Aldon Smith faces DUI charge in Florida

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MIAMI (AP) - San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith has been charged with driving under the influence in Miami Beach.

Miami-Dade County jail records show Smith was booked Saturday morning and held on $1,000 bond. Jail records did not show whether Smith was represented by an attorney.

A Miami-Dade County Corrections spokeswoman said Smith was arrested by Miami Beach police. A police spokesman said he had no information immediately available about the arrest.

Smith was drafted as the seventh overall draft pick in 2011. During his first season, he had 14 sacks, a franchise record for a rookie linebacker. He also ranked 1st in the NFL in sacks among rookies.

The 49ers did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Twice over the legal limit and will likely only face a one game suspension. I admit for whatever stupid reason I went thru a phase of driving home drunk countless times from a bar or party whether I pulled a hot chick or just felt like going home. I'm not proud of it my closest situation was driving back from river tubing. The only reason I passed and was let go after an hour of tests and another patrol car pulling up scared the shit out of me. I went with 4 chicks and they insisted the end point was further down and I ended up carrying two back over a mile which too forever but in all honesty saved me from a serious DUI. So 4 ditzy hot chicks can actually look out as good "karma". From that day froward I simply quit drinking. The shitty part of AZ in tr summer I quit drinking hours prior and felt sober driving the 5 hours in the baking sun also has a draining effect...bad combo-lesson learned.
I guess I went on a continuing random reply. Hey I'm baked and happy. :p
My bac was .06... Limit is .08 I was told I'm free to drive home and thanked me for being honest and passing all field tests.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm very disappointed in Aldon. I still respect him as a Mizzou player, but this is not a good thing.

Hopefully, this incident is like Leon Hall's, and Aldon learns from it.