Again, letting JPP run free

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-12-22_16-4-2.png

upload_2014-12-22_16-5-9.png

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Davin Joseph has been so bad.

Barksdale said earlier this year that he had been learning a lot from Joseph.
Well..... it shows.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to wonder...who is responsible for making sure the OL knows their assignments? Obviously, off the field, it's Boudreau. But coaching only goes so far. Is it Hill? Is it Wells? Or is it both?

Because if it is Wells or both, I'm pretty pissed off that Fisher continues to play him. Because that means he's not getting it done mentally or physically.

Obviously, Joseph and Barksdale have responsibility to each other to communicate but the Center is the guy who is supposed to be the QB of the OL. Why does our OL always seem confused?

Hell, I can't count how many times Greg Robinson has missed a blitzer to double team Saffold's guy. And I gotta think that's on one or both of the QB and Center too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But most of all, what the fuck is Davin Joseph doing? He's been in the league for...what...a decade? How the hell does he think he's supposed to follow his man outside like that with JPP lopping inside. The guy has to know better. It's just nuts how bad he's been.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to wonder...who is responsible for making sure the OL knows their assignments? Obviously, off the field, it's Boudreau. But coaching only goes so far. Is it Hill? Is it Wells? Or is it both?

Because if it is Wells or both, I'm pretty pissed off that Fisher continues to play him. Because that means he's not getting it done mentally or physically.

Obviously, Joseph and Barksdale have responsibility to each other to communicate but the Center is the guy who is supposed to be the QB of the OL. Why does our OL always seem confused?

Hell, I can't count how many times Greg Robinson has missed a blitzer to double team Saffold's guy. And I gotta think that's on one or both of the QB and Center too.

Well, the QB and center have to agree, they point out the MIKE. Then the other OL know where to start counting. If it's man blocking in pass pro, then the #1 guy to the right of the center is the RG's guy. The #2 guy from the center is the RT's guy. The #3 guy from the center is the TEs guy (if there is a TE) and #4 guy is unblocked so he's the QB's guy, he has the (a) get rid of ball or (b) make a move to cause the #4 guy to miss. The same is true of the left side. If rushers cross then they pass their guy to the next. I really don't know what would cause DaJo to think the OLBer was his guy. He did check to inside, no one came so he scans to outside and I guess he didn't see JPP . .. we'd have to ask Coach Bou, I guess, but it's perplexing

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, the QB and center have to agree, they point out the MIKE. Then the other OL know where to start counting. If it's man blocking in pass pro, then the #1 guy to the right of the center is the RG's guy. The #2 guy from the center is the RT's guy. The #3 guy from the center is the TEs guy (if there is a TE) and #4 guy is unblocked so he's the QB's guy, he has the (a) get rid of ball or (b) make a move to cause the #4 guy to miss. The same is true of the left side. If rushers cross then they pass their guy to the next. I really don't know what would cause DaJo to think the OLBer was his guy. He did check to inside, no one came so he scans to outside and I guess he didn't see JPP . .. we'd have to ask Coach Bou, I guess, but it's perplexing

Yea, that's way I understood it. So I gotta wonder why our OL always seems so lost. And I gotta wonder if it's Wells or the other guys.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it is Wells we are in trouble. He's supposed to be the brains of the outfit, a smaller, overachiever who makes ups for his lack of size and strength with smarts and quickness. If he's not smart, then we have problem. I think it's the other guys. Just like it was Oji and the other stopgaps we have played over past few years.