After this win, please pump the brakes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Or he could have fumbled the snap
Or he could have forgotten the play...
Well, I was trying to be kind.
I think he might have the QB/Center exchange down by now.
And I do hope he's been studying his ass off and watching these plays unfold.

RamWoodie

Legend
I am dying for some proof this isn't the same damn story. A win would most certainly provide it!
I think you saw some today. While I'm not totally sold on Boras yet, he shows a willingness to adjust to what his skill players do best.

There's a ways to go though...but at least the offense is evolving. Buffalo is next...meantime the Rams have defeated the top two in the division last year.

What makes you want to puke is the Niner loss...:sick: :sick: :sick:

Q729

Legend
I think you saw some today. While I'm not totally sold on Boras yet, he shows a willingness to adjust to what his skill players do best.

There's a ways to go though...but at least the offense is evolving. Buffalo is next...meantime the Rams have defeated the top two in the division last year.

Yep, damn right I did. It's progress. We still have a way to go, but I'm glad to see we aren't stuck in the mud again. Sucks we lost to the 9ers that bad, but I had an off feeling about that game right down to the damn time I had to watch it!

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath

Yes but I promise the Rams haven't forgot and take it out on them next time.

RamzFanz

Damnit
How do you know Goff isn't ready? And don't say, "because he isn't playing". That's called rhetorical logic and it makes no sense. Reality is; everything we're talking about is speculation. So your speculation is no more valid than mine.

When Goff plays he is ready - by definition.

My 3-1 leading the NFCW is more valid than yours. Just sayin' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Keenum is good enough. We have no idea what Goff will be and the staff says he is not ready. Not ready. Not ready. Not that he won't be the answer this season, just not ready.

All I have to say is enjoy the wins,

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@leoram is right. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Bills game will tell us a lot about what type of year this will be. We have a nasty habit of beating division rivals and then looking like crap the next week against a non-divisional opponent. We resisted that urge against Tampa Bay...but Jeff Fisher also has some voodoo that allows him to always beat Tampa Bay. Let's see if the Rams come out and put together another good effort against Buffalo. If that happens, I'll feel confident that things aren't the same this year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@leoram is right. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Sorry, but that's never the approach I take. Didn't take it going into the 98 season or the 99 season, and I'm not taking that approach this year. If somehow we lose another game, then so what. If we somehow manage only to reach .500 this year, then so what. Because (and I'll say it again) I can't control what happens out there. No amount of me insisting upon change will work. No amount of me blasting the Organization for their decisions will reverse said decisions. And no amount of me being guarded in my optimism will make the sting of failure any less painful. I'm a fan. I'm a 35 year fanatic. And when this team succeeds, I will be standing at the finish line waiting for the rest of you to cross it. Because I will have known it all along. No matter how many times I was wrong before that. Know why? (Joe Pesci voice) Cause I'm stupid. I dont give a fuck about getting ahead of myself.

That's how I approach things.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry, but that's never the approach I take. Didn't take it going into the 98 season or the 99 season, and I'm not taking that approach this year. If somehow we lose another game, then so what. If we somehow manage only to reach .500 this year, then so what. Because (and I'll say it again) I can't control what happens out there. No amount of me insisting upon change will work. No amount of me blasting the Organization for their decisions will reverse said decisions. And no amount of me being guarded in my optimism will make the sting of failure any less painful. I'm a fan. I'm a 35 year fanatic. And when this team succeeds, I will be standing at the finish line waiting for the rest of you to cross it. Because I will have known it all along. No matter how many times I was wrong before that. Know why? (Joe Pesci voice) Cause I'm stupid. I dont give a freak about getting ahead of myself.

You're a grown man, X, you can do whatever makes you happy. My caution is for the people, like myself, who take losses very hard when they get high expectations for the team.

Psycho_X

Legend
Sorry, but that's never the approach I take. Didn't take it going into the 98 season or the 99 season, and I'm not taking that approach this year. If somehow we lose another game, then so what. If we somehow manage only to reach .500 this year, then so what. Because (and I'll say it again) I can't control what happens out there. No amount of me insisting upon change will work. No amount of me blasting the Organization for their decisions will reverse said decisions. And no amount of me being guarded in my optimism will make the sting of failure any less painful. I'm a fan. I'm a 35 year fanatic. And when this team succeeds, I will be standing at the finish line waiting for the rest of you to cross it. Because I will have known it all along. No matter how many times I was wrong before that. Know why? (Joe Pesci voice) Cause I'm stupid. I dont give a freak about getting ahead of myself.

I used to be like this. And I was happier when I was. But then the last 15 years happened. Seriously, I used to be optimistic every week even during the Spags years for gods sake.

Time is a cruel bitch.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Our defensive line will wreck Palmer even though their running game will be fairly effective. The Cards won't be prepared for a couple new wrinkles Boras has been waiting to introduce. Cooper's role will be revealed and when the Cards adjust, Gurley will be unleashed.

Once this happens, most of us fans will be joined by the bandwagon types that will fuel the fire that this team has turned the proverbial corner.

But I won't be fooled. This team is getting better but the unusual health is an aberration. There are at least six guys who are irreplaceable. If one domino tumbles, the rest will fall. This team is a year away but is steadily improving.

Sure this is speculation but that's my prediction, for better or worse.

This is just before we went 3-1, so my words are true.

Losing players like Johnson, Quinn, and Brockers produced what I believed...an exposure of our lack of depth. This team is still improving but will not succeed until key players return at full strength. Too little is said about how those injuries have affected this team

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Losing players like Johnson, Quinn, and Brockers produced what I believed...an exposure of our lack of depth. This team is still improving but will not succeed until key players return at full strength. Too little is said about how those injuries have affected this team
tumblr_nlylceTSCw1u9dkkbo1_500.gif

lockdnram21

Legend

Even with Johnson at cb were still not that good. Especially with the receivers we have left on schedule. Johnson is a good #2 cb we need a elite cb