Albright on Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@AllbrightNFL: #Rams plan to be reactionary, see what's there. Eyes are on two offensive linemen.

This guy has a good source w/in the Rams Front Office

Gotta be Flowers and Scherff, right?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I refuse to believe that. But I probably should start to ....
Peat has a lot of fans in the scouting community, and teams seem to quietly love the guy. He went into the process as the top tackle prospect, a la Matthews last year, and a couple of guys (Flowers mostly, but Clemmings for a while was in this category) have climbed the boards due to physical upside, a la GRob.

Guy's a smooth, pro-ready LT. There's not many of those that come out each year. I think he'd be a boon on the line.

FRO

Legend
Peat has a lot of fans in the scouting community, and teams seem to quietly love the guy. He went into the process as the top tackle prospect, a la Matthews last year, and a couple of guys (Flowers mostly, but Clemmings for a while was in this category) have climbed the boards due to physical upside, a la GRob.

Guy's a smooth, pro-ready LT. There's not many of those that come out each year. I think he'd be a boon on the line.
Just not sure he fits our style.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Just not sure he fits our style.
I've heard that, but he's a LT who basically plays on an island. I don't think zone vs. power-man is as big of a deal at the tackle spot as it is inside.

V3

Hall of Fame
Looks like Rams are drafting for need instead of BPA this year.

jjab360

Legend
Peat is better than Flowers and Scherff by a pretty big margin, imo. Just as much upside as either one of them, but a much higher floor as well.

fearsomefour

Legend
Peat is better than Flowers and Scherff by a pretty big margin, imo. Just as much upside as either one of them, but a much higher floor as well.
Flowers is the guy that scares me. I have not seen a ton on him but what I have seen he looks sort of stiff and stops moving his feet when he locks on to a guy in the running game.

jjab360

Legend
Flowers is the guy that scares me. I have not seen a ton on him but what I have seen he looks sort of stiff and stops moving his feet when he locks on to a guy in the running game.
It's just weird how many odd little quirks he has to his game, like where he lines up on the ball for one (seriously, I've never in my life seen an OT who lines up on the LOS as much as he does), how wide his hands are in his kickstep, and how he plays so insanely high, pretty much the definition of a waist bender.

Pretty much the rawest OT I've seen out of the top guys the past few years by a big margin. He gets away with so much of it because he's so big and strong, but it won't be the same in the pros. He'll have to refine his technique when going up against guys that are much bigger, much faster, and much better equipped to take advantage of his many technical flaws.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Recently our style on the O line has been old, injured and overpaid.
Which is actually my style too....minus the overpaid part.

I would like to add IMO the Ram OL on field performances from present going back over a decade is & has been ....old, injured, weak, IR'd, frail, injured, discombobulated, slow, injured, bewildered, IR'd rehabbing, in surgery, injured, confused, injured, dazed, fragile, injured, brittle, pathetic, injured, venerable, breakable, aged, injured, debilitated, befuddled, pitiful, injured & just plain SORRY !:mad:

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Looks like Rams are drafting for need instead of BPA this year.

We have read there are 7 or so players on the list of blue chip/top tier talents and that there is good chance that all could be off the board at pick 10. If the best of the rest are all closely graded as we have also read then need becomes a much bigger factor to separate guys from the pack. The Rams have proven that they will go BPA with a pick like Donald at 14 last year so I trust them to stay true to their board.

V3

Hall of Fame
We have read there are 7 or so players on the list of blue chip/top tier talents and that there is good chance that all could be off the board at pick 10. If the best of the rest are all closely graded as we have also read then need becomes a much bigger factor to separate guys from the pack. The Rams have proven that they will go BPA with a pick like Donald at 14 last year so I trust them to stay true to their board.
First off, the Rams weren't painted into a corner last year like they are now. When reports are saying the Rams are eyeing players that fit their glaring need, red flags go up(though I know stuff can't be trusted this time of year. I'm assuming for the sake of discussion that it is true). If they were truly going to be reactionary, they wouldn't be focused on one position.

FRO

Legend
Scherff is the guy I want, or move down for Erving. I was a Collins guy but the murder stuff has me a tad scared. I wouldn't even mind moving down multiple times amassing a ton of second round picks and picking multiple linemen. Shotgun theory.

Stel

Starter
Okay. Why?

Because I think your opinion is wrong. I think the three are not separated by a wide margin, I think they are close together and, if all are available, the decision as to which to select would be based more on what you plan for the player to do than on some absolute best player scale.

If I was drafting my LOT for the future, I'd take Peat.
If I believe I have my LOT for the future and wanted a bookend ROT, I'd take Flowers.
If I have both my tackles and I want a top notch OG who can cover OT in a pinch, I take Scherff.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm not a draftnit guy that does a ton of research. But everything I've seen of Peat. He seems soft. Good PB but just doesn't have the mean streak that fisher likes. Watching him at the combine, he is built so damn weird. He has fat guy legs and arms with an average guys midsection. Makes me wonder if he will have weight issues down the road. Nothing to back that thought, it was just a reaction I had. Again, I don't research this stuff, I depend on others and I can be way off. Truth is, I'm gonna be pissed if we draft an OL in the 1st. But what do I know lol

fearsomefour

Legend
I would like to add IMO the Ram OL on field performances from present going back over a decade is & has been ....old, injured, weak, IR'd, frail, injured, discombobulated, slow, injured, bewildered, IR'd rehabbing, in surgery, injured, confused, injured, dazed, fragile, injured, brittle, pathetic, injured, venerable, breakable, aged, injured, debilitated, befuddled, pitiful, injured & just plain SORRY !:mad:
Don't hold it back Boni!!