After waiting overnight to gather my thoughts...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
And I’ve read every single post about these trades, both pro and con.

Corbett is a so-so trade on the face of it, but the cost was very reasonable, so there is that. I’m assuming that Kromer sees something that the Browns coaches never did. I’m a big Kromer fan still, although his reputation has been somewhat tarnished by this years results. This may not be the last OL move before trade deadline. And Corbett seems unlikely to solve our OL woes even with the most optimistic view. Seems like an okay move at this point, but we should never underestimate Kromer on these matters, given his track record.

Kenny Young is slightly more intriguing to me. Rams reportedly insisted on him specifically in the Peters trade. If true, then this could be a sneaky under-the-radar get for the Rams. Not earth shaking, but very solid move nonetheless. A Snead special. I kinda like the possibilities.

And now for the blockbuster trade. I see the points made by those many who love this trade. I do. But I also see the points made by the skeptics, too. This is a very high cost move that will have ripple effects for years and years. Could be a net positive or negative. So I’m gonna trust the FO and coaches for now and try to set aside my reservations about Ramsey’s diva history. IOW, I’m not all in on the Ramsey trade, but I am slightly tilting toward approval. Probably only because of my faith in Snead and McVay/Phillips.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
I also believe Weddle had a big input on getting Kenny Young. Also dug deeper on Peters play this year....Peters allowed 31 (63rd best so far this year )receptions for 249 over six games.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Here's the thing about ucla coached defenses, they suck. As I recall, scouting reports had Young ranked as a 7th and Ravens got him earlier. Guessing he was on the Rams board around the late fourth to early 5th and Wade was high on this guy.

With adequate coaching, Young has a pretty high ceiling.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WHile I don't think Corbett is 'The Savior', I actually think he is likely an upgrade for us. It sounds like he was not a scheme fit in Cleveland, and that he is a much better fit here in our Zone scheme. If that is the case, and that is why he struggled in Cleveland, he could be a steal.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is a very high cost move that will have ripple effects for years and years. Could

Look at it this way 43.

Snead was going to pick a CB in round 1 next year since Peters and Talib were going to be leaving. And there is the possibility he would have given up a second rounder to move up to get a top prospect.

but..........let's say that his guy fell to the Rams. So they would spend a 1st rounder on him. And you'd have an unproven player that could well be average to poor.

Sooooooo..........

Essentially Snead got a Pro Bowler who is young and inexpensive for an extra 1st rounder. It's a prudent use of resources in my eyes.

Consider this. If he was drafting "his guy" and the football gods descended from the heavens and said "give up your first rounder next year and we will make sure your guy is a Pro Bowl player and is first team all pro once or twice" and Snead turned it down every Rams fan in the nation would be calling for his termination. You and I included.

This was a great move by a GM that is fearless and a top fight deal-maker.

And since the trade deadline is still nearly two weeks away I suspect he is going to find a way to get the OL some help.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Essentially Snead got a Pro Bowler / All-Pro (2017) who is young and inexpensive for an extra 1st rounder. It's a prudent use of resources in my eyes.
Fixed that for ya ;)
ya, I'm on board with using 1st round picks for proven All-pro's. I'd even use 2 first round picks, as many don't pan out.
We just have to see if his personality fits in the locker room, but with AD in the room, and Weddle, I think they can handle him. Hopefully Talib can mentor him a bit, can he still go to team activities while on IR??

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams "mortgaged" their future 4 years ago when they traded up for Goff. It was a risky, dumb(?) and expensive trade. Over the next three years the Rams struggled to bring in talent and replenish the roster and compete.

Whatever.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
My biggest issue with the trade is that it seems the Rams did not have a firm agreement for an extension. Yeah I know they talked with his reps. But I just don't trust that with Ramsey. He is the OBJ of CBs. I truly believe he faked a back injury the last two weeks to try and force the Jags to trade him. I dont believe his reps have this guy under control. Maybe Im wrong but its what I sense.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
"The Rams "mortgaged" their future 4 years ago when they traded up for Goff. It was a risky, dumb(?) and expensive trade. Over the next three years the Rams struggled to bring in talent and replenish the roster and compete.

Whatever. "

Great point MoJo...it's really worked out well for Tennessee too, huh?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams "mortgaged" their future 4 years ago when they traded up for Goff. It was a risky, dumb(?) and expensive trade. Over the next three years the Rams struggled to bring in talent and replenish the roster and compete.

Whatever.
IMG]

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
"The Rams "mortgaged" their future 4 years ago when they traded up for Goff. It was a risky, dumb(?) and expensive trade. Over the next three years the Rams struggled to bring in talent and replenish the roster and compete.

Whatever. "

Great point MoJo...it's really worked out well for Tennessee too, huh?

I want you you know something. And don't hold it against me.

Every single time I see a post from you I stand up, pull down my pants and slap my dick against the computer screen exactly in the spot where your avatar is.

Simone is an amazing beauty. OMG what a donk on her!!!

I bet her undercarriage smells like Plumeria.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I want you you know something. And don't hold it against me.

Every single time I see a post from you I stand up, pull down my pants and slap my dick against the computer screen exactly in the spot where your avatar is.

Simone is an amazing beauty. OMG what a donk on her!!!

I bet her undercarriage smells like Plumeria.

Is that Simone Simons? I've been trying to figure out who it is for ages

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

Whatever.

Acquisition of Whitworth, Woods, NRC, and Sullivan at FA along with getting production out of Everett, Kupp, Johnson III, Reynolds, and Ebukam helped. I don't expect McSnead to always draft like this but getting productive players across later draft picks and FA mitigates/neutralizes the effects of trading for a king's ransom.

oldnotdead

Legend
For the Nay sayers simply look at it this way. The picks the Rams traded are going to be low in each of those rounds. Let's say it's the 2020 draft and the Ramsey trade was not done. Could you package a trade on draft day with both the 1st rounders and the 4th round pick for the following year and get a truly elite CB with Ramsey's talent? Uhhh no way in hell. It wouldn't get you high enough because those 3 pick will total out to a #11 pick!!! It wouldn't even get you into the top 10.

Jalen is a PROVEN ELITE CB. You draft one next year and it's a crap shoot. He may or maynot become the elite player you need and want. Ramsey is 24 years old, he's got two more quality contracts in him at least.

THIS WAS AN ABSOLUTE FREAKING STEAL. For the draft capital of a number 11 at best a #10 pick they get a young #5 pick overall. That my friends is the definition of a steal. How anyone can be critical of this trade is beyond me. He is still on his rookie deal with his 5th year option triggered. So any extension won't kick in until 2021. Besides it's all about the guaranteed money. They go a bit heavier there to make the it worth the wait.

Yes he's a diva, and it concerns me. But once he gets his extension he will be a happy camper. The Rams should have the money to make it happen. Snead already hinted that preliminary numbers were discussed before the trade and the Rams still pulled the trigger. From all reports he's a good teammate well liked in the locker room. I don't see a real problem here. IMO the upside far outweighs any concerns about being an immature diva. This is like getting Talib or Sanders in their prime and those two were definitely divas as players. Jalen is that level of player, he's that kind of impact player.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I agree. A first rounder for a proven pro bowl type player might be better than drafting. What I'm hoping is that the Rams continue to win and build that championship type of culture where we can attract free agents and the draft will become a supplement rather than a necessity. I do agree that 2 first rounders plus a 4th is a steep price but so far I trust in McSnead so I'm okay with it.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
After listening to his interviews it sounds like Ramsey is happy to be a Ram and want to stay in LA.