ALCS/NLCS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Cards up 2-1 now. Rangers up 3-1. Its still early, but its looking like a possible Rangers/Cards WS, and that would be awesome. I was rooting for Detroit in their series but they just dont have the depth in relievers to keep up with Texas. Texas is such a complete team, the weakest part has been the starting pitching tho.

Id be really suprised if the Cards dont go up 3-1 tomorrow.

Detroit has a really good shot with Verlander tomorrow but even he hasnt been as good as he can be this postseason. I could make the argument that Fister has been their best pitcher this postseason. They are gonna need a really good performance from Verlander to win game 5. Both bullpens have been used a lot in this series.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Cards won? Yes!

:cheese:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
RALLY SQUIRREL. :amped: :amped: :amped: :amped: :amped: :amped: :amped:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
The Cards won? Yes!

:cheese:

Yup. Cards jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the 1st inning, Brewers tried battling back but fell short and lost 4-3. Pujols has been incredible in this series.

Now its Wolf vs. Lohse as the pitching matchup tomorrow night. Im not expecting a classic pitchers duel lol.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Huge advantage in the pitching matchup today too. Randy Wolf vs Kyle Loshe at home.

Loshe may have been roughed up a bit in his first Philly start, but he was great down the stretch and will be very rested. He pitched pretty well in that last start until he lost control of his change up.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
libertadrock said:
Huge advantage in the pitching matchup today too. Randy Wolf vs Kyle Loshe at home.

Loshe may have been roughed up a bit in his first Philly start, but he was great down the stretch and will be very rested. He pitched pretty well in that last start until he lost control of his change up.

Well Lohse struggled tonight. Cards had to go to bullpen early, and with their starting pitching not being able to go deep into games this NLCS it has to be taking its toll on the bullpen.

Anonymous

Need a starter to go 7 or more innings. Carpenter gave us a rested BP for the NLCS but that has worn thin. Birdo bats have to wake up!

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
squeaky wheel said:
Need a starter to go 7 or more innings. Carpenter gave us a rested BP for the NLCS but that has worn thin. Birdo bats have to wake up!

Exactly. Cards get Garcia at home tonight, so hopefully he can go do deep into the game for them.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Garcia pitched really well tonight, but he was on a very short leash with TLR. I didnt mind him being pulled in the 5th, TLR didnt wanna have dejavu from game 1. Garcia is capable of being a damn good pitcher but once a team gets a few hits on him in an inning he loses his composure pretty quickly and everything can go downhill for him. Cards bullpen was once again very good. They did a really good job against Prince and Braun after Garcia was pulled. The Brewers are capable of coming back pretty easily in games and it starts with those 2. It was also interesting to see the Brewers defense, that was just really bad for them, and when your facing a good offensive team, more often than not, they will take advantage of it.

Now the teams get a day off and the series returns to Milwaukee. Marcum vs. Jackson. Good news for Cards is Marcum hasnt been good this postseason. Jackson has been decent. The day off will really help the Cards pen too.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
JdashSTL said:
Garcia pitched really well tonight, but he was on a very short leash with TLR. I didnt mind him being pulled in the 5th, TLR didnt wanna have dejavu from game 1. Garcia is capable of being a damn good pitcher but once a team gets a few hits on him in an inning he loses his composure pretty quickly and everything can go downhill for him. Cards bullpen was once again very good. They did a really good job against Prince and Braun after Garcia was pulled. The Brewers are capable of coming back pretty easily in games and it starts with those 2. It was also interesting to see the Brewers defense, that was just really bad for them, and when your facing a good offensive team, more often than not, they will take advantage of it.

Now the teams get a day off and the series returns to Milwaukee. Marcum vs. Jackson. Good news for Cards is Marcum hasnt been good this postseason. Jackson has been decent. The day off will really help the Cards pen too.

I hated it when TLR pulled Garcia after 4.1 innings. I would have tried to extend Garcia. I would have tried to extend all the starters. Thats why TLR is a HOF manager and Im watching the games on my couch. He knew which strings to pull and when to pull them. Gotta give it up to him.

Angry Ram

Just one more game...and 4 more after...

LET'S GO CARDS!!!

Anonymous

libertadrock said:
JdashSTL said:

I hated it when TLR pulled Garcia after 4.1 innings. I would have tried to extend Garcia. I would have tried to extend all the starters. Thats why TLR is a HOF manager and Im watching the games on my couch. He knew which strings to pull and when to pull them. Gotta give it up to him.

LaRussa's weakness in managing the pitchers during the season has always been his giving them too much rope. He's definitely moved away from that in the postseason. The BP coach should get a healthy raise this offseason. And Mo....just what can be said for him with the trades at the deadline....other than spectacular!

Angry Ram

NL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY FLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Angry Ram said:

Torty Craig and Rally Squirrel are going to fly home happy. The Cards are going to the 2011 World Series!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:

Torty Craig and Rally Squirrel are going to fly home happy. The Cards are going to the 2011 World Series!
That was a ton of wasted breath over there in Cards Talk leading up to the post-season, eh? To think all that hot air could have powered the U.S. for at least a month.

Angry Ram

Memento said:
Angry Ram said:

Never doubt the powers and presence of Torty Craig and Rally Squirrel!!!

LMAO @ all the Cards bashers. Even in Oklahoma, they've been bashing them since day one...back when Pujols got hurt. They stink, horrible...now they just look like jackasses. Well, more than they already do.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Should be a really good world series. 2 really good offenses, 2 really good bullpens, starting pitching has been the weakness for both. They both have had problems going deep into games.

I also cant help but wonder how this affects Pujols FA status...