Alden Gonzalez got the ESPN Rams job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like Gonzalez (Angels fan). Dude is a huge upgrade over Wags in my estimation.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if Waggoner got burned by the relocation drama, by taking sides? He's a Missouri guy, that was a fill in radio host of several guys at 101ESPN. He is a big friend of Rams hater, Bernie Miklasz. He had a definite take that the Rams shouldn't have moved. If he's not the Rams reporter, he gets a fresh reboot as a reporter for a team that he is familiar with, being a rival of the Rams, without the personal connections he had in St Louis. I am glad he is gone, just because I am tired of his point of view. We need someone fresh.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
With all that's going on in camp it's too bad he's not starting until the 15th.

View: https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/760992323731726336

He was a beat writer for MLB.com covering the Angels.

Good news.
NoSaltSmallNew.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like Gonzalez (Angels fan). Dude is a huge upgrade over Wags in my estimation.

Thanks. You answered my question before I could ask.

I wonder if Waggoner got burned by the relocation drama, by taking sides? He's a Missouri guy, that was a fill in radio host of several guys at 101ESPN. He is a big friend of Rams hater, Bernie Miklasz. He had a definite take that the Rams shouldn't have moved. If he's not the Rams reporter, he gets a fresh reboot as a reporter for a team that he is familiar with, being a rival of the Rams, without the personal connections he had in St Louis. I am glad he is gone, just because I am tired of his point of view. We need someone fresh.

I never thought Wagoner was very interesting, even years ago.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I don't know the first thing about Alden Gonzalez, but I trust the opinions of those who do.

Nick Wagoner was a nice guy. Too nice, maybe. If you know what I mean.

Too much pablum for my taste. Always followed the "company line", it seemed. That's fine if you're always in the mood for vanilla, although he did take the occasional jab at Fisher's W/L record.

I agree that it was a good time for a change. I hope Alden brings a bit more "sauce" to the coverage.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Looking forward to everything Alden Gonzalez can bring to the table as I believe he will be a breath of fresh air or as fresh as the air can get in the City of Angels.;)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Good riddance Jackwagon(er)....

@Selassie I that "nick" name will stick forever, haha. CWUTIDIDTHAR?

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know the first thing about Alden Gonzalez, but I trust the opinions of those who do.

Nick Wagoner was a nice guy. Too nice, maybe. If you know what I mean.

Too much pablum for my taste. Always followed the "company line", it seemed. That's fine if you're always in the mood for vanilla, although he did take the occasional jab at Fisher's W/L record.
I didn't see much change in his reporting from when he worked for the team itself to when he worked for ESPN. That probably shouldn't be the case. I read other NFL Nation reporters stuff and honestly, most step lightly around issues that make the team look bad, I'm guessing to preserve their access to sources.