After reviewing all the vet FA QB options...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
... I can't believe I'm saying this. I really can't. Bradford is the top one available.

Seriously.

Hear me out.

1a) Bradford: Has tools. Upwards trend in all stats before injury. Pretty good game-management. Can get a team into scoring range at the end of a game. Minimal leadership ability. Major injury concerns.

1b) Cutler: Gunslinger. Poor game-manager. Turn-over machine. Bad leadership ability.

2) Glennon: Not really sure if he's worth trying to get. Had half of a decent season last year. Poor offensive line this year but stacked with talent everywhere else on offense so what to make of him.

Both 1b) and 2) are only available by trade and may not be available at all. Others at the bottom of the heap: Ponder, Geno Smith, Matt Moore, Shaun Hill, Sanchize, Locker. UGH UGH UGH

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I think you are right.

And I don't see anyone better in the draft.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Agreed on Sam if we can get him back at a reduced price. if not, I'll still take him. However, i thought Chase Daniel is going to be a FA? I would love to sign that kid as a backup to Sam. He's been around a few years and is a very mobile guy. Just saying.

jjab360

Legend
I think a lot of people have come to the realization that Bradford is probably our best option moving forward, that is if we can't get our hands on either Mariota or Winston in the draft..

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I think a lot of people have come to the realization that Bradford is probably our best option moving forward, that is if we can't get our hands on either Mariota or Winston in the draft..

We really need to draft OL. That should have been evident today and this past season. Just saying.

jjab360

Legend
We really need to draft OL. That should have been evident today and this past season. Just saying.
Yes, but the last thing we need to do is pigeonhole ourselves in to a particular position for our draft picks. If we go QB early on we have all of Free Agency and the rest of the draft to get Olinemen.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Yes, but the last thing we need to do is pigeonhole ourselves in to a particular position for our draft picks. If we go QB early on we have all of Free Agency and the rest of the draft to get Olinemen.

You really want to approach OL with FA again??? lol The last FA OL that worked out for us? Timmerman??? Nuff said.. Maybe we can get Jason Brown to quit farming and come back? JK man but still. You see my point. What QB is early that would warrant the pick? I would rather go early OL. Plus if barks leave we'll need a plug and play RT in the draft. Time will tell.

A55VA6

Legend
A majority of us have hated on Bradford at some point the past few years, but one thing is for sure - he's our best option and we want him back. We'll just have t hope and pray he stays healthy.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
A majority of us have hated on Bradford at some point the past few years, but one thing is for sure - he's our best option and we want him back. We'll just have t hope and pray he stays healthy.

It won't hurt to sign a good mobile backup as Chase Daniel either. I still believe in Sam, but we need a better plan B than what we have, and a draft pick isn't going to cut that. Just saying. :)

A55VA6

Legend
It won't hurt to sign a good mobile backup as Chase Daniel either. I still believe in Sam, but we need a better plan B than what we have, and a draft pick isn't going to cut that. Just saying. :)
Definitely need a good plan B. Someone who won't make the season seem lost if Bradford goes down again.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Definitely need a good plan B. Someone who won't make the season seem lost if Bradford goes down again.

If I'm throwing $$$ around, I don't do it on OL. I draft OL and throw the $$$ on someone like Chase Daniel as a backup QB. Someone who can throw and is mobile to survive behind this OL. I draft OL heavily then. This OL is quite embarrassing. Just saying.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
... I can't believe I'm saying this. I really can't. Bradford is the top one available.

Seriously.

Hear me out.

1a) Bradford: Has tools. Upwards trend in all stats before injury. Pretty good game-management. Can get a team into scoring range at the end of a game. Minimal leadership ability. Major injury concerns.

1b) Cutler: Gunslinger. Poor game-manager. Turn-over machine. Bad leadership ability.

2) Glennon: Not really sure if he's worth trying to get. Had half of a decent season last year. Poor offensive line this year but stacked with talent everywhere else on offense so what to make of him.

Both 1b) and 2) are only available by trade and may not be available at all. Others at the bottom of the heap: Ponder, Geno Smith, Matt Moore, Shaun Hill, Sanchize, Locker. UGH UGH UGH

I'd sure like to know how Bradford has gotten this rep of having minimum leadership abilities when he has given nothing but evidence to the contrary. He's the first one in the building, shows up on the sidelines even when on IR, and runs offseason training for teammates at his own expense. He has the respect of the players and the staff. I'm not sure what else a man can do to be considered a leader.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I just hope we don't reach for a QB in the draft. I don't want a Blaine Gabbert, Jake locker, Christian Ponder etc. I'd rather build the O-line and have a strong running game. We have good backs. Use them!

Alan

Legend
We're probably not going to find a starter this year (other than SB) but I'd like some serious work done on finding a quality backup.

Teran

UDFA
I could be wrong and just not tuning into the right media outlets, but I think part of the knock on Bradford about not being a leader is that he doesn't do a lot of media appearances.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Agreed on Sam if we can get him back at a reduced price. if not, I'll still take him. However, i thought Chase Daniel is going to be a FA? I would love to sign that kid as a backup to Sam. He's been around a few years and is a very mobile guy. Just saying.

Chase Daniel is under contract to the Kansas City Chiefs through the 2015 season. That said, the Chiefs are going to be tight up against the salary cap and Daniel could be a cap casualty or possibly available for trade. Chase played a nice game yesterday in what was essentially a playoff game for the Chiefs. He looked really good in the first half and then struggled a bit in the second half when the offense was dialed back to preserve the lead.

iced

You really want to approach OL with FA again??? lol The last FA OL that worked out for us? Timmerman??? Nuff said.. Maybe we can get Jason Brown to quit farming and come back? JK man but still. You see my point. What QB is early that would warrant the pick? I would rather go early OL. Plus if barks leave we'll need a plug and play RT in the draft. Time will tell.

it really hasn't mattered how we tried to address the OL - from jason brown to jason smith, nothin has worked

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
it really hasn't mattered how we tried to address the OL - from jason brown to jason smith, nothin has worked

So don't sign or draft anybody named Jason - problem solved.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I think Daniel has a cap hit of $4 million next year (going from memory), and the Chiefs just drafted Aaron Murray out of Georgia. I bet Daniel is a cap casualty. Whether KC just flat out cuts him or trades him is a mystery. I think if they cut him, the cap hit is $1 million... but he'd be a great backup.