AFROS - Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Kenny Britt named the Rams WRs AFROS - Americas Finest Receivers On Sundays.

I thought at the time it was just Britt being Britt and way over the top.

Now, I think it's not only going to come true, but be recognized as such across the league.

Kenny Britt changed this team.

I think he's going to emerge in a big way and that he and Quick will be one of the top pairs in the game.

This season he went from 0 targets, to 1 target (this is where fans started calling him a bust), to 7, to 6 (this is where they stopped calling him a bust).

Last week he had a 22.7 YPR average.

As teams wake up to Quick, Britt will be right there. Dude just fights for the ball. He protected AD from an interception last week with pure will power and athleticism. He's aggressive and dominating.

A few throws by AD just a foot or so better and he would have exploded on the Eagles. Not only that, but the same can be said for Quick and Cook. AD was so damn close. Several big plays were at the tips of their fingers.

AD is starting the third game of his career. As he becomes better adjusted, I think this passing game is going to explode on the scene and I pray it's this week because it's go time.

Kenny Britt, welcome to the Rams!

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let's not forget that Bailey is just now back up to speed and receiving again and TA is back healthy. That's freaking deadly.

Britt/Quick outside, Cook in the seam, TA outside/trick plays/underneath/crossing, Bailey running routes, that's got to be a handful for ANY team.

I expect a conservative game up to the point that the run isn't working or the Rams get behind but now they can just throw the switch and it's bombs away.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It certainly appears to have the makings for a VERY good receiver corp. And yeah - Britt's swagger may have quite a bit to do with it. Did anyone expect WR to be a strength on this team this year? I had my hopes/beliefs in Quick but they look better than I pictured. Even though I really like what I've seen from AD, I can't help but imagine what they'd look like with Sam throwing to them. The one thing I don't know in all that though is, would Sam have thrown balls for them to just go up and get? I honestly don't know but I have to figure he would have more than at any time in his history here.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I hope he lights it up on Monday. Picked him up on my FF team last week. I just had this feeling watching him the last couple games that he's going to break out at any time.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It certainly appears to have the makings for a VERY good receiver corp. And yeah - Britt's swagger may have quite a bit to do with it. Did anyone expect WR to be a strength on this team this year? I had my hopes/beliefs in Quick but they look better than I pictured. Even though I really like what I've seen from AD, I can't help but imagine what they'd look like with Sam throwing to them. The one thing I don't know in all that though is, would Sam have thrown balls for them to just go up and get? I honestly don't know but I have to figure he would have more than at any time in his history here.

I don't know. This is Sam's worst nightmare. They finally have a WR corps with depth and a variety of talent and it's the 3rd stringer getting all the accolades. I don't think anyone can claim it's AD at this point only because we haven't seen them with another QB. Is AD making them look good or are they making AD look good or are they BOTH just good? I know I'm going to get dumped on for saying this, but I think that WR corps would make any decent QB look good.

IF they give AD a clean pocket on Monday, forget about it.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
We definitely have one of the most underrated groups of wrs in the league. I'm cooling on Cook and his bad hands and even worse attitude at times, but he does present a hell of a match up issue for anyone trying to cover him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't know. This is Sam's worst nightmare. They finally have a WR corps with depth and a variety of talent and it's the 3rd stringer getting all the accolades. I don't think anyone can claim it's AD at this point only because we haven't seen them with another QB. Is AD making them look good or are they making AD look good or are they BOTH just good? I know I'm going to get dumped on for saying this, but I think that WR corps would make any decent QB look good.

Forget about it is right, look what he has accomplished and he has been under heavy pressure. When he has been afforded a little time he has been scary good especially at getting the ball down field.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I honestly think the WRs are making AD look better. And that is not a slight on AD. I think everyone knows I really like the kid. IMO he throws a very catchable ball and dares to make his receivers win the ball. But without the receivers that CAN and WILL win the ball, I'm not sure AD would get it done. By the same token, I think AD is one of the better QBs going right now and much of that IS because he makes his receivers better by trusting them to go get the ball.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I honestly think the WRs are making AD look better. And that is not a slight on AD. I think everyone knows I really like the kid. IMO he throws a very catchable ball and dares to make his receivers win the ball. But without the receivers that CAN and WILL win the ball, I'm not sure AD would get it done.

It's both 503, thee is serious synergy right now He is giving them catchable passes and also giving them some they can "go get", it's smart of him to use Britt and Quicks size and athleticism.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's both 503, thee is serious synergy right now He is giving them catchable passes and also giving them some they can "go get", it's smart of him to use Britt and Quicks size and athleticism.
Yep.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I was a bit worried with how long it took Britt to touch the ball early on this season... but he's been good enough that in retrospect, I would have pounded the table for Watkins less than I did....

Now, if only G-Rob can get on the field...

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh he would habe. We were already seeing that in preseason before he went down. Those 3rd and 25 passes he was throwing. Bradford was looking very very good. But Austin Davis is playing lights out and is only going to get better

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

Dude just fights for the ball. He protected AD from an interception last week
That was a big play by Britt, that and the fight for the TD. I definitely think that the bigs(Quick/Britt) are making AD look good. But I also think AD is playing really well, and also playing to their strengths. It takes a certain kind of QB to take the risky throws AD is taking and making. The play last week when Wells muffed the snap, AD controls it and within a split second whips it down field to Quick. He almost made a great play. I think SB is too shaky in the pocket to let it loose like AD, especially the way our line is playing.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Loving the addition of Kenny Britt. So glad the sex tape thing didn't derail the FO from believing in him....I too wish I could see Sam throw this year to this group...Ahh, all good things must come with time....
Another thought, imagine if Snisher basically told Sam to take a dive, so they could work out the kinks with the QB situation, and get the defense up to speed with Greg Williams...so we'd probably get a higher draft pick...Get Gurley in the first, that MLB/OLB from Miss. State in the 2nd...and some OL's in the 3rd & 4th...conspiracy theories are always alive in LA....LOL

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I think the real question is, What do we do with Britt next year? Sign him long term?
I'd say yes. I think the reason Davies is playing so well atm is because quick, cook and Britt are all huge targets and he feels confident throwing it up for then to make plays. Could he do the same with bailey and tavon, probably not

Use the Bradford money to sign Britt and barksdale to decent contracts. :)