Aldon Smith facing 3 felony weapons charges

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nbcbayarea/status/388008052303343616[/tweet]

Sources told the NBC Bay Area Investigative Unit the Santa Clara County District Attorney has filed three felony charges of possession of assault weapons against 49ers All-Pro linebacker Aldon Smith. The charges stem from a 2012 house party hosted by Smith where he was stabbed and two others were shot.

Smith is currently on “indefinite leave” from the 49ers after San Jose Police arrested him at 7 a.m. on Sept. 20 on suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of marijuana.

That arrest came about two weeks after the NBC Bay Investigative Unit first broke details of two civil lawsuits against Smith after two guests at his party were shot last June.

The lawsuit never claims Smith was the shooter but does want to hold him responsible because the injured guests were shot at his 8,000-square-foot home in the foothills east of San Jose.

Details of the civil suit accuse Smith of firing weapons and owning illegal firearms. The lawsuits said Smith’s party was advertised on the Internet and ended with guests running from his house after a series of shots were fired.

After his DUI arrest, Smith still played in a Sept. 22 game against the Indianapolis Colts, where the 49ers lost, 27-7.

Following the game, Smith addressed the media: "I will do everything in my power to make sure this never happens again. I also want to let everyone know that I'm sorry."

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Gangster gets full ride to play football at a D-1 school.

Stays out of trouble while in school.

Gets drafted in first round of NFL draft.

Gets paid million of dollars.

Goes back to being a gangster.

Why am I not suprised? It could be because the whole NFL is full of thugs. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good young men, but it's also plagued by guys like this. Headlined by Aaron Hernandez.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Making the MU look bad Aldon.

Thanks a bunch ya thug. Best thing out of this is that we probably won't have to see him again for a loooooooooooongggggggg time.

Psycho_X

Legend
After the fallout of the Hernandez debacle the NFL and law enforcement will make an example of Smith. At least he's a whiner I suppose.

V3

Hall of Fame
ChrisW said:

Why am I not suprised? It could be because the whole NFL is full of thugs. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good young men, but it's also plagued by guys like this. Headlined by Aaron Hernandez.

Is there any proof that he was a gangster before going to college or are you just saying that?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
V3 said:
ChrisW said:

Is there any proof that he was a gangster before going to college or are you just saying that?

So you think having the weapons in his house and opening fire on people at a house party is a new revelation?

How about getting arrest for a DUI/pot?

It's like connect the dots, all you have to do is follow the instructions.

iced

ChrisW said:
V3 said:
ChrisW said:

So you think having the weapons in his house and opening fire on people at a house party is a new revelation?

you really think aldon opened fire on people yet he's being sued for just having the house party and the plaintiff claimed he wasn't doing the shooting...

maybe it's just me but my definition of opening fire on people is a lot different then randomly shooting off a gun or if someone else was doing it... if there was an attempted mass murder he would have never gotten a DUI - he'd have been behind bars

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
iced said:
ChrisW said:
V3 said:
ChrisW said:

you really think aldon opened fire on people yet he's being sued for just having the house party and the plaintiff claimed he wasn't doing the shooting...

maybe it's just me but my definition of opening fire on people is a lot different then randomly shooting off a gun or if someone else was doing it... if there was an attempted mass murder he would have never gotten a DUI - he'd have been behind bars

If you shoot a gun with people present in an attempt to get them to disperse that's opening fire on a crowd. Just because you didn't target anyone doesn't change anything.

V3

Hall of Fame
ChrisW said:
V3 said:
ChrisW said:

I try not to make assumptions about certain topics in life. If I'm accusing someone of something, I prefer to know that what I'm saying is the truth.

If you want to, go ahead. I was just wondering if it was a known fact that I missed about him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'll never understand "guys" who are handed it all and throw it all away.

It's... just...

Dumb.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
ChrisW said:

the nfl grew out of heavy mafia influence. we should not be surprised at all when this kind of stuff becomes public. too bad it only the players who get targeted by the justice system.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Not saying my story relates in a significant way, but I know what withdraws and substance abuse is like....being a gangster no way. That being said, regardless if he is a 40 whiner or not I feel for the guy. Right now he is probably in the depths of depression and there is a lot of self loathing going on, let me tell ya. I really hope he does his time, gets clean and straightens out his life regardless of football...it's the best choice I ever made and I hope he sees it's the best choice for him as well.

My heart goes out to you Aldon....but Faulk the Whiners!!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Dr.RamsFanCK with empathy for the fallen:
I really hope he does his time, gets clean and straightens out his life regardless of football...it's the best choice I ever made and I hope he sees it's the best choice for him as well.

I was court-martialed for possession of LSD and served 17 months in jail (5 months) and the retraining group (12 months) while serving in the Air Force. After successfully retraining into a different career field my felony was expunged from my record. I got my act together and had a very successful career. I hope he has the same success.

It takes quite a bit of will power though and not many are able to turn it around.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stranger said:
ChrisW said:

the nfl grew out of heavy mafia influence. we should not be surprised at all when this kind of stuff becomes public. too bad it only the players who get targeted by the justice system.

Are you joking here? NFL players get away with committing crimes that would put you or me in jail for years. And I bet Smith gets nothing but some fines for the several felonies and misdemeanors he has committed in the last year.

I doubt if the NFL grew out of heavy mafia influence.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
ChrisW said:
iced said:
ChrisW said:
V3 said:
ChrisW said:

If you shoot a gun with people present in an attempt to get them to disperse that's opening fire on a crowd. Just because you didn't target anyone doesn't change anything.

Originally I thought I had read that he and a friend were randomly firing weapons in the air when other people at the party freaked out and thought they were being fired on and so drew weapons and started firing too. So the people who got shot were in the crossfire.

jap

Legend
Aldon and justin Smith have been getting away with felonies committed against our OL for years. I still can't see why the NFL never charged or even fined them. :roll: