Alabama has a pipeline to the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/14/alabama-has-an-nfl-pipeline-to-boast-of/

Alabama has an NFL pipeline to boast of
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 14, 2015

screen-shot-2015-06-14-at-12-15-42-pm.png

It’s not bragging if you can back it up. And Alabama can back it up.

So what Bama assistant director of player personnel Aazaar Abdul-Rahim tweeted recently was — as Will Sonnett would say — no brag, just fact. Abdul-Rahim pointed out that Alabama fielded an offense in its 2012 opener against Michigan that put 11 players on the field who are now all in the NFL, three years later.

That’s an incredibly impressive display of Alabama’s NFL pipeline. Plenty of college football teams have several NFL players on the field at the same time, but to have such a wealth of talent on the roster that 11 future NFL players can all line up together in a college game is rare. (Alabama ended that season by winning the national championship.)

The 11 players who were on the field together in the picutre are
Raiders receiver Amari Cooper
Seahawks receiver Kevin Norwood
Jaguars running back T.J. Yeldon
Lions tackle Michael Williams
Bills tackle Cyrus Kouandjio
Titans guard Chance Warmack
Rams guard Barrett Jones
Cardinals guard Anthony Steen
Chargers tackle D.J. Fluker
Bears tight end Brian Vogler
Bengals quarterback A.J. McCarron.

Alabama has had a whopping 32 players selected in the last four NFL drafts. If only Nick Saban could have had that much talent together when he was with the Dolphins.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And the guy NOT in the NFL........Trent Richardson. And I bring that up because I like that the Browns fleeced the Colts on that deal. I like the Colts getting fleeced, it gives me a feeling of comfort when they aren't doing well. I don't know why. :)

I'm glad fans didn't get their way on that one because a LOT of fans wanted the Rams to make that move and were critical of the FO that they didn't do it. Dodged a bullet there.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
  1. And the guy NOT in the NFL........Trent Richardson. And I bring that up because I like that the Browns fleeced the Colts on that deal. I like the Colts getting fleeced, it gives me a feeling of comfort when they aren't doing well. I don't know why. :)
I'm glad fans didn't get their way on that one because a LOT of fans wanted the Rams to make that move and were critical of the FO that they didn't do it. Dodged a bullet there.
Isn't he with the Raiders?

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
That is mind boggling that a college team is that talented

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Their defense had quite a few guys make it too. Not hard to see why they are successful consistently in the SEC.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Seriously you guys..........he's on a roster?

Wow, I can't imagine HOW but I guess anything is possible. Some guys get a lot of chances right......