowing he’d miss some time.

They’re willing to do it again.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the suspended pass-rusher has agreed to a new deal with the Raiders, and is at the team facility trying to finalize it.

Smith was an unrestricted free agent, but there wasn’t much of a hurry to sign him since he’s suspended for a year and won’t be eligible for reinstatement until November.

Smith had 3.5 sacks during his nine-game audition with the Raiders last season, but was one of the dominant pass-rushers in the game prior to that, with 42.0 in his first 43 games.

The Raiders are trying to help Smith through the myriad off-field problems that have plagued him, and have tried to support him though he won’t be able to help them much this year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't you usually wait to get signed by the Raiders before you get suspended?

Psycho_X

Legend

Raiders are just skipping the formality at this point. Sign em while they are suspended and they don't cost as much as if you sign them before a suspension.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This was fully expected and is based on last years conduct, right?

I don't blame Oakland for thinking down the road - they dont pay him while suspended anyway.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
He would be better off being a wife beater or child abuser as far as suspension time goes. Crazy.....

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I think the Raiders are going to be a playoff team once they have Mack/Smith rushing the passer and Carr to Cooper leading the offense.... scary team.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Actually @X the sophisticated marketing folks over at Raider Nation realize:
  • For every player suspension 18 new pairs of spiked shoulder pads will be sold.
  • For ever dumb Ray Ray player signed 23 people will sell their elderly mothers car and buy season tickets.
  • For every Raider DUI 56 more fans will show up early to get hammered before the games.
:burp:"Wooooo! Da Raidaaaahhhs!

It's all in the numbers man.