After reviewing all the vet FA QB options...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont understand how by comparison Sam is the "best option" when his inability to stay on the field is the main reason the Rams need to look elsewhere

Athos

Legend
Seriously doubt Daniel is going anywhere. Especially if he does well in their playoff game (if Smith isn't ready, which I'm betting).

Our only real hope at a winning season besides Winston at this point....or a fully healthy Bradford, is Culter.

I don't think anyone else out there is good enough.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I think the Rams need a B level veteran backup - there will be some available, guys who can start but are nobody's first choice, plus a rookie to develop. That way there won't be the same pressure to rush Sam back. And the Rams' situation will be such that QBs will think there is a realistic chance they will get to showcase themselves, which is a plus.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think the best thing to do is bring Bradford back, acquire a young veteran, and draft another QB in the first 3 rounds.

I wouldn't be 100% against bringing Hill back as the top veteran backup, but I think he is only a good 1-3 game plug in...he isn't someone you can rely on to be the guy for an entire season...I think that was proven. I'd really like to see the Rams make a move for someone like Glennon or Daniel, even if it takes a trade of a draft pick. Or maybe Tampa would accept Zac Stacy as a swap...hard to say.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I'm comfortable saying Chase Daniel probably isn't going to save our season if Sam Bradford gets hurt again.

I'd rather have Colt McCoy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would bring back Bradford at a reduced rate try to acquire Mike Glennon as many have posted previously and then draft Shane Carden (East Carolina) if they like him in the 3rd or Nick Marshall late. All of us hope for a healthy Bradford, but if he can't answer bell I feel better about Glennon than Hill and if that fails well the Rams will have a new regime in place come 2016.

Big Willie

Starter
Sam is not a FA. Neither is Cutler. The Rams and Bears would be crazy to cut them regardless of their savings against the cap because as has been stated...the FA pickings are slim. Sign the best backup you can find. Draft a QB in the top 3 rounds (don't overreach for the selection) or make a trade for a young player one with your second or third or a future pick (Mettenberger, Garafalo, or similar). There might not be any team willing to make a trade for a young guy, but you never know.

fancents86

Starter
I say grab Glennon to be Sam's back up and either keep Davis or draft a qb in a mid round.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm comfortable saying Chase Daniel probably isn't going to save our season if Sam Bradford gets hurt again.

I'd rather have Colt McCoy.
Yeah, I'd be very intrigued with Chase Daniel...but I wouldn't sink any hope into a backup that performs well in a few spot starts. We've seen that go poorly too many times.

McCoy is intriguing to me...simply because he has much more starting experience and looked quite a bit better his second time around. I don't think I'd sink much hope into him either, but I'd be happy with bringing him in. Is he a free agent?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I'd be very intrigued with Chase Daniel...but I wouldn't sink any hope into a backup that performs well in a few spot starts. We've seen that go poorly too many times.

McCoy is intriguing to me...simply because he has much more starting experience and looked quite a bit better his second time around. I don't think I'd sink much hope into him either, but I'd be happy with bringing him in. Is he a free agent?

Yes, McCoy is a free agent.

I don't think anybody can back Sam and write off a guy like McCoy who was faced with the same issues Sam had when Colt was in Cleveland. I was very impressed with what he did this season. I think he's a very underrated QB and still think he has a chance to start for somebody.

moklerman

Warner-phile
ortonjack.gif

Kyle Orton retires. Doesn't bother to tell his teammates in Buffalo. Seriously.

My point? Buffalo's going to be looking for a QB too.

Rams don't have much to choose from and there are teams even more desperate for help. Considering Bradford's injury history, that's saying something.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Yes, McCoy is a free agent.

I don't think anybody can back Sam and write off a guy like McCoy who was faced with the same issues Sam had when Colt was in Cleveland. I was very impressed with what he did this season. I think he's a very underrated QB and still think he has a chance to start for somebody.
McCoy would seem to fit what Schottenfisher likes to do. I could easily see them not offering Hill a contract and going after McCoy.

fearsomefour

Legend
I dont understand how by comparison Sam is the "best option" when his inability to stay on the field is the main reason the Rams need to look elsewhere
Because there are no other practical options.
If the team is interested in winning soon. The Rams have the D and special teams, the O line we will have to see about, but, one can see a plan to fix that. A different starting QB who is a long term answer/franchise guy?? I don't see an option.

fearsomefour

Legend
McCoy would seem to fit what Schottenfisher likes to do. I could easily see them not offering Hill a contract and going after McCoy.
It would depend on money to me. I don't see McCoy as an improvement. He is younger by a large margin which would be good.

lockdnram21

Legend
If I'm throwing $$$ around, I don't do it on OL. I draft OL and throw the $$$ on someone like Chase Daniel as a backup QB. Someone who can throw and is mobile to survive behind this OL. I draft OL heavily then. This OL is quite embarrassing. Just saying.
Chase is signed until 16

lockdnram21

Legend
If the team is interested in winning soon. The Rams have the D and special teams, the O line we will have to see about, but, one can see a plan to fix that. A different starting QB who is a long term answer/franchise guy?? I don't see an option.
Even if Sam comes back I wouldn't call him long term or franchise. I would still draft Qb in first 3 rounds

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What makes Sam a practical option if the liklihood of him getting injured is very high?
My point is that I dont see where the talent level available has anything to do with Sam's injury potential. Seems like a "walk to school or take your lunch" kind of deal

fearsomefour

Legend
Even if Sam comes back I wouldn't call him long term or franchise. I would still draft Qb in first 3 rounds
I dont disagree with this. It would not be my top priority (as I don't like any of the top rated QBs in this draft so far) but I would be happy getting a guy in the 3rd round.

fearsomefour

Legend
What makes Sam a practical option if the liklihood of him getting injured is very high?
My point is that I dont see where the talent level available has anything to do with Sam's injury potential. Seems like a "walk to school or take your lunch" kind of deal
They are seperate issues I agree.
But, Bradfords injury history/likelihood does not make any of the available FA options any better either.
So, if he cuts his pay/cap number to me Bradford is the best option, if he does not, see ya and save $12M.