After reviewing all the vet FA QB options...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
What makes Sam a practical option if the liklihood of him getting injured is very high?
My point is that I dont see where the talent level available has anything to do with Sam's injury potential. Seems like a "walk to school or take your lunch" kind of deal

Care to share who you think should be our starting QB next season?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Kirk Cousins wants to be traded if RG3 is named starting QB. Haven't seen him play too much but he's also an option.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Care to share who you think should be our starting QB next season?
As soon as we have a clear picture as to who's available, I sure will. But for my money it will be guy who can be counted on to play 16 games. I dont care what $$ amount Sam signs for, he's no good to the team standing on the sidelines in street clothes

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I've never been down on Sam! At this point in his career, I want him at a reduced/prove it salary as most of us can imagine him not playing a full season! Draft the dude from E. Carolina to learn the game in the 3rd. Draft O line in rounds 1-2. Keep Davis as the backup just because he knows the system.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
As soon as we have a clear picture as to who's available, I sure will. But for my money it will be guy who can be counted on to play 16 games. I dont care what $$ amount Sam signs for, he's no good to the team standing on the sidelines in street clothes

The picture is pretty clear. You're not going to see a team cut loose a good QB right now given the premium at the position.

I'm interested to hear who you'd like to have behind center.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
FYI, if we keep Sam then our back up behind him is also our starter. If Sam goes down again next year then I will feed him to the dogs myself.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
You really want to approach OL with FA again??? lol The last FA OL that worked out for us? Timmerman??? Nuff said.. Maybe we can get Jason Brown to quit farming and come back? JK man but still. You see my point. What QB is early that would warrant the pick? I would rather go early OL. Plus if barks leave we'll need a plug and play RT in the draft. Time will tell.
The Rams have no choice but to draft AND go FA for OL. They need to replace Barksdale anyway.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
If Bradford goes down again and we dont have a guy to develop behind him i may go a little crazy

200.gif

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
No one is going to come in here and beat out Bradford in training camp and preseason. He knows the system well and has immense talent. The thing is we still need to draft a qb who we think can be a good starter in this league. Bradford can't be counted on to stay healthy year after year. No more average backup qb options on the team if Bradford gets hurt again.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The picture is pretty clear. You're not going to see a team cut loose a good QB right now given the premium at the position.

Its not clear at all
There will be cap casualty guys, And players released when the team makes a change at QB.
Look at Orton, who would have thought he'd up and retire?
I'll hold off on "who" I think when I know "who's" available. But one thing is for sure, regardless to who is available, it doesnt change Bradford's postion with the team. He's still an incredible injury risk that I would be unwilling to bank next season on

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
FYI, if we keep Sam then our back up behind him is also our starter.

That's a good way of putting it.

I really wish there was a veteran out there that could challenge Sam for the starting job in camp. Make him earn his starting spot . But unfortunately, I don't see it.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler

This is the thing nobody has been able to answer yet they want to say that Bradford isn't the best option. The picture will be no more clear in a few months. Teams don't let franchise quarterbacks walk and anyone who will be available won't put us in a better position to compete than what we had this season, imo.

Last edited:

RamWoodie

Legend
Nothing's wrong with Sam. The guy was really sharp until he got injured in preseason. That was the sharpest I've seen Sam! If it can be worked, you go with Sam.

I also think it would be smart to keep Austin Davis, the kid has upside. He made some critical TOs that young QB's make. That aside, I'd wait still to see what's in the draft. Didn't watch much college football due to working, so I don't know what's out there, but I think it's a good idea to look to the draft around 3rd round.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
The Rams have no options other than Bradford. Everyone out there has warts. McCoy (looked terrible with SF), Cousins, McCown, Hill, Davis. Nothing in the college ranks, either.

It sucks but it is what it is-

Were I Fisher, I would look into another OC. Outside of minimalizing the talents of quarterbacks and wide receivers, Schottenheimer is just outstanding.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Keep Bradford and sign Matt Moore to be the back up. Then I guess draft some jag in the 3rd or 5th round.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I'll trust Snead to make the right decision. IMO all options are on the table including trading up in the draft if they like one enough. I don't know if they think there is one worth a trade up, but if there is, and they can find a trade partner, then do it. Even if a rookie is unlikely to get us to the playoffs next year. You can't risk going with Bradford next season without a legitimate NFL starting QB prospect on the roster. If Winston (or Mariotta) passes their 'screening' I wouldn't be surprised if they trade up to draft him. I think this is more likely than risking it on an underwhelming FA market.

Even if Bradford is the most talented QB available, didn't some expert on ACLs say that a second injury to the same knee takes much longer to recover from? Will he even be physically able to play next season?

So much of the discussions about Bradford revolve around salary versus performance, but perhaps there should be a bit more emphasis placed on whether he truly is an option medically.

jjab360

Legend
You really want to approach OL with FA again??? lol The last FA OL that worked out for us? Timmerman??? Nuff said.. Maybe we can get Jason Brown to quit farming and come back? JK man but still. You see my point. What QB is early that would warrant the pick? I would rather go early OL. Plus if barks leave we'll need a plug and play RT in the draft. Time will tell.
If the right fit comes along, then yes. I wouldn't let past mistakes from another regime determine what I do in Free Agency.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Chase is signed until 16

Yeah I found that out Monday. I heard RK on 101 state it. I could swear I read a list of FA QB's on 101 or somewhere that stated he was a FA. My bad. I'd still think about giving up a 3rd round pick for him though. He'd be more developed than a rookie draft choice. RG3 is supposed to be garning a 4th? That's what I've heard at least..