Alaska

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a LOT of cleaning (fileting) there Brudda... hours worth. Hopefully they did that for you?

We have a kinda unwritten rule, especially with dolphin, stop at 30 because of the amount of work that comes with cleaning and vacuum sealing that amount of fish. Shit... and that means we're taking the fish inside the house in the ac to clean too.

Love those kind of pics!
We have them cut up the fish and then take it to a friends house to use their VacMaster.

Those people have been doing it all season and can take off the sides in a jiffy. I would be trying to get every morsel and it would take hours just for ours.

Trying to set up a trip to the keys, our friends from Alaska winter down there.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How are you cooking those and any meals out of those fish worth bragging about?

Looks like a great spot!
While we were up there it is so fresh we don’t do much but a little seasoning and throw it on the grill.

We did bake some ling cod up for fish tacos.

At home a couple of favorites are crab stuffed and ritzy halibut.

The stuffed is a recipe my wife got from the chef at Thorn’s in Seward. I’m not privy to it but you can’t really go wrong with halibut and crab.

Ritzy Halibut. Crush up a bunch of Ritz crackers, dip the fish in ranch dressing to lightly cover, roll it in the crackers and fry it up quick. We cut it into bite size pieces so it cooks fast.

Going to do a blue berry compote for some salmon and smoke some of it, I have a couple different variations for the smoker some sweet some spicy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ritzy Halibut. Crush up a bunch of Ritz crackers, dip the fish in ranch dressing to lightly cover, roll it in the crackers and fry it up quick. We cut it into bite size pieces so it cooks fast.

It all sounds good. That there sounds REAL good.

Now I’m hungry.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We have them cut up the fish and then take it to a friends house to use their VacMaster.

Those people have been doing it all season and can take off the sides in a jiffy. I would be trying to get every morsel and it would take hours just for ours.

Trying to set up a trip to the keys, our friends from Alaska winter down there.

Let me know if you have any questions about the Keys. I'll be happy to help.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
We just got back last week. It was the best vacation we've ever had.
DwgPO-I0Xr9odIXnLjoCk5R_1OOnWgnH6VsDpkqZ8iOrB9WfZSJFMMTV9oUm3SdVZhWM-9Vgsgg3V1i99hxmoBR0VSKWuRl6LdU_-WOrFqfDEpftpudI=s320
_YcqGG44Sn-L7REz72MQvGAKhiTb6a1cG82X5thFXmTtoAUO05om0CusH47H6J9bDAgUXDEqyYe7d4YGndWIg--T3skng-kW4b440kVYHYl-Ja3GbxmQug=s320
fPXehW3DE6xNG5I3O6Cmgo7f3QGKcBO2xww9oXbZdr55i_eJ5NyT2jJ4jBerMb1rBaB7RsmAmWa7cYaqWI9n-Y74Qld0U1k5v1BjytsZDzJ5f49SCEQ=s320
kvQPv5m-CcfeGDaD6NfN-mRahW5QttBOtut7RV45QtMw1M4E71AjD2CRmg5_ebQNvIGU9gQtp2xYhWhCihpGUWZRRqY4p7xyS9swOvxZnlP3LhSur-25=s320
ymoB65pL1nzUAm0D2uiVciw5ti51bynP85CThebMhzygVkMowufRv2MqpalVebxXz8shvIQlG8_1LocLQVTdAHBI-zBnjB_gsto6yy6QCA204W-ebZ0=s320
sORfTooAzflQkYEdbzlMNOvpv7TVM4_MqjjHWzUBSsbtNFRNxNlrXRqX5vE-YOyoZZkK3OV5j6l58SoS1Cfh6u49H_HfEauJ0al78b7x7u3esLUt5wp9=s320
vWNyYHvI1pbcjHeVhJ3fsYMTAXQvH4Vw7Ph6gkdHCDNsa41TbgG2_MX7sZQNPxuQftcaKMZoIy4ZUP2ZpENUs8PQ7hnaTMNYhwrmorNQ_7--oPPZSAB6=s320
UyeLwNP8fSBvy3nAl1D1cZiFzcAPgFB1nrjSfz_9bMk7Y_PmyI6SNd3E_SArAMEfGkEzuw7lSKFIcLvtG349-yX4DDYS8pALjDX4lzC7OIFRZgyvA9O9=s320
lrlNoizpGQNLnOFCiZ7hCG9frYbZFW9E8efE-Drh3cjgcPGnnmIZ-WlSX05pYTSUAfkvUtn5Kmtb5fnaySWBvBrgLzPl87QgWtrreknbmiXokGj-5iYS2Q=s320
Hell, all i did was take pictures. Looks like a great trip.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Let me know if you have any questions about the Keys. I'll be happy to help.
Thank you, I have never been there but wouldn’t mind a winter getaway from Montana.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Be ready to party. Fun place. BTW... What part of Montana?
Hamilton, MT Bitterroot valley.

I’ve heard good things about winter in the keys and our friends have a bay boat so lots of fishing opportunities.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hamilton, MT Bitterroot valley.

I’ve heard good things about winter in the keys and our friends have a bay boat so lots of fishing opportunities.
Ah. My father in law lived about 3 hours north of you in Trout Creek and my wife's uncle lives up near Thompson Falls.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thank you, I have never been there but wouldn’t mind a winter getaway from Montana.

The Keys are like my second home. Don't hesitate to ask me anything you guys might wonder about. Fishing, locations, whatever... I'm like the Google of the Keys.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ah. My father in law lived about 3 hours north of you in Trout Creek and my wife's uncle lives up near Thompson Falls.
Beautiful areas I always like taking that road into Idaho when we go to Sandpoint.

Tano

Legend
The Keys are like my second home. Don't hesitate to ask me anything you guys might wonder about. Fishing, locations, whatever... I'm like the Google of the Keys.
I definitely want to visit the keys sometime.

It is on my bucket list just to drive from Miami to Key West

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I definitely want to visit the keys sometime.

It is on my bucket list just to drive from Miami to Key West

When I was a teenager, my Grandfather had me film that drive from the passenger seat with his big ass video camera. We narrated it together along the drive. We actually watched that damn thing more than once years later. I cannot imagine anyone else making it through 5 minutes of that marathon video though. LOL

It's a beautiful slow ride down if you make it during the daytime as long as it's not raining. The water views from the bridges gets more and more amazing the further down the Keys you go. You won't see any of the beautiful homes really because they are not near the main road... but the water views are like nowhere else in the world.

Tano

Legend
When I was a teenager, my Grandfather had me film that drive from the passenger seat with his big ass video camera. We narrated it together along the drive. We actually watched that damn thing more than once years later. I cannot imagine anyone else making it through 5 minutes of that marathon video though. LOL

It's a beautiful slow ride down if you make it during the daytime as long as it's not raining. The water views from the bridges gets more and more amazing the further down the Keys you go. You won't see any of the beautiful homes really because they are not near the main road... but the water views are like nowhere else in the world.
I would definitely choose a sunny day to make that drive