After reading a ton of articles by ‘experts’ on this Covid-cap FA offseason...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Here are a few of my thoughts.

Rams are definitely cap strapped and yet they may find an actual windfall of above normal FA’s that they can actually utilize. Hear me out, please.

Here’s what I mean.

If Rams are going all out to create cap room via restructuring and a possible shrewd trade or two like Brockers and/or Hav, then a modest amount of cap dollars could be created to pounce on limited bargains. That’s Step One. And it’s certain that the Rams are at least pursuing the restructuring strategy.

Now comes Step Two, potentially. Most ‘experts’ seem to feel that there will be a glut of vets made available because of forced “Covid-cap’ cuts. Many more than in a normal year, anyway. So, if Rams keep their powder dry in the early days of FA frenzy, which they will most likely have to do in any case, then they will find some higher than normal quality Vets in a pool sitting there for some juicy (and very affordable) 1 year contracts at positions of Ram need. I’m talking C, Edge, ILB, maybe a TE?

Let’s carry this working theory forward to a potential Step 3. What if several of these above normal year average talented FA’s are inclined to agree to rather ‘creative’ back loaded contracts to ensure their financial security for the next 5 or so years? If they do then it’s a win-win for player and club!

Wouldn’t it be ironic if the cap cash strapped Rams actually were able to pick up a bumper crop of quality FA’s this year? I’m thinking it could actually happen. If a trade or 2 of a Brockers or Hav could also come together for either picks or players, then that would be the cherry on top. This could be a HR caliber offseason that fans could be talking about for years. It’s really a supply and demand thing, don’t you think?

It would merely require a very few dominoes to fall AND a very smart and ballsy Ram FO.

Thoughts?

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

Rams are definitely cap strapped and yet they may find an actual windfall of above normal FA’s that they can actually utilize. Hear me out, please.

Here’s what I mean.

If Rams are going all out to create cap room via restructuring and a possible shrewd trade or two like Brockers and/or Hav, then a modest amount of cap dollars could be created to pounce on limited bargains. That’s Step One. And it’s certain that the Rams are at least pursuing the restructuring strategy.

Now comes Step Two, potentially. Most ‘experts’ seem to feel that there will be a glut of vets made available because of forced “Covid-cap’ cuts. Many more than in a normal year, anyway. So, if Rams keep their powder dry in the early days of FA frenzy, which they will most likely have to do in any case, then they will find some higher than normal quality Vets in a pool sitting there for some juicy (and very affordable) 1 year contracts at positions of Ram need. I’m talking C, Edge, ILB, maybe a TE?

Let’s carry this working theory forward to a potential Step 3. What if several of these above normal year average talented FA’s are inclined to agree to rather ‘creative’ back loaded contracts to ensure their financial security for the next 5 or so years? If they do then it’s a win-win for player and club!

Wouldn’t it be ironic if the cap cash strapped Rams actually were able to pick up a bumper crop of quality FA’s this year? I’m thinking it could actually happen. If a trade or 2 of a Brockers or Hav could also come together for either picks or players, then that would be the cherry on top. This could be a HR caliber offseason that fans could be talking about for years. It’s really a supply and demand thing, don’t you think?

It would merely require a very few dominoes to fall AND a very smart and ballsy Ram FO.

Thoughts?

I love POSITIVE thinking!!!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Here’s what I mean.

Thoughts?

I see the teams with excess CAP being the real players for the one year contract guys, those young 2'nd contract athletes who seemingly will do better financially waiting a year until the overall CAP is boosted again next season. It may actually be more advantageous for the Rams to pick a few guys wisely and go long-term, which also allows for a substantial first year CAP hit to be heavily discounted, pushing the bulk of his salary into future seasons when there is a lot more money in play. The Rams received no CAP break by signing Fowler or Floyd for one year each, although there is the advantage of deciding later whether you want to re-sign them long term, but that's only doable if you have the available CAP to get it done at a later date. Hard to determine just what will happen until we see how much restructuring is accomplished and what the available CAP numbers turn out to be. jmo.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Most ‘experts’ seem to feel that there will be a glut of vets made available because of forced “Covid-cap’ cuts. Many more than in a normal year, anyway. So, if Rams keep their powder dry in the early days of FA frenzy, which they will most likely have to do in any case, then they will find some higher than normal quality Vets in a pool sitting there for some juicy (and very affordable) 1 year contracts at positions of Ram need. I’m talking C, Edge, ILB, maybe a TE?

This feels like the year to do this, and find a lot of quality. (y)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This feels like the year to do this, and find a lot of quality. (y)

Sounds good in theory. McSnead have a plan. It’s Pastoory time!! Serve up some Irish Pasta come Wednesday like Gnocchi . Can always get creative with cheese & potatoes